Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn fan in peace needs YOU

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
1. Cant see Blackburn coming near the play-offs - off field problems and manager changes have put pay to that - we of course still have a good chance.

2. All managers have their price, if Chelsea pay a good price - then let him go, i wont be bitter about it. I doubt he will get the job though.

3. Its a bloody shambles. They have done great at taking a decent club and making them shit.

4. Leo Ulloa, our new Argie striker. CMS can also be a handful and depending if he plays - Will Buckley could run the Blackburn defence in circles.

5. Jordan Rhodes, great striker although the £8 Million paid was too much i think.

6. Brighton 2-1 Blackburn

And finally...

7. No, we have one of sorts called Paul Barber - he is already very unpopular of sorts with some fans.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Howdy NSC,

I'm Amarillo from over at BRFCS.com. Yes, I know, not exactly a Rovers-esque username but it's a long story (actually, it's not. Villarreal CF happen to be my second love and that's part of their nickname). Anyway, as I'm sure you're all aware, there's an upcoming match between our two noble clubs on Tuesday night and as is the custom for our match previews, I've come to get some views from the rival camp.

So, without further ado, I'd be much obliged if you could humour me for a moment and answer some of my questions, the best of which will feature on the match preview thread which I'll update you with as and when it's posted.

Q. With only two points separating us, the play-off spots are within sight of both clubs. Do you think promotion is a realistic possibility for either club this season?

Q. There have been recent murmurs that Gus Poyet could be next for Chelski's poisoned chalice. Do you think he could handle a top job and more importantly could Brighton afford to lose him?

Q. What do you make of the running joke that is Venky's ownership?

Q. Which Brighton players should we watch out for on Tuesday?

Q. Which Blackburn players would you want in your side?

Q. What will be the score, George Dawes?

And finally...

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'? :D

Thanks in advance!

1) Very much so but I'm not sure both can make the playoffs, making Tuesday's game important
2) I'm not sure he's quite ready, even after today's game his tactical inflexibility & lack of game changing substitutions are bugbears. He's learning though & he will be managing in the Premier League some time in the not to distant future. Brighton will need to make a good appointment if he does go but Tony Bloom is a shrewd man and I would trust him to get it right.
3) It's disgraceful & I feel immensely for Blackburn. As I'm sure you are aware Brighton have had their own share of owner induced misery. If they don't get up this year or next, there's huge trouble.
4) We have some excellent individuals, Bruno & Bridge are dangerous fullbacks going forward, Bridcutt does the simple things well and tends to go unnoticed. Vicente is the best player in the division if he can get on the pitch & the injury prone Buckley is a pacey and direct winger who is useful in front of goal.
5) Jordan Rhodes, we lack a goalscorer.
6) 2-1 Brighton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes.
No and no.
Embarrassing.
Vicente.
Rhodes.
2-1
Eh?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
1) You have a strong squad and should be up there. How Robinson has been ditched for a guy who looked close to tears when he played for Hartlepool against us a couple of years ago is beyond my comprehension. Best goalkeeper in the division.

2) Gus has the character and personality to take a job like that. Whether he'd get the patience from the top for his outbursts, who knows. But I think he'd do well there.

3) Publically I think it is a disgrace. But is Shebby Singh not the problem? Are the owners not just stupidly following that misguided moron?

4) Bridcutt, Vicente, El-Abd, Bridge, Ulloa, Mackail-Smith (Ignore the bellends on here who are blind to his value to a team).

5) Jordan Rhodes, Paul Robinson, Danny Murphy, Gael Givet (Football Manager hero!).

6) Brighton 2-0 Blackburn

7) No. Singh comes across as a bloke you'd meet in a pub amd immediately just want to slap, just seems like an unlikable oaf.

Enjoy the game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Q. With only two points separating us, the play-off spots are within sight of both clubs. Do you think promotion is a realistic possibility for either club this season?
Long shot for both sides. With Cardiff away coming up, we need to beat you to have any chance.

Q. There have been recent murmurs that Gus Poyet could be next for Chelski's poisoned chalice. Do you think he could handle a top job and more importantly could Brighton afford to lose him?
Yes. No.

I feel so very sorry for you.

Vicente, Ulloa, Buckley

Not sure who you've got. Rhodes, obviously.

0-0

And finally...

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'?
I think we have a few who post on here :lolol:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Never mind Venky's being a disgrace. The way the Blackburn fans hounded Kean last season was the real disgrace.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
With your snidey, sarcastic comment about him being a goal machine and so brilliant by comparison to the others you named.

On the second part, I'm not at all surprised.

