Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter gone

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Will Blatter end up retiring with his $$$$$ in Russia ? No extradition treaty with the USA.

I thought he wasn't allowed to leave Switzerland at the moment.

I have to follow the general consensus on here. That irrefutable evidence of his misdeeds have been put before him....what a prat, should have jumped before the poo hit the fan.

I doubt he has been presented with anything as the FBI and Swiss would only do that once they have arrested him. More likely he is aware the net is closing and with his Secretary General under pressure, he might be concerned that the man closest to him might soon be squealing!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Great news; a few bent executives that have been on the take might just go before they're pushed now, hopefully. I hope they get that slimeball Valcke.
The next thing must be the way votes are dished out, such as the Cayman Islands having the same vote as Brazil, for example. Needs a good look at; probably by whoever sorted the IOC out.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Especially if that European is Platini.

At last it shows the world that the Brits were 100% correct and corruption was at the core of those 2 last World Cup bids.
100% correct but 100% clear? I would be very surprised if everything we did to win the World Cup was completely squeaky clean.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Oh, & I pray to the football Gods that this may just be the beginning of the end for both the Russia & Qatar WC's. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Sepp Blatter will be the new Middle East Peace Envoy and Tony Blair the new President of FIFA.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Well pleased with this. He has spent the whole of his career fronting it out.............they must be getting close to him now.

100% correct but 100% clear? I would be very surprised if everything we did to win the World Cup was completely squeaky clean.

Perhaps they will announce an enquiry into the '66 Russian Linesman???

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If, and it's a huge if, they elect a reformer, then they'll have to have a rerun of the voting for 2018 and 2022.

If they go for someone within Blatter's circle, and I Include Platini in that, then nothing will change. I can't see Platini pushing for a revote.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought he wasn't allowed to leave Switzerland at the moment.

The Swiss have only said they may want to question him further on alleged corruption charges within FIFA and not him as an individual. If he sneaks out of the country it would let them off the hook as further scrutiny into how the Swiss "do business" would open a whole new can of worms.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So when he stood there last week, hands clenched above his head and shouting, "Let's go FIFA! Let's go FIFA!" what he in fact meant to say was "My mandate does not appear to be supported by everybody. What counts most to me is the institute of Fifa and football around the world."

I can see how that would happen.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looks like the super soaraway Sun newspaper had it's finger on the pulse five years ago when the first allegations were made.....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3254283/Viewers-anger-at-BBC-over-FIFA-expos.html

...I would be very surprised if everything we did to win the World Cup was completely squeaky clean.

My parents used to show dogs. Often they'd come home disappointed and claim that it was all a fix and would then proceed to rattle off stories of bias, patronage, corruption etc etc. Yet guess what?, come the next big show, they'd be there, trying to seek approval and gain recognition from the very people they railed against. Bizarre! They just couldn't bring themselves to walk away.

I do wonder at times just how much noise English football fans and our governing body would be making if we had won any of the recent World Cup bids we've been happy to put in???

I'm always curious to see which individuals are put up in our society as the man on the screen for the two minute hate rituals.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Great news but think this is a way of doing greatest damage to his enemies, us and the US ( I know you all elected me but I had to go as it was best for FIFA because of the witch hunt from England and the US). Also it means he can put his stooge forward for election.

But surely he wouldn't be that dishonest?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here