Blackberry bloke - NOT answering the tough questions.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
BB has been f***ed since the London Riots. Total PR disaster.

They should do a 'Life's a Riot with Blackberry 10' PR campaign.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Been using a BB10 device for the last 2 months and have to admit it has some very nice touches. The time warp camera is great for group pics where you can wind back time on the person who always blinks at the wrong moment and use the image on their face only from a second or 2 previous. Blackberry Remember looks a useful feature as well where you can store related emails, links, photos in a single folder so everything is to hand (think holidays, you have an email with a booking ref, a link to the hotel website and a photo of the hooker booked for the week :) ). No jumping from one app to the next.

Not sure screen share will be used much though and it just seems a rip off of face time. And the media site linking almost seems stalkerish where it collates all the info from all the sites your contacts are on, but could be useful for business users.

I will be getting a Z10, but only as its free (part of their incentive to get 75000 apps on the store by launch, write an app, have a free phone), cant see I would pay 480 quid for one though

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Er, the Apple Juggernaught has a puncture. Its all about Android people

Lets ignore the FANTASTIC Nokia Lumia range shall we?

I've had a Dell Streak, SGS2, a 920 and an iPod touch. The 920 trumps in out of the box functionality all three IMO. I love it. Nokia are fantastic too - they make some fantastic apps. Nokia maps is better than Google Maps and i never thought I would say that. I've got a nexus 7 which I love dearly, and I do really rate Android but WP8 is not getting enough lime light - it really is a fantastic product.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Maybe Ronaldo was taking notes following his new career change into advertising.:shootself

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p014f3p9[/video]
:lol: what a twat. So the message is, don't buy a Blackberry, because it went wrong, but they still don't know what went wrong. Got it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

I've had a Dell Streak, SGS2, a 920 and an iPod touch. The 920 trumps in out of the box functionality all three IMO. I love it. Nokia are fantastic too - they make some fantastic apps. Nokia maps is better than Google Maps and i never thought I would say that. I've got a nexus 7 which I love dearly, and I do really rate Android but WP8 is not getting enough lime light - it really is a fantastic product.

its a good point, but the focus is all on the Windows 8 on Surface ironically, and the launch for the 920 and others was very lack lusture, with the stupid decisions to not compete on price and to limit availability to selected carriers. too early to call but i think they screwed it and murmurings are that Nokia is going to go andriod after all.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm going to get myself a Linux Ubuntu phone. They have given me a free operating system for years, it's the least I can do.
I will probably never use the function, but you can also dock the phone and use it as a desktop.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Having heard the 3 interviews, i can't believe this guy being in the position he is in had not had any PR / interview training.
He completely ignored any questions put to him and just read out pre prepared speech.
He should never go in front a microphone again.
His performance was abysmal and will only have done his company/product harm.
These interviews will be used again again it training sessions on how not to conduct yourself in interviews.
The oldest basic and fundamental advice was ignored, two ears and one mouth use them in this ratio, react to what is being said to you.
His board are not going to be happy with him

This;but any company,let alone a communications company, should have either trained this guy to be able to communicate effectively in the media or got someone who could.
I saw the interview with Steph on BBC this morning and it was quite possibly the worst performance I have ever seen from a senior member of a company in my life!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

I think the Lumias are beautiful phones and it was nice to hear last week that Nokia are finally making money from their smartphones again so they do appear to be on the up. The trouble is that there simply aren't anywhere near enough apps in the Windows Phone marketplace and many that are there are much too expensive or are very badly designed.

In terms of hardware and style I don't think the current Lumia range can be beaten. They are absolutely gorgeous phones and the UI is my favourite of all the current mobile OSs, looking really flash and being so smooth and quick to use. If it wasn't SO far behind in terms of apps they'd be a real danger to the Apple/Android dominance but sadly the apps STILL aren't there and I think it's just too late to gain market share for the Windows Phone platform now.

They're also not helped by the high price they put on their handsets which means none of the networks are particularly incentivised to flog them and they don't offer a cost effective alternative to the top end Androids. And what's more is that people don't really like or trust Microsoft as a brand. We use their products out of necessity more than anything else whereas Apple users rave and squeal about their offerings in a way Microsoft could only dream of.

I don't actually like Windows 8 as a PC operating system but I do think that for mobiles, Windows Phone offers the best user experience, minus the problem of not having an abundance of quality apps.

It could have been so different for Nokia and I'd love to have another of their stunningly well designed handsets in my pocket, but alas it isn't to be

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the Lumias are beautiful phones and it was nice to hear last week that Nokia are finally making money from their smartphones again so they do appear to be on the up. The trouble is that there simply aren't anywhere near enough apps in the Windows Phone marketplace and many that are there are much too expensive or are very badly designed.

In terms of hardware and style I don't think the current Lumia range can be beaten. They are absolutely gorgeous phones and the UI is my favourite of all the current mobile OSs, looking really flash and being so smooth and quick to use. If it wasn't SO far behind in terms of apps they'd be a real danger to the Apple/Android dominance but sadly the apps STILL aren't there and I think it's just too late to gain market share for the Windows Phone platform now.

They're also not helped by the high price they put on their handsets which means none of the networks are particularly incentivised to flog them and they don't offer a cost effective alternative to the top end Androids. And what's more is that people don't really like or trust Microsoft as a brand. We use their products out of necessity more than anything else whereas Apple users rave and squeal about their offerings in a way Microsoft could only dream of.

I don't actually like Windows 8 as a PC operating system but I do think that for mobiles, Windows Phone offers the best user experience, minus the problem of not having an abundance of quality apps.

It could have been so different for Nokia and I'd love to have another of their stunningly well designed handsets in my pocket, but alas it isn't to be
I reasonably recently got my first smart phone, and went for the Nokia Lumia 610, I think it was £90 then £10 a month on GiffGaff.

Fan-blooming-tastic.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I will be getting a Z10, but only as its free (part of their incentive to get 75000 apps on the store by launch, write an app, have a free phone), cant see I would pay 480 quid for one though

I've got a Z10 at the moment. Testing for our company. I have to say compared to the older devices this is a very good phone. The BlackBerry Hub is a very good addition to the device together with the balance techology meaning you can switch between work and a personal desktop. Sadly for them, on their big day they sent the wrong man for the job, he came across like he knew nothing about the ptoduct and they have missed a trick with this one. Shame, cos it's a good device.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I reasonably recently got my first smart phone, and went for the Nokia Lumia 610, I think it was £90 then £10 a month on GiffGaff.

Fan-blooming-tastic.

I'm glad you like it. That's a good price point for that handset which is entry-level to mid-range however the high end Lumias are similar in price to the latest iPhone, which is silly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports