Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bit of a rant

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So I'm sitting in my normal seat in the West Upper, as i always do, and as soon as Vicente scored his goal yesterday, People around me are getting up and leaving.

Now im sorry, but if missing 10 minutes of a football match just so you can get home that little bit earlier is more important than the game, then by all means leave.

That's nice of you.

It shouldn't make any difference to my life that you are willing to give up 1/9 of the game just so you can get in the queue for the bus.

But it obviously does because you've started a thread moaning about it.

And it didn't just happen against Hull either, It happened at Arsenal, It happened at Newcastle, It happened at Liverpool last season; Practically every single game ive been to over the past 6 years.

So why are you bringing it up now?

Your opinion? :annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

I wouldn't let it worry you, to be honest. You've already highlighted that it is standard practice, and probably always will be. We left on 88 mins yesterday to get a lift home, rather than spend an hour on a bus. We normally leave at the final whistle, but yesterday we didn't. So what?

In the past I admit that I've questioned why people leave early, but appreciate there could be all manner of reasons (some of which have been highlighted already).

What is your specific problem, because I'm afraid I'm struggling to get your point. :shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Surely it's good that people leave in the last ten minutes as that makes the queues that little bit less for when us full timers exit.

The OP should be thanking the JLEs, IMHO.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
I went to one game and left just before the match kicked off so I could be the first one home.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
So I'm sitting in my normal seat in the West Upper, as i always do, and as soon as Vicente scored his goal yesterday, People around me are getting up and leaving.

Now im sorry, but if missing 10 minutes of a football match just so you can get home that little bit earlier is more important than the game, then by all means leave. It shouldn't make any difference to my life that you are willing to give up 1/9 of the game just so you can get in the queue for the bus. And it didn't just happen against Hull either, It happened at Arsenal, It happened at Newcastle, It happened at Liverpool last season; Practically every single game ive been to over the past 6 years.

I went to the Withdean and I got there through park and ride. On many occasions, I had to stand there in the cold and the wet for 10 to 20 minutes while waiting to go to Mill Road. That's life. Next time you go to a Brighton game, Home or away, You look for these people, and you will find thousands. It doesn't how gripping the game is or if someone's died on the pitch, It just doesn't seem to matter to them. Makes me so frustrated.

:facepalm:

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Yawn!!

Now im sorry, but if missing 10 minutes of a football match just so you can get home that little bit earlier is more important than the game, then by all means leave. It shouldn't make any difference to my life that you are willing to give up 1/9 of the game just so you can get in the queue for the bus. And it didn't just happen against Hull either, It happened at Arsenal, It happened at Newcastle, It happened at Liverpool last season; Practically every single game ive been to over the past 6 years.

I went to the Withdean and I got there through park and ride. On many occasions, I had to stand there in the cold and the wet for 10 to 20 minutes while waiting to go to Mill Road. That's life. Next time you go to a Brighton game, Home or away, You look for these people, and you will find thousands. It doesn't how gripping the game is or if someone's died on the pitch, It just doesn't seem to matter to them. Makes me so frustrated.

You've said it yourself!! "It shouldn't make any difference to my life" ....so why are you worrying yourself about it??!! We sometimes leave 4-5 minutes early...and guess what?...we really don't give a monkey's what anyone thinks of that!! We've paid for our seats same as you have and if we wanna leave a tad before the end than so what?! :yawn:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
You've said it yourself!! "It shouldn't make any difference to my life" ....so why are you worrying yourself about it??!! We sometimes leave 4-5 minutes early...and guess what?...we really don't give a monkey's what anyone thinks of that!! We've paid for our seats same as you have and if we wanna leave a tad before the end than so what?! :yawn:

Well said, if I can I stay to the end
although it is not always possible. The good thing is I do not disturb anyone as I am on the end.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This is a forum, and I'm allowed to voice my opinion, same as you. You've got my opinion and if you think its bullshit then you probably don't need to bother replying.

But you asked for our opinion.
If you only wanted the opinions of people that agree with you, you should have said.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26

Get over it,it's not up to you what other people do,I'd suggest you worry about your own life,much easier way to live.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
This is a forum, and I'm allowed to voice my opinion, same as you. You've got my opinion and if you think its bullshit then you probably don't need to bother replying.

It's a forum, therefore you're allowed to voice your opinion. But if we think your opinion is bullshit, we're not supposed to reply? How does that work? Would you rather that NSC was just solely a forum of people agreeing with each other?

I'll happily admit leaving early at the Arsenal game, after they scored their final goal. As I was heading home (Luton) and facing a train journey from Falmer to Brighton with a few thousand Arsenal fans, and then competing for the rail replacement buses from Brighton to Three Bridges - I decided to skip out a bit early and get on the first train out. Made the difference between getting home at 8pm rather than about 10pm. I hope that's OK with you?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I agree.. and the same goes for the many who miss the last 5 mins of the first half (and the first 5 mins of the second) just so that they can get a pie, or a pint... FFS! Did you come to watch a match, or did you come for the culinary experience?

People cannot! CANNOT! Watch football without drinking beer and eating pies and it's sheer bloody ignorance on your part to suggest anything otherwise. Have you ever seen people at football who haven't had a pie or some alcohol? Well have you? They're bloody miserable, get nothing out of the experience and frankly may just have well stayed at home. It's like suggesting painting the bathroom walls without using paint, or driving to work without using a car. Sheer bloody lunacy.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I went to the withdean. Does that mean I'm allowed to leave early or not I'm confused? I stay till the end to watch the football not so I can tell everyone how good a fan I am btw...

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Funny but I went to the Goldstone from 1965 till closure. Rarely if ever did I have a drink or food. Certainly never in the middle of the North Stand. Only pansies did that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The proble is basically all seater stadiums.....when it was standing, you didn't mind people pushing past you as it was just like the movement of the stand anyway....now we are all sat, people leaving early have to push past, getting you to move and disruption the play.

On Saturday, we we attacking, some knob pushing his way along the row, actually stopped right in front of me so he could see...I told him to shove off and he became abusive....and yes we did have words.

That is the problem.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

:ffsparr: :lolol: :bigwave:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I agree.. and the same goes for the many who miss the last 5 mins of the first half (and the first 5 mins of the second) just so that they can get a pie, or a pint... FFS! Did you come to watch a match, or did you come for the culinary experience?

I go for the whole matchday experience and day out. That includes having some beers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here