Can you two start your own squabble thread please? :catfight:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Howdy NSC,

I'm Amarillo from over at BRFCS.com. Yes, I know, not exactly a Rovers-esque username but it's a long story (actually, it's not. Villarreal CF happen to be my second love and that's part of their nickname). Anyway, as I'm sure you're all aware, there's an upcoming match between our two noble clubs on Tuesday night and as is the custom for our match previews, I've come to get some views from the rival camp.

So, without further ado, I'd be much obliged if you could humour me for a moment and answer some of my questions, the best of which will feature on the match preview thread which I'll update you with as and when it's posted.

And finally...

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'? :D

Thanks in advance!

Is that you in your avatar?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Howdy NSC,

Q. With only two points separating us, the play-off spots are within sight of both clubs. Do you think promotion is a realistic possibility for either club this season? Improbable, but possible.

Q. There have been recent murmurs that Gus Poyet could be next for Chelski's poisoned chalice. Do you think he could handle a top job and more importantly could Brighton afford to lose him? Rumours shumours. All rubbish, as Abramovich gets expensive men who win big things, doesn't like regular managers making their way up even if successful. He'd rather splash huge lolly on King Kong than risk a few bones on Cheetah. We could afford to 'lose' managers and hire others, but it would be disruptive for the squad.

Q. What do you make of the running joke that is Venky's ownership? I don't know what to make of it. What IS their game?

Q. Which Brighton players should we watch out for on Tuesday? You will probably be complaining about Adam el And, even though he's a fair player, and shouting "HEY!" at the ref every time one of your lot dive to try getting him in trouble.

Q. Which Blackburn players would you want in your side? Rhodes is one, and Gamst Pedersson I always rated

Q. What will be the score, George Dawes? No idea, probably 1-1 or 2-1 to you. We are not consistent except in drawing too many games

And finally...

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'? :D That would be me when the time comes, so 'op it

Thanks in advance!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
With your snidey, sarcastic comment about him being a goal machine and so brilliant by comparison to the others you named.

On the second part, I'm not at all surprised.
I think that the poster was trying to give the impression that they should keep a good watch on CMS, thus they relax more when Vicente,Buckley,OOmpah has the ball.....called irony I think.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
7) No. Singh comes across as a bloke you'd meet in a pub amd immediately just want to slap, just seems like an unlikable oaf.

Having lived in Asia for 4 years and having Shebby Singh as a regular pundit on ESPN over there I can confirm he's one of the most annoying men on the planet. Clueless too.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice to hear a Rovers fan "in peace", as most of the ones I encountered leaving Ewood the other week were too busy spitting "faggots" & "we f***ing 'ate queers in Blackburn" in our direction, along with an unexpected smattering of racial abuse just for good measure. I put it down to the 97th minute equaliser.

Anyway, I would very much like to see Goodwillie in the starting line up please, as I thought he was quite splendid in that game. It's rare to receive such a penalty gift, and for that we were most grateful.

I shall be applauding him heartily if he plays.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Q. With only two points separating us, the play-off spots are within sight of both clubs. Do you think promotion is a realistic possibility for either club this seaPlayoffs in reach for both but I think we will both miss out although saying that middlesborough are on a real baron run and I cannot see Burnley or Millwall keeping up there recent purple patches. So maybe 6th for one of us? at a push.

Q. There have been recent murmurs that Gus Poyet could be next for Chelski's poisoned chalice. Do you think he could handle a top job and more importantly could Brighton afford to lose him? Chelsea are a million miles from looking at managers like Gus. Not being disrespectful to Gus but his management style is very trying and would take ages to get it right at Chelsea as he would need 100% of the players to trust him and theres to many big names for that to happen for example AVB!

Q. What do you make of the running joke that is Venky's ownership? Where do you start turning up to there only home game this season 30 mins before kick off, have that blithering idiot Shebi Singh on 606 saying they need a manager with loads of premier experience then employing Michael Appleton, The big sam debacle, and not forgetting you were gonna sign Ronaldiniho beckham?? lol

Q. Which Brighton players should we watch out for on Tuesday? If you want to watch Premiership quality although he does not have flare look no further than Liam Bridcutt. Flare players theres plenty to pick from but some of them dont like to be kicked so please play nice!

Q. Which Blackburn players would you want in your side? Jordan Rhodes (Goal Machine)

Q. What will be the score, George Dawes? if your lot show up then it could be tight 1-1 if your not quite 100% we could damage you!

And finally...

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'? :D We may do in the next 10 years but I would rather stick needles in my eyes before we consider someone like Shebi :facepalm:

Thanks in advance!

Good Luck for the Match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here