Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom at Seagulls over London tonight

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Recruiting players with criminal records - depends on the crime and how long ago it was. Have to assess all aspects of a player and his personality on and off the field. The key thing is knowing about all issues so that an informed decision can be made. Sexual offences? Can't imagine he would ever sign a player with this. Just because other teams might recruit such players doesn't mean we have to. It's their choice. No criticism of them for doing it. Just not what he would do.

Very pleased with this answer.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Brilliant to see how little attention these rather significant utterances will receive on here.

Let it drift onto Page 2 and then the NSC Brains Trust can get back to witless gibbering about Sami being sacked, Tony Bloom selling up, the hopeless transport system and everything the club sells being far too expensive...

It's Friday ! Where are the doggies in fancy dress photos? (Waits for posts of not very good looking ladies in weird costumes::)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Amex capacity - unlikely to be increased bar maybe squeezing a few hundred more in. Too expensive and makes no sense if we drop back down from the Prem.

1901 club - not perfect but under constant review, performance-wise. Fewer complaints this year. Hard to please everyone from corporate sponsors to single game attendees. Trying to streamline things for the future.

Governance - fans on he board? Already got them. No plans to take on new Directors. Fan ownership would create problems.

Training ground tours - unlikely to become a regular feature although some small groups might be accommodated, exceptionally. Busy year round and can't arrange organised regular tours.

Five year look back at Chairmanship - done well, happy, record crowds, good progress, less impressive so far this year, disappointing play-offs, great academy achievement, always looking to improve.

That's it.

top effort thanks

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thanks @ Dan Aitch

Is Albion's system too complicated to play? - no. These are well paid players who can adapt and learn,....

I thought we were targeting certain players that can play to Albion's system not trying to adapt them. strikers are not adapting and been a problem since moving to the Amex bar one..

I thought it was interesting for him to link being well paid with an ability to learn :)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Brilliant to see how little attention these rather significant utterances will receive on here.

Let it drift onto Page 2 and then the NSC Brains Trust can get back to witless gibbering about Sami being sacked, Tony Bloom selling up, the hopeless transport system and everything the club sells being far too expensive...

Sad but true MG although I think you're being a tad too generous there in your evaulation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He has been a fan longer than chairman. What do you think he would say ?

I would hope he said that the Chief executives comments were unwise and the CEO didn't understand that supporting this club is not all about pounds shillings and pence, but about the heart and it is a gross insult to call those of us who have supported this club through thick and very thin that were are no longer fans, but customers.

That is what I would hope he would have said.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

It IS too expensive!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I would hope he said that the Chief executives comments were unwise and the CEO didn't understand that supporting this club is not all about pounds shillings and pence, but about the heart and it is a gross insult to call those of us who have supported this club through thick and very thin that were are no longer fans, but customers.

I take it that you'd be happy for your boss to publicly criticise you in a pub with 30 strangers, knowing full well that that criticism would then be published on a social media website read by hundreds of other strangers then?

You may wish that PB had never used the word "customer" but to expect TB to contradict PB is unrealistic, imo. Personally, I'd have been horrified if he had. If he did have a problem with it, I would hope he had had a word in PB's shell-like, saying "Not cool - don't say it again please"...

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

After last night I am much more relaxed about the value for money on food etc. When you consider that each home game costs him about £500,000 (assuming he is funding a £12m loss, and ignoring capital spend etc) then the price of a meal doesn't really seem that bad if it helps to reduce the debt.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I felt much more optimistic after the meeting. TB's answers were considered and showed that he is fully aware of the sort of issues that cause supporters concern. I was also impressed by the way the meeting was chaired with questions being encouraged and the whole session lasting two and a half minutes. We're lucky to have TB as chairman.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Shame nobody asked what would happen if we were bottom 3 in another 10 games time and what would happen if we were relegated and does it worry him the number of ticket holders not going.

I bet he has not thought that through.

You are right. That is the sort of dynamic, searching question that would have left him shaking in his boots.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Shame nobody asked what would happen if we were bottom 3 in another 10 games time and what would happen if we were relegated and does it worry him the number of ticket holders not going. Instead it is LICK LICK LICK, waste of time if all the lickers just let him think he is WONDERFUL

Except he has done three long interviews with argus, bbc and fans over the last couple of days and he was asked those questions. Keep up Ernie.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Shame nobody asked what would happen if we were bottom 3 in another 10 games time and what would happen if we were relegated and does it worry him the number of ticket holders not going. Instead it is LICK LICK LICK, waste of time if all the lickers just let him think he is WONDERFUL

Without giving a number of games, he made it very clear that although he fully expects Sami to turn this around and have good times ahead for many years, he also knows that bad results can't go on for ever, so there is a point when changes need to be made. He was clearly saying that he believes that wil not happen and we will see performances turn to results, but .....

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Fair enough. You have been more steadfast in your support than most. I am able to separate out the messages from the club that I think are aimed at me, and those that are aimed at the even more casual fan*.

*I was going to put customer there ....... oops.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I find it very reassuring that he is prepared to 'front up' to fans in this way, even when he must be well aware that there is a certain degree of unrest amongst many supporters. I doubt there are many more open and accessible chairmen in the League than TB, its to his great credit that he attends these functions. There's no pre-prepared list of questions, so he has no idea what he's going to be asked (although he probably has a fair idea). But its just another reason why the guy has my complete trust.

Has it quelled my concerns ? Not really. From what I saw in the summary, there's not a lot of revelationary stuff there. I don't know if he was asked specifically about his statement that in terms of wages, this is now the most expensive group of players in the clubs history - had I been there, that would have been absolutely top of my list to ask him to elaborate on. Obviously I wouldn't expect him to reel off who's on what, but I'd certainly like to see some more flesh on the bones as to how that has come about, given that the replacements clearly aren't of the profile and calibre of players we have had here previously.

But once again, top marks for him turning up again. Just by doing that I think it proves he's completely comfortable that overall the club is still progressing in the right direction under his stewardship, he's open and honest about his decisionmaking, and convinced he's going about everything the right way. We might not entirely agree with the way he does everything, but I don't think we can doubt that he has nothing except the best interests of BHAFC at heart.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't know if he was asked specifically about his statement that in terms of wages, this is now the most expensive group of players in the clubs history

Not sure why this statement was so shocking. Doubt if few clubs in Prem and Champ, don't currently have a squad that is the most highly paid in their history given exponential increase in players wages YOY, increased TV deals, rich chairman like TB, and so on. Still stark differences between club wages in both divisions but all overall bills are on the increase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here