Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Friday Massacre

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I'm not trying to be smart mate, just offering up a comparison. Agree with it or don't agree with it but at least understand it before you go into some childish, petty quarrell

Just cos a few on here happen to side with you, hardly makes you an expert. I have stated nothing false. Look it up yourself. I am merely drawing a few conclusions. It is merely an opinion on FACTS, please don't let it ruin your day in any way.

Yes you have, the thread is entitled, "Black Friday maasacre" but that is false as it was actually called the sandy creek massacre but you somehow tried to align it to a sale, not only that you also posted about it in the actual Black Friday thread. You are right I am not an expert but I know the difference

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Now you are just waffling to try and maintain some form of dignity.
I suggest you do not ever go into British history or any history for that matter, anyway as you were. Brilliant thread and a point well made :facepalm:

Young nibble is a thespian and his chosen careen is to pretend to be other people. By the nature of his profession, he has a lot of free time. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with that, however having so much time means you can think long and hard about issues that to 99.999999999% of the rest of us doesn't concern us! or even care about.

Going back to the argument, he has linked an event in history, rather tenuously to a modern marketing campaign to get more people into a shop. To be perfectly blunt, massacres have happened all over history, I was reading about Jews that were locked in a church in York in the 12th century and massacred . 150 of them, the whole Jewish population of York and there is a theory that it happened in December. Maybe on the 25 th.

Nibble Shall we all abandon Christmas and call it massacred Jews day instead?

The problem is you can see these all through history and to pick on this particular episode is a bit daft really

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I thought this thread was referring to the madness at ASDA stores this morning. Carry on.

If we werent allowed to have a celebration or buy anything on ANY day where there has been a massacre in the world - then no one would buy or celebrate a thing.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Young nibble is a thespian and his chosen careen is to pretend to be other people. By the nature of his profession, he has a lot of free time. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with that, however having so much time means you can think long and hard about issues that to 99.999999999% of the rest of us doesn't concern us! or even care about.

Going back to the argument, he has linked an event in history, rather tenuously to a modern marketing campaign to get more people into a shop. To be perfectly blunt, massacres have happened all over history, I was reading about Jews that were locked in a church in York in the 12th century and massacred . 150 of them, the whole Jewish population of York and there is a theory that it happened in December. Maybe on the 25 th.

The problem is you can see these all through history and to pick on this particular episode is a bit daft really

Exactly. This all started because I pointed out to someone that this was the case when they actually believed that is where the term black Friday comes from and then he came back with the "you are Palace" crap so you would not understand. As I have said he must not celebrate Christmas or anyone's birthdays.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes you have, the thread is entitled, "Black Friday maasacre" but that is false as it was actually called the sandy creek massacre but you somehow tried to align it to a sale, not only that you also posted about it in the actual Black Friday thread. You are right I am not an expert but I know the difference

Oh dear Lord! I was tying the two together and explained why. If you're too dense to understand it the I can do no more.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Missed. Point. totally.

This was born more out of a discussion on The World Service last night and a mention on R4 this morning. I found it interesting. You don't. I suggest you find a thread that does interest you.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Missed. Point. totally.

This was born more out of a discussion on The World Service last night and a mention on R4 this morning. I found it interesting. You don't. I suggest you find a thread that does interest you.

:dunce: :facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Missed. Point. totally.

Patronising ****

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Patronising ****

"Young nibble is a thespian and his chosen careen is to pretend to be other people. By the nature of his profession, he has a lot of free time. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with that, however having so much time means you can think long and hard about issues that to 99.999999999% of the rest of us doesn't concern us! or even care about"

Hmm.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Sand Creek Massacre: Stan Hoig: 9780806111476: Amazon ...

www.amazon.com › ... › Americas › United States › 19th Century‎

The Sand Creek Massacre [Stan Hoig] on Amazon.com. ... Black Friday Deals Week .... This item: The Sand Creek Massacre by Stan Hoig Paperback $14.86

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"Young nibble is a thespian and his chosen careen is to pretend to be other people. By the nature of his profession, he has a lot of free time. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with that, however having so much time means you can think long and hard about issues that to 99.999999999% of the rest of us doesn't concern us! or even care about"

Hmm.

Is there anything in there that is not a fact?

Are you a thespian?
Do thespians spend their time pretending to be other people?

That is not patronising..I was explaining to our eagles colleague your stats...was I wrong?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Are you a thespian?

That is not patronising..I was explaining to our eagles colleague your stats...was I wrong?

If you are going to insult people at the very least have the stones to back yourself up.

Anyway, I thought the dates coinciding this year, the Black friday retail thing and the history of it was interesting. I didn't call for any celebration to be banned or for a minute's silence, just expressing something I found interesting. Please, go about your day.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Are you a thespian?

To be fair, you are coming across a lot more patronising than Nibble. Why do you need to mention Nibbles profession without mentioning your own?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
why the f#@k do we get this Black Friday bullshit but not the Thankgiving feast?
I would have planned to boycott it but thanks to the energy suppliers' greed I have no money spare to stuff into retailers' pockets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here