Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom at Seagulls over London tonight

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Strange comment about defensive players seeing as how his last two, successful, managers have been attacking players.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I really don't get why this keeps coming up. He was offered more than double his wage at Palace and we couldn't match it. So he went. Then we replaced him with Ulloa.

Whilst it is water under the bridge, and should remain that way, it's worth knowing that apparently GM made clear his demands - wage level, contract length etc - TB was willing to pay/match it but on the proviso that Gus confirmed it was the right thing to do, and apparently Gus said that he could get better value elsewhere and that Murray wouldn't make it in the Championship. All of this was before he even entered into discussions with that lot up the road.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone ask if he regards us as customers or fans?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Goalkeepers - unusual circumstances prompted AAH loan. Not ideal but had to be done. Casper contract extension done during the summer and no regrets. Valuable addition to the squad and works well with younger players..

This is something we hear time and again. It seems that regardless of whether he is likely to play, the club really rate Casper's input on the training ground.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
It's good that Bloom has spoken out.

He is always going to tow the party line and sell the benefits of the strategy they have taken etc

I don't agree with lots of things presently but a least we have a fan in charge who has invested into the club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's good that Bloom has spoken out.

He is always going to tow the party line and sell the benefits of the strategy they have taken etc

I don't agree with lots of things presently but a least we have a fan in charge who has invested into the club.

As it's his party, it'd be a little surprising if he didn't ...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Governance - fans on he board? Already got them. No plans to take on new Directors. Fan ownership would create problems.

Was there any elaboration here? I don't really understand what the problems would be, barring a AGM to organise, which would only be a slightly more formal "fans forum" anyway.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Jeez sounds Like a lickers jamboree. Were in the sheet big time and Sounds like you all lapped up the spin. Gutted I was away with work and could t challenge properly as the summary of what you lot pitched was very poor. #sleepwalkingtorelegation

I was not there - but most people tend to appreciate someone making an effort to attend an event like that and answer any questions put forward.

People tend to be both polite and respectful in those circumstances.

Because as that now infamous thread put it - what exactly have you got to be unhappy about ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That goes for me too. Thanks.

Don't agree with everything, but strangely I feel a bit better after reading that than I did the stuff in the Argus. (God, I'm so easily-influenced).

LOL, that's pretty much how I felt. It's reassured me slightly, but I can't quite explain why, as it is still an effort at quelling the disquiet, with very little substance. I guess it's because we are lucky to have an owner who is prepared to turn out to evenings like Seagulls Over London.

Many years ago, I used to go regularly to SOL meetings and it was great to meet with representatives of the club in such an informal manner. It really does feel like the "guest" is a mate who has turned up for a few pints. Feels a bit like a midweek away game where you've all met in the pub, and heard the game has been called off. Perhaps the meetings are somewhat larger these days, but I doubt it. I'm somewhat reassured all the time our owner is happy to meet with fans in such an environment. That generates a lot more reassurance than the awful interview in The Argus which just read like no-one has even seen the iceberg on the horizon.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
LOL, that's pretty much how I felt. It's reassured me slightly, but I can't quite explain why, as it is still an effort at quelling the disquiet, with very little substance. I guess it's because we are lucky to have an owner who is prepared to turn out to evenings like Seagulls Over London.

Many years ago, I used to go regularly to SOL meetings and it was great to meet with representatives of the club in such an informal manner. It really does feel like the "guest" is a mate who has turned up for a few pints. Feels a bit like a midweek away game where you've all met in the pub, and heard the game has been called off. Perhaps the meetings are somewhat larger these days, but I doubt it. I'm somewhat reassured all the time our owner is happy to meet with fans in such an environment. That generates a lot more reassurance than the awful interview in The Argus which just read like no-one has even seen the iceberg on the horizon.

Agreed. I think it's because he IS prepared to go to the pub and meet a few fans in their own environment (rather than talk to a journalist, which he could just do over the phone) that makes one feel a bit better. Loads of chairmen wouldn't do it; quite a few would be too scared to do it. At the end of the day we ARE ****ing lucky to have him.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Thanks @ Dan Aitch

players always perform inconsistently at any club... did make me laugh

Is Albion's system too complicated to play? - no. These are well paid players who can adapt and learn,....
I thought we were targeting certain players that can play to Albion's system not trying to adapt them. strikers are not adapting and been a problem since moving to the Amex bar one..

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Many thanks to Dan Aitch for the excellent feedback on the meeting it's much appreciated.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Brilliant to see how little attention these rather significant utterances will receive on here.

Let it drift onto Page 2 and then the NSC Brains Trust can get back to witless gibbering about Sami being sacked, Tony Bloom selling up, the hopeless transport system and everything the club sells being far too expensive...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here