Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blatter gone

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Blatter told Swiss TV on Friday: “Why would I step down? That would mean I recognise that I did wrong.” Hmmm.

:wrong:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope the FBI pursue him for the rest of his days, I really hope he has not managed to get some kind of plea bargain and stepping down means he is off the hook.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Oh well at least that goes some way to alleviating the disappointment of losing the second test:thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The cynic in me wonders if he went through with the Presidential election simply as a stalling tactic. A chance for FIFA to avoid a reformer like Prince Ali, get their own man in temporary charge, draw out the next election - you're 6 months closer to both World Cups.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They (FBI) must have something on him and UEFA's threat to pull out of the World Cup, forced him out. We need a real football person (preferably European) as head of FIFA.

Why European?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Interesting that in the conference on SSN the guy said, more than once, that all options were open in terms of FIFA Executive Committee reform.

I may be wrong but isn't that the body that the British FA have a permanent seat on, whilst everyone else is elected? I have a feeling that will be changing fairly soon if it is the guess.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
image.jpg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The cynic in me wonders if he went through with the Presidential election simply as a stalling tactic. A chance for FIFA to avoid a reformer like Prince Ali, get their own man in temporary charge, draw out the next election - you're 6 months closer to both World Cups.

Hm, pretty believable theory.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will Blatter end up retiring with his $$$$$ in Russia ? No extradition treaty with the USA.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why European?
Especially if that European is Platini.

At last it shows the world that the Brits were 100% correct and corruption was at the core of those 2 last World Cup bids.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wooohooooo, best news Ive heard for a long time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Resigning to a near empty room. What a shame. Bent ****.

Ha I noticed that. How different from Fridays ' lets go FIFA, lets go FIFA' in a packed auditorium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here