Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bizarrely flat evening

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I thought it was a decent match to be honest. Sure we didn't really put our usual stamp on proceedings but everybody seemed to put in a shift. Villa had their game-plan that largely nullified us and that was by far the most disappointing thing. Apart from a soft goal Villa didn't really threaten for the first hour and for 10 minutes in the second half I thought we'd got our act together and were going on to take all the points. Bringing Grealish on changed all that. He is a class act when he plays like that...his first through ball was top draw and we were lucky not to concede. Happily Villa will now hopefully go on to be thorn in the sides of those teams challenging at the top. That is the good thing I take from tonight

Sums everything up perfectly for me.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I felt a bit flat....tired from working not getting a drink before the game and having to wait for 40mins for a train to the game didn't help

That's it for me. At the end of the week, what I don't need is the stress of working out if I'll make it to the ground or not and no time for drinks/food before hand. It all feels too rushed.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That's it for me. At the end of the week, what I don't need is the stress of working out if I'll make it to the ground or not and no time for drinks/food before hand. It all feels too rushed.

I am sure that this is part of the reason why the atmosphere was so flat to start with. I sensed something was wrong in ESU, when the queues for food were so short at 7.25, and I recall others near me commenting on it as well. When the players came out, there were loads of empty seats. More time on Saturday, and if the club get the fanzone on, then the atmosphere must be better. Hope so. The team can also play their part, of course!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We may look back and think it was good result and one point was a good result as some of the results went well for us today.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We may look back and think it was good result and one point was a good result as some of the results went well for us today.

Agreed, it was a good point against the best away team we have seen at Falmer this season. I enjoyed the game despite it not being the usual (recently !) domination by the Albion. Villa were the better side on the night but we could have won it toward the
end with that Jamie Murphy shot. The game certainly wasn't boring as someone mentioned. At times it was end to end with both sides looking to play on the break. The difference between the teams seemed to be Villa's greater success in closing down when without the ball and our hesitancy to pick an incisive pass when crossing the halfway line.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed, it was a good point against the best away team we have seen at Falmer this season. I enjoyed the game despite it not being the usual (recently !) domination by the Albion. Villa were the better side on the night but we could have won it toward the
end with that Jamie Murphy shot. The game certainly wasn't boring as someone mentioned. At times it was end to end with both sides looking to play on the break. The difference between the teams seemed to be Villa's greater success in closing down when without the ball and our hesitancy to pick an incisive pass when crossing the halfway line.

Definitely wasn't boring. We can't expect to dominate every week, last night was a good test and happy to take a point off a good, well drilled team without us playing anywhere near our best. We'd have easily lost that last season. We were also due a less than great performance. Results today makes the result look a little bit better too.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As usual very much enjoyed game. Atmosphere good where we are. It was good championship game. Why they looked better in parts of game is how quick they closed us down. However dont get carried away by 6/7 corners they had in quick succesion. All credit to our defence to restricting them to just dead ball chances.

theboybilly

As usual very much enjoyed game. Atmosphere good where we are. It was good championship game. Why they looked better in parts of game is how quick they closed us down. However dont get carried away by 6/7 corners they had in quick succesion. All credit to our defence to restricting them to just dead ball chances.
One of those corners (the 3rd I think) was the one that Stockdale didnt get a touch on so it should have been a goal kick anyway. Those corners make it look worse than it should have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here