Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn fan in peace needs YOU

Amarillo

Feb 6, 2013
Howdy NSC,

I'm Amarillo from over at BRFCS.com. Yes, I know, not exactly a Rovers-esque username but it's a long story (actually, it's not. Villarreal CF happen to be my second love and that's part of their nickname). Anyway, as I'm sure you're all aware, there's an upcoming match between our two noble clubs on Tuesday night and as is the custom for our match previews, I've come to get some views from the rival camp.

So, without further ado, I'd be much obliged if you could humour me for a moment and answer some of my questions, the best of which will feature on the match preview thread which I'll update you with as and when it's posted.

Q. With only two points separating us, the play-off spots are within sight of both clubs. Do you think promotion is a realistic possibility for either club this season?

Q. There have been recent murmurs that Gus Poyet could be next for Chelski's poisoned chalice. Do you think he could handle a top job and more importantly could Brighton afford to lose him?

Q. What do you make of the running joke that is Venky's ownership?

Q. Which Brighton players should we watch out for on Tuesday?

Q. Which Blackburn players would you want in your side?

Q. What will be the score, George Dawes?

And finally...

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'? :D

Thanks in advance!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
1) No
2) Not yet and no
3) A disgrace
4) Will Buckley (if fit), Leo Ulloa, Vicente (if fit)
5) None of them (I'm not being harsh, I think the clubs are quite evenly balanced so I doubt many of your fans would be tripping over themselves to have any of our players in your side either)
6) 2-1 to us
7) No

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
you will need to double up on the goal scoring machine that is cms. he is our main man. i wouldn't worry about buckley, vicente, lua lua, orlandi or spanish dave. They are shit.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
you will need to double up on the goal scoring machine that is cms. he is our main man. i wouldn't worry about buckley, vicente, lua lua, orlandi or spanish dave. They are shit.

Change the f***ing record, would you?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You used to see the odd Blackburn shirt down south,not any more.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1 TBH no , reasonable chances of getting into play off spots
2 No , Gus needs more experience and would be a great loss as very hard to replace
3 Nearly as bad as CPFC2010
4 Vicente , Ulloa , Mackail-Smith , Buckley , Lopez , Orlandi , Bridge , Bruno and Bridcutt
5 DJ Campbell
6 1-0
7 No , we're not a BIG CLUB yet.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
and where did i have a pop at cms?
Im not married either :)

With your snidey, sarcastic comment about him being a goal machine and so brilliant by comparison to the others you named.

On the second part, I'm not at all surprised.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Howdy NSC,

Q. With only two points separating us, the play-off spots are within sight of both clubs. Do you think promotion is a realistic possibility for either club this season?
Still possible but unlikely for either we are in a slightly better position than you but not much.

Q. There have been recent murmurs that Gus Poyet could be next for Chelski's poisoned chalice. Do you think he could handle a top job and more importantly could Brighton afford to lose him?
He still makes mistakes in the championship not ready for Chelsea yet

Q. What do you make of the running joke that is Venky's ownership?
Exactly that they are a joke and have reduced your club to a laughing stock typical of a lot of modern club ownership not a clue thank god we have Tony Bloom.

Q. Which Brighton players should we watch out for on Tuesday?
God know depends which team Gus picks - very good defence (usually) several midfielders who have a beautiful touch and can turn a game, match winners in Buckley and Lua Lua but up front is the big question although the new striker Leo looks to be a good buy but our best attribute is the team game.

Q. Which Blackburn players would you want in your side?
To be honest I know very little about Blackburn but I would take Jordan Rhodes.

Q. What will be the score, George Dawes?
We could easily win 3-0 or lose by 1 goal it's been that unpredictable but I will plump for a home win 2-1

And finally...

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'? :D
You will be behind me in the queue although I think global for us is Spain.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
In answer to the " which Blackburn player would we like to have in our team" there is clearly one that any team in the Championship and most in the prem would like.......

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
With your snidey, sarcastic comment about him being a goal machine and so brilliant by comparison to the others you named.

On the second part, I'm not at all surprised.

:lolol:

Tell your lads to keep an eye on Charlie Oatway (our coach). His antics are well worth watching - and it will take their minds off the game.

Albion always play best against teams that aren't concentrating.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes- I believe the play-offs are a real possibility, but both teams need a run of victories

Yes - he could do a job, but at times has throws a tantrum and Chelsea may be less inclined to tolerate it.

Running joke - pretty much sums it up. The abuse your supporters gave Steve Keen was embarrassing though.

Depends who plays - all of our players are actually good, keep letting in late goals and its killing us.

Used to really rate Paul Robinson, but he doesn't seem to play much. At a push I guess Jordan Rhodes.

2-0 to Brighton. If you adopt similar rough-house tactics to those at Ewood, fully expect you to finish with 10 may be 9.

No thank you......

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Q. With only two points separating us, the play-off spots are within sight of both clubs. Do you think promotion is a realistic possibility for either club this season? I was hopeful at the start of the season that we'd make the play offs, simple fact is that we don't win enough games. As for Blackburn, I did you in a lot of my league winners bets prior to the season starting without realising quite what a shambles your club actually is in. No you won't make the top 6.

Q. There have been recent murmurs that Gus Poyet could be next for Chelski's poisoned chalice. Do you think he could handle a top job and more importantly could Brighton afford to lose him?He won't get the job at Chelsea unless he proves himself at the highest level, can you really see Abramovitch appointing a managerial novice!

Q. What do you make of the running joke that is Venky's ownership? They seem to be spending money on your team, but don't actually seem to have a clue what they are doing. I also think they are genuinely astonished at the hatred being spewed at them from certain areas of your support

Q. Which Brighton players should we watch out for on Tuesday? Buckley if on form, CMS is a trier

Q. Which Blackburn players would you want in your side?Rhodes, but not at the price you paid for him

Q. What will be the score, George Dawes? Brighton 2-1 Blackburn

And finally...

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'? We already have one, of sorts, in Paul Barber....although he doesn't concern himself with football matters, just business

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here