Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma, will he stay or will he go?

Bissouma, will he stay or will he go?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The BBC website gossip section says the Star reckon they can get him for £30m. Wishful thinking.

Despite the pandemic and lack of income, I don’t think we are in a need to sell position.
I was just reading about that fee. Probably just an opening salvo with the expectation of paying £40m. Not as much as we'd have got pre Covid I'm sure, but high enough that the player could rightly feel the cub should accept for him to further his career considering we only paid £15m for him.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’m sure the club have a plan in place.

They’ll have an evaluation in mind, and an idea for who will replace him in a post-Biss Brighton team.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I’m going to speculate he’s off as a number of the established ‘top’ sides would be improved with him in their side.
There could be a bidding war for him, which would be great for us.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
As potter has said make the most of him while he’s here. Or to that effect.

He’s a gonna and he deserves it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think he probably will go this summer. Will be a very sad day when he does go, we are going to miss him massively, he is an outstanding player.

Deserves to play at the very highest level though so definitely won’t begrudge him the move. We should and will hold out for the maximum price, none of this £30 million tallk, he’s a minimum £50 million player. And not to a crappy club like Arsenal either, he is a City, PSG, Bayern, Chelsea level player.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As someone who is usually very much of a pessimistic persuasion I’m surprisingly optimistic regarding Bissouma, I also have a sneaky feeling that Ben White will still be here next season too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sadly, he’ll go.

Several clubs with far more money than us, need CM upgrades or their stalwarts now get frequent injuries.

Bissouma’s EPL proven, so it’s a no brainer for them.

I have faith in TB/PB extracting a huge fee. The effect of the pandemic won’t stop several clubs spending big this summer.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
The BBC website gossip section says the Star reckon they can get him for £30m. Wishful thinking.

Despite the pandemic and lack of income, I don’t think we are in a need to sell position.

Reckon he’s off. It’s the model we’ve been building towards and we both need to lose less money and get a striker in.

Don’t think we’ll sell him to the Star though.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Surely

I think he has 2 years left on his current deal at the end of the season. He goes if he won't sign a new one and I can't believe we haven't been trying to get him to put pen to paper. Odds on, he goes.

Surely he’ll have been waiting until we’ve retained our PL status.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'd like to think he'd stay but I doubt it, if he does go it will be because the club have a plan to replace him.

I'd prefer he went abroad as well as I'm not sure I could watch him boss the midfield against us twice a season.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
We'd all love him to stay, but it looks unlikely. Swap deal with Liverpool with Origi + cash or less likely Chelsea with Abraham + cash, perhaps?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As to the question of the thread. He’s definitely gