Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma, will he stay or will he go?

Bissouma, will he stay or will he go?

• Total voters

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
A number of players are going to be in demand over the summer. It is now down to Bloom to show the ambition to keep them.

Now - the players themselves may want to leave, particularly if it is a big club or a major hike in salary. There is nothing can be done about the first - and the second is again down to Bloom and whether he will change the wage structure like he did for Lallana.

If players do leave then finding replacements will be the most difficult part - not counting that the club will need to spend £60/70million just to stand still in the PL. So - if Bissouma, White and maybe Lamptey leave, then the club need to be looking to spend up to £150million on replacements and strengthening the squad. iI that doesn't happen then next season could be a struggle.

I don’t see Lamptey going anywhere until the summer of 23. I do see White and Bissouma going though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There is no doubt that Covid will hit club finances and it seems clear that the average paid for a player will come down. But individual player prices can do anything. It's like house prices when people say average prices have come down by 10%. It didn't mean all houses sold for 10% less. Individual houses (or players) can still sell for eye watering prices if the market decides, generally by more than one person wanting it (him). I wouldn't be surprised if we are pumping up the competition for Biss for this very purpose. I'm sure he is off. He's grown and thrived here. Big bucks deal will suit us in the short and longer term (not just income).

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Be under no illusions, he is off in the summer and I wish him the best.

The model and sustainability of us pushing on requires this.

I really hope ends up overseas and suspect PSG would be interested.

If we carry on with player development as we have we will progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is going and it is very naive to think he isnt.

A number of players are going to be in demand over the summer. It is now down to Bloom to show the ambition to keep them.

Now - the players themselves may want to leave, particularly if it is a big club or a major hike in salary. There is nothing can be done about the first - and the second is again down to Bloom and whether he will change the wage structure like he did for Lallana.

If players do leave then finding replacements will be the most difficult part - not counting that the club will need to spend £60/70million just to stand still in the PL. So - if Bissouma, White and maybe Lamptey leave, then the club need to be looking to spend up to £150million on replacements and strengthening the squad. iI that doesn't happen then next season could be a struggle.

The club wont be buying players for £150m, but on the plus side the whole "need to spend £60/70m just to stand still" is also a bunch of horsey.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think he will go in the summer. Of course we would love to keep him and maybe our only chance is his valuation will not be met and we have another year to improve him. I thought he was immense yesterday, he is a VERY good player and could walk straight into an Arsenal or Spurs team. I think he will go to either Liverpool or a club abroad who could meet our valuation.
I always remember how well he played in our 3-1 win over Palace in the second half, down to ten men and up against a flurry of Palace attacks, he was immense that day and he has improved since then.......his mistakes, losing the ball in dangerous areas have almost been eliminated. Perhaps he needs to improve his goal tally but we have a world class player on our payroll and i think he will move on to great things, i just have a feeling suitors like what they see already and will want to be in the front of the queue to gain his signature. Great player.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m fence edging towards him being off but all still amazed at the posters on here who are telling everyone else that he’s def off - really oddly convinced when they don’t have a clue & we know very little! A club that’s not sold a player player since losing Ulloa. Just odd.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Be under no illusions, he is off in the summer and I wish him the

As per my other post, to suggest it would be an illusion to keep one of our under contracted players is bizarre talk for me!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Abraham is a target (and he should be) then it would be a straight up exchange or Brighton would have to add a cash sweetener.

The media consistently quote a figure of £40m for Abraham and imho he’ll demand big wages of £100k pw plus at his next club.

The Albion make significant accounts losses already, TB wisely won’t join Villa and Everton in sponsoring £100m+ of financial doping every single season.

Imho Abraham will join either Villa, Everton, Arsenal or West Ham.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'd like to think he would stay , but I remember Potter saying enjoy him whilst we can and that's stuck with me a bit .

I've no doubt he'd have been off if we had been relegated but there's a slither of hope left in me that thinks he may well stay for one more season .

