Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Black Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I totally agree with the black lives matter mindset but I think it would have also been a good opportunity to also in some way include gangs in that . Apparently more black youths are killed by other black youths in gang war fare in the USA than by any other group . This is just as shocking and I think an opportunity has been lost to highlight this as well . This doesn’t negate what the clearly loonatic police officer did but surely all black lives matter not just the ones killed by white policemen .

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
ALL lives matter

All lives DO matter, but the point they, and many others are trying to make is that until Black Lives Matter, they can’t. Get it?

It's honestly feckin amazing that the same people gleefully calling Trumpy a racist in the Trump thread are the same people in here giving the All Lives Matter drivel. Unreal.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All lives DO matter, but the point they, and many others are trying to make is that until Black Lives Matter, they can’t. Get it?

It's honestly feckin amazing that the same people gleefully calling Trumpy a racist in the Trump thread are the same people in here giving the All Lives Matter drivel. Unreal.

Perhaps it is a use of language thing. Are you saying that 'Black lives matter' is drivel, or that people who don't understand the point of 'Black lives matter' are talking drivel?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that most black people's lives in America are more likely to be ended by other black people statistically.
That is incorrect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In October for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, do you spend the entire month saying that all cancer matters?

No, didn't think so. ****ing bellend.

A point I think many of us have been trying to make, albeit more politeley. Given the lack of sensible response I suspect I agree that the time for politeness is over.

I bet when asked to buy a poppy last November he didn't say 'far cough - whatabout engangered species, and the homeless?'

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is incorrect.

Are you thinking natural causes or suicide? I assume you have the data to hand.

It was a stoopid post though, albeit not really for the numerical assertion.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Perhaps it is a use of language thing. Are you saying that 'Black lives matter' is drivel, or that people who don't understand the point of 'Black lives matter' are talking drivel?

Remember when you made a whole post dedicated to saying I was on your ignore list just over a week ago and here you are responding to me a week later? Obsessed.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
People who say 'All lives matter'. What is it with you? Are you so dense that you can't work out what 'Black lives matter' means? Or are you a racist trying to diminish the BLM protests? I can't really think of many other options. It's not difficult to understand.

I posted this video on the Trump thread but I think it underlines the point that the Black lives matter movement is needed. Racist, violent maniac, lies about being beaten by two black men, on television. This is the kind of thing that gets black people killed.
Just before the George Floyd murder, another story was going around where a very polite, bird watcher (black) had asked a woman (white), who was letting her dog run around , to put it on a lead. Those were the rules in the park they were in. She called the police and said;
“I’m going to tell them there’s an African-American man threatening my life,” she said to him while dialing, then repeated to the operator, twice, “African-American.”
Again, this kind of thing gets people killed. So please don't talk about ALL lives matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TzCPx3mcNU

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Anyone who moans about BLM and says ALL lives matter is totally free to start an ALM movement if it makes them feel better - it's one hell of a big task to take on at once though. But more often than not it seems they just don't want to do anything about anything.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
People who say 'All lives matter'. What is it with you? Are you so dense that you can't work out what 'Black lives matter' means? Or are you a racist trying to diminish the BLM protests? I can't really think of many other options. It's not difficult to understand.

I posted this video on the Trump thread but I think it underlines the point that the Black lives matter movement is needed. Racist, violent maniac, lies about being beaten by two black men, on television. This is the kind of thing that gets black people killed.
Just before the George Floyd murder, another story was going around where a very polite, bird watcher (black) had asked a woman (white), who was letting her dog run around , to put it on a lead. Those were the rules in the park they were in. She called the police and said;
“I’m going to tell them there’s an African-American man threatening my life,” she said to him while dialing, then repeated to the operator, twice, “African-American.”
Again, this kind of thing gets people killed. So please don't talk about ALL lives matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TzCPx3mcNU

You can bet your bottom dollar it's the same people who ask 'well why isn't there a straight Pride?' when Pride roles around.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Anyone who moans about BLM and says ALL lives matter is totally free to start an ALM movement if it makes them feel better - it's one hell of a big task to take on at once though. But more often than not it seems they just don't want to do anything about anything.

That’s a fair point, I think the likes of the family of Harry Dunn need to pull their finger out to get their story back on the front page. Snooze you lose.

I think the earnest engagement of thousands (maybe more) of U.K. citizens into the internal social politics of a country 4000 miles away is a positive, I bet they can’t wait to consume the same nation’s tasty chicken over here in the U.K. either.

Maybe we can amend the slogan........No justice, no piece..........of chicken.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If it was one psycho copper then it would be a different story. But that’s not the case. America has a long history of police officers targeting and killing black people. It also has a huge problem with race in general. Unfortunately, it shows no sign of improving. Having a president who emboldens the far right further exacerbates the issue.

As a straight, white, middle class man, I acknowledge that I have been lucky to have never experience prejudice. I also acknowledge that I have benefited from the systemic racism within society. How do I go about rectifying it? I’m a teacher therefore I’m in a position to educate young people, not only in current affairs, but also in history. We also teach about the rights of the child. Children need to know they have the right to be respected regardless of the colour of their skin, but also have the responsibility to reciprocate that respect. Teaching children empathy is the single biggest thing I feel I can do.

