Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool 1 West Ham 4

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't understand - why did West Ham not bring on a substitute goalkeeper? Not that they needed one, as it turned out!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Against a team in your league, with ten men for half hour AND no goalkeeper. Appalling really put it this way I'd prefer to lose 6-1 away to Liverpool than like that!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't understand - why did West Ham not bring on a substitute goalkeeper? Not that they needed one, as it turned out!

allardyce doesn't name a sub keeper apparently, i guess its sort of playing the odds, having 5 outfield players as subs instead of 4 makes quite a big difference. From what i've heard from a west ham supporting friend, lansbury (i think?) and tomkins (i think) are actually very good goal keepers :lolol: even if they do get a keeper sent off then they could just put 9 at the back and defend a lead/damage limitation.

its interesting anyway...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Lansbury has a touch of the Gary Hart's about him and actually enjoys playing in goal. He's played in goal for the England Under 21s in a similar situation.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Who remembers Kevin Bremner going in goal in front of the North Stand? Was it against Gillingham?

Dont remember that particular game but I do remember another game against Gillingham. 2nd leg of a league cup match back in the Goldstone days. We had lost the 1st leg 1-0 away I think. Chris Hutchins then equalised for us back at The Goldstone. Gills then had their keeper sent off and had to replace him with an outield player. It turned out that they put the 2nd shortest player on the pitch in goal. Anyway, the score stayed the same and we lost on penalties!!!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair play to Sam 'dice

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Dont remember that particular game but I do remember another game against Gillingham. 2nd leg of a league cup match back in the Goldstone days. We had lost the 1st leg 1-0 away I think. Chris Hutchins then equalised for us back at The Goldstone. Gills then had their keeper sent off and had to replace him with an outield player. It turned out that they put the 2nd shortest player on the pitch in goal. Anyway, the score stayed the same and we lost on penalties!!!!!

Remeber being really pissed off that night because they took the pens down the south end :tantrum:

Amexican

May 21, 2011
allardyce doesn't name a sub keeper apparently, i guess its sort of playing the odds, having 5 outfield players as subs instead of 4 makes quite a big difference. From what i've heard from a west ham supporting friend, lansbury (i think?) and tomkins (i think) are actually very good goal keepers :lolol: even if they do get a keeper sent off then they could just put 9 at the back and defend a lead/damage limitation.

its interesting anyway...

Big Sam hasn't named a goalkeeper on the bench for most of the season...a calculated risk that doesn't seem to have backfired yet...even yesterday.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As he said last night after the game:

The Big Sam said:
Blackpool. Another victim of Big Sam's tactical supremacy. Smashed apart like an adorable fanny

followed by:

The Big Sam said:
Big Sam peels back the banana skins of cicumstance and feasts on the tasty, potassium-filled inards of imagination

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here