Exceptional talent and if he could shoot straight you would have to pay over 50 million to secure his services .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I’m fence edging towards him being off but all still amazed at the posters on here who are telling everyone else that he’s def off - really oddly convinced when they don’t have a clue & we know very little! A club that’s not sold a player player since losing Ulloa. Just odd.

Difference being Bissouma has allegedly caught the eye of several big clubs here & abroad. The same with White. It all depends on if these clubs can meet our (Uncle Tone's) valuation and we know we can play hardball. There is probably a few clubs who may meet our valuation and it will be big numbers because Bissouma is a very good player.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
We already have his replacement......Mo, who may turn out to be better than Biss......imagine that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Difference being Bissouma has allegedly caught the eye of several big clubs here & abroad. The same with White. It all depends on if these clubs can meet our (Uncle Tone's) valuation and we know we can play hardball. There is probably a few clubs who may meet our valuation and it will be big numbers because Bissouma is a very good player.

Yes there last been press rumours and I expect he’ll be off but also doesn’t mean anyone can say it with such certainty. We’ve had the same with Dunky dozens of times before and he’s still here, banging the chest passes in ;)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yes there last been press rumours and I expect he’ll be off but also doesn’t mean anyone can say it with such certainty. We’ve had the same with Dunky dozens of times before and he’s still here, banging the chest passes in ;)

True, it’s not certain. But whilst he hasn’t renewed his contract and given the interest and quotes from all parties combined with the signing of Moises it’s not a huge leap.

Ultimately it comes down to the player. If Biss wants to stay he’ll renew his contract.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Biss will be off but I am worried, for the following reasons:

1. Some talk of Caicedo as the heir apparent, but the lad is only 19 and barely making the matchday squad. That's some leap in less than 4 months.
2. Leeds' Bissouma is Calvin Phillips, and the drop off in points when he doesn't play is astounding (6 points out of possible 27).
3. Alternative Moder - bought as a CM by trade - has hardly featured there for us, but Gross, Lallana and White have all played alongside Biss.
4. The bulk of the Biss funds will surely have to go on 1/ 2 forwards or a LWB.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
As money is not quite so available this year for transfers here's one to ponder. What about we sell him to one of the big boys this summer but with one of the following clauses a loan or player swap the other way or he stays till Jan on loan with us.

I know people will jump on me with but blah blah blah but I believe transfers are going to be creative this year as there is not the usual obscene amount to spend.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Since we all love a swap deal (which never ever happen) if we let Biss go to Arse I’d like to see a swap deal for Maitland-Niles AND Nketiah. I think that’s a fair deal. Would certainly suit us if Biss was keen on moving on.

Realistically though, I’m interested in whether the club would be willing to part with both Biss and Ben White. One moving on would be understandable but both would make me worried. Especially when White has done so well when moved into midfield to be a ball winner there.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Surely he’ll have been waiting until we’ve retained our PL status.

The club have done an excellent job of tying great players to long contracts. Dunk seems to get one every year, Lamptey signed an extension in the past year. As Bissouma has been key for us this season, I'd be amazed if we haven't at the very least shoved an improved contract under his nose with the caveat he can leave for x million if we go down. With 2 years left, the season he's had as well as the poor seasons of 3 of the top 6 I can't see him being here next year. I hope I'm wrong.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Has everyone forgotten we took out a loan a few months ago for 50 million? I think secured against TV revenue, so if we want to sign anyone we are going to make a few sales.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
As per my other post, to suggest it would be an illusion to keep one of our under contracted players is bizarre talk for me!

There’s merit both sides of the is but financial longevity is more prevalent with us recent accounts.

I believe there was an interview with Biss recently where he was non dismissive about leaving but equally respectful.

I wouldn’t be surprised after wolves to see Moder starting in the middle to protect Bissouma not getting injured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think he’ll go for the simple reason that he deserves to be playing at the very top level. Just hope it’s PSG/Liverpool level and not Arsenal or Spuds. Best player we’ve ever had imho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here