Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn fan in peace needs YOU

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Every post just has to be a little jab at CMS, doesn't it? I can only assume he shagged your wife or something.

Indeed, and I expect his wife reported that there was a lot of enthusiastic effort but ultimately no end result :)

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Q. With only two points separating us, the play-off spots are within sight of both clubs. Do you think promotion is a realistic possibility for either club this season?

Not really. Even if one of us sneaks in the play-offs it will still be very hard to go up.

Q. There have been recent murmurs that Gus Poyet could be next for Chelski's poisoned chalice. Do you think he could handle a top job and more importantly could Brighton afford to lose him?

Would come a bit too soon for him as he still hasn't mastered The Championship yet. Whilst it would be a massive blow to lose him I'd back our chairman to find the right man to replace him.

Q. What do you make of the running joke that is Venky's ownership?

Really makes me appreciate our owner Tony Bloom. A supporter of the club who really cares.

Q. Which Brighton players should we watch out for on Tuesday?

Vicente. Might not start and almost certainly won't play the full game but has the quality to change games by himself.

Q. Which Blackburn players would you want in your side?

Any side would love a goalscorer like Jordan Rhodes but I've always liked the full back Olsson (no idea which brother he is).

Q. What will be the score, George Dawes?

1-1

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'? :D

I don't think any club other then Blackburn does!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never mind Venky's being a disgrace. The way the Blackburn fans hounded Kean last season was the real disgrace.

You need to read up on it a bit more.

Steve Kean was every inch the Venkys stooge, promoted WELL beyond his capabilities, and kept in place so as not to make a fuss while the owners had a firesale and proceeded to completely RUIN what was (until they arrived) a stable Premier League club. They knew Allardyce would never put up with their antics, so enter the patsy in the form of Kean, who sucked it all up and smiled for the cameras. No doubt he did very nicely out of it thankyouverymuch.

Kean was part of the cancer in that club, and I 100% back the Blackburn fans for their campaign against him. I'd have done the same in their shoes.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
You need to read up on it a bit more

Still doesn't deserve the treatment he got from their so called fans.

And their homophobic bile they spewed at us when we played them there in December means they can f*** right off with any sympathy. But keep being an apologist for them, they're just misunderstood aren't they?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still doesn't deserve the treatment he got from their so called fans.

And their homophobic bile they spewed at us when we played them there in December means they can f*** right off with any sympathy. But keep being an apologist for them, they're just misunderstood aren't they?

Who said anything about homophobic chanting ? I wasn't there so am in no position to comment (were you ? we didn't even play there in December).

Staying on topic, its just lazy journalism which painted all the Blackburn fans as the "bad guys", and Steve Kean as some poor put-upon soul in the wrong place at the wrong time. Well thats bollocks - dig a beat deeper to get the real story. What went on under Keans stewardship there absolutely REEKS, and he was as much a cog in the machine as those ridiculous owners.

Kean is also a convicted drink driver, a proven liar, and after publically saying Allardyce was sacked because he is "a crook" (and having to pay damages as a result), he's a bit of a twat as well, so it makes me laugh when the press come out with this "dignified" crap about him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Calm down dear, I only give a shit about the Albion, not Blackburn poxy Rovers

Oh sorry. I thought you were posting on a thread started by a Blackburn fan. About our collective thoughts on Blackburn.

Just thought you might be interested in a different perspective on SK...clearly not though, so I'll leave it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a surprise, I thought the coca cola kid had been recalled from loan, and sold on.

It seems he's still there.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Oh sorry. I thought you were posting on a thread started by a Blackburn fan.

Yes yes but I don't have much sympathy for the way they behave. Look at their forum, they hate everyone. I do feel very sorry for them being run by Venky's (how could I not being an Albion fan) but they should try to win sympathy with other fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes yes but I don't have much sympathy for the way they behave. Look at their forum, they hate everyone. I do feel very sorry for them being run by Venky's (how could I not being an Albion fan) but they should try to win sympathy with other fans.

I think they were understandably more focussed on what Kean and the Venkys were doing to their club at the time. Sympathy from other fans would've been down the list, but it must have been frustrating to have seen such a widespread perception from outside that Kean was somehow a victim in all this. He bloody well wasn't.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Q. With only two points separating us, the play-off spots are within sight of both clubs. Do you think promotion is a realistic possibility for either club this season?
I am amazed Rovers are as close to us as that. But yes I guess if we can make it you can

Q. There have been recent murmurs that Gus Poyet could be next for Chelski's poisoned chalice. Do you think he could handle a top job and more importantly could Brighton afford to lose him?
He could do that job in his sleep, and perhaps run us part time. We can't afford to lose him

Q. What do you make of the running joke that is Venky's ownership? It is a sick joke. See the many threads on NSC about how lucky we feel to have our owner and not the likes of yours

Q. Which Brighton players should we watch out for on Tuesday? Kuschak, who made a wonder save at Ewood the other week, Bruno, El-Abd at free kicks, calde whether he's on the bench or not, Bridge who you might remember from your premiershite days, Upson (ditto), Orlandi, Hammond, Bridcutt, Vicente, Bucker, David, Lua Lua, CMS, Ulloa and Dicker. Don't worry about Barnes (he's suspended)

Q. Which Blackburn players would you want in your side? Alan Shearer

Q. What will be the score, George Dawes? 2-1 to the Albion

And finally...

Q. Do Brighton have room for a 'Global Adviser'? OMG mate there are thousands of them already on here !

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
this fixture is so not exciting, the sound of the name "Blackburn" fills me with dread, I have put them with "middlesborough" as two places I would just dont want to visit as I have this image of just backward life. Anyway lowest gate of the season tonight, I expect them to bring no more than 150 and with actual bums on seats I reckon no more than 20,000 actually there. (still a good gate though)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here