Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Friday is here shortly! What are you looking for?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
How does Black Friday work?
Do they lower the price on an unlimited quantity or just a limited number.
I want a particular telly, so if they reduce the price of this model does this that mean i can go in or order online any time on the day to purchase, or do i have to be the first of 10 etc then it reverts back to normal price?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
How does Black Friday work?
Do they lower the price on an unlimited quantity or just a limited number.
I want a particular telly, so if they reduce the price of this model does this that mean i can go in or order online any time on the day to purchase, or do i have to be the first of 10 etc then it reverts back to normal price?

I don't know about anywhere else but on Amazon (which has been doing this for a couple of years now) they have a time limited (normally 2 hour window) & quantity limited offer as a lightning deal.

If all the stock for the deal is put into shoppers online basket, they have a wait list which means you will get 5 minutes to put it into your basket if one becomes available (if someone who had already selected it decided not to buy or was timed out as they get 15 minutes to complete the transaction)

If you manage to get something you really actually want rather than falling for the gimmick of what appears to be a good deal (but may not be) it can be a good thing, however i tend to use a site called camelcamelcamel.com (for Amazon) first to check to see if the offer is actually better than they normally price it as at any other time of the year

Some places do a deal which lasts the day or until all the stock goes (Asda and the scramble for TVs, etc) and it wouldn't surprise me if they only had a couple of these lead items in stock to start with, and then try to convince people that the rest of the tat is a good deal because it has a big percentage price cut (ignoring it is usually sold for around that price anyway the rest of the year / other promotional offer periods like the Boxing day sales, summer sales, etc)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Something that I actually want might be nice. The few times I've looked online at the 'great deals' it's just been a jumble of random odds and ends that they need rid of.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Oh God - is it tomorrow?

Trash fighting each other for trash.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
comical stupidity on show already. Game are doing deals, paying for advertising on prime time TV... but web site wont work past the promotion page. that was planned well then.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Don't forget to share your online bargains here at midnight onwards!

If you see any juicy uploads of Black Friday fights to You Tube, let's see them too so we can all laugh at the stupidity of American pond-life...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
comical stupidity on show already. Game are doing deals, paying for advertising on prime time TV... but web site wont work past the promotion page. that was planned well then.

Their deals are not all that anyway. Basically looking at £10/£15 off Xbox/PS4 consoles with a couple of games. Will definitely be cheaper post Crimbo. The headline cheap deals are with rubbish games too.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
was quite refreshing to pop into my local tesco to see sign up that they were not participating tomorrow...but named the one store that was in travel distance..

Holmbush (24 hour store) closes at midnight tonight, and reopens at 5am. I will be asleep, but look forward to the horror stories.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Nothing but red meat & fodder for the moronic masses who *think* they will be getting a bargain. When I watch the news later today, I expect to see the usual mass scrum bitch fights and tug of wars over a widescreen telly from a Wal Mart in some mid west town most have never heard of.....or a Tesco extra somewhere in the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here