Far right, far left or in the middle makes no difference. Did it stop large elements of the Labour Party from indulging in overt anti-semitism? Did it stop Paki bashing in the 70's by white British? Did it stop communist witch hunts in America in the 50's, aimed totally at the white middle class. Does your political persuasion influence Islamaphobia? The Pride movement largely arose out of persecution by all sectors of society.
The problem in the States stems from their history of ' racial segregation '...white v non-white...white implying purity...people of colour being racially sub-divided into a category of low importance. This ethos still exists. It is not racial prejudice, in its many forms, its colour prejudice. Black v White. Its the product of an under-developed society. Mentally and socially immature. In the 2000 census in the USA, two of the five self-designated races were labelled by colour. White referring to European/Middle Eastern or North African descent. Black ( African/American ) referring to African origin. The other three races have no colour definition. The UK and USA are both multi racial societies but thats where the similarity ends. We have a 1000+ year history of outward looking expansionism and integration, which eventually leads to more social tolerance. The USA has about 250 years of history, predominantly insular and a marked inability to integrate. Even a black president didn't change attitudes. The divide is burned deep into their souls and it could take a very, very long time for fundamental change.
Thats not to say that change of attitude can't be achieved. Rosa Parks, Stokely Carmichael, Malcolm X, Martin L King etc set the ball rolling. The evangelical driving force that was needed at that time to shake the country up. They did the groundwork. Others did their part later. But here we are now with a mixed up/f--ked up society. Acceptable that Black artists ( listened to by millions ) can use the ' N ' word regularly and write fairly inciteful lyrics, whilst use of that language in white society is strictly taboo. Acceptable that white supremacist organisations can flourish and meet, with no police intervention, spouting their vile infective at all who are stupid enough to listen. Its a complete and utter multi racial/ black and white mess.
This situation has invoked anger but it doesn't excuse individuals taking to the streets, doing millions of pounds worth of damage, looting and burning other people's hard earned livelihoods ( many of them black owned businesses ) reducing black policeman to tears and despair and losing sympathy in many quarters. We had it in this country in 2011. It didn't achieve anything apart from those who looted and gained extra goods for themselves. Keep educating the young. Make sure they integrate with all and gradually, the succeeding generations will turn this around.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Far right, far left or in the middle makes no difference. Did it stop large elements of the Labour Party from indulging in overt anti-semitism? Did it stop Paki bashing in the 70's by white British? Did it stop communist witch hunts in America in the 50's, aimed totally at the white middle class. Does your political persuasion influence Islamaphobia? The Pride movement largely arose out of persecution by all sectors of society.
The problem in the States stems from their history of ' racial segregation '...white v non-white...white implying purity...people of colour being racially sub-divided into a category of low importance. This ethos still exists. It is not racial prejudice, in its many forms, its colour prejudice. Black v White. Its the product of an under-developed society. Mentally and socially immature. In the 2000 census in the USA, two of the five self-designated races were labelled by colour. White referring to European/Middle Eastern or North African descent. Black ( African/American ) referring to African origin. The other three races have no colour definition. The UK and USA are both multi racial societies but thats where the similarity ends. We have a 1000+ year history of outward looking expansionism and integration, which eventually leads to more social tolerance. The USA has about 250 years of history, predominantly insular and a marked inability to integrate. Even a black president didn't change attitudes. The divide is burned deep into their souls and it could take a very, very long time for fundamental change.
Thats not to say that change of attitude can't be achieved. Rosa Parks, Stokely Carmichael, Malcolm X, Martin L King etc set the ball rolling. The evangelical driving force that was needed at that time to shake the country up. They did the groundwork. Others did their part later. But here we are now with a mixed up/f--ked up society. Acceptable that Black artists ( listened to by millions ) can use the ' N ' word regularly and write fairly inciteful lyrics, whilst use of that language in white society is strictly taboo. Acceptable that white supremacist organisations can flourish and meet, with no police intervention, spouting their vile infective at all who are stupid enough to listen. Its a complete and utter multi racial/ black and white mess.
This situation has invoked anger but it doesn't excuse individuals taking to the streets, doing millions of pounds worth of damage, looting and burning other people's hard earned livelihoods ( many of them black owned businesses ) reducing black policeman to tears and despair and losing sympathy in many quarters. We had it in this country in 2011. It didn't achieve anything apart from those who looted and gained extra goods for themselves. Keep educating the young. Make sure they integrate with all and gradually, the succeeding generations will turn this around.

Good post.

Will probably fall into the tldr category for some though.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This latest incident is horrendous and one of the most telling quotes in all this from Martin Luther King's oldest son, who states nothing has changed since his father was gunned down 52 years ago.

I did listen to Lara Woods on Talk Sport Breakfast the other day, and she was going on about 'White Privileged' and the phrase meaning that as white people the world over we've never been discriminated against because of the colour of our skin.

I'm not sure the former white farmers in Rhodesia would agree with that?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This latest incident is horrendous and one of the most telling quotes in all this from Martin Luther King's oldest son, who states nothing has changed since his father was gunned down 52 years ago.

I did listen to Lara Woods on Talk Sport Breakfast the other day, and she was going on about 'White Privileged' and the phrase meaning that as white people the world over we've never been discriminated against because of the colour of our skin.

I'm not sure the former white farmers in Rhodesia would agree with that?

To be fair that was a bit of an anomaly in the last 500-odd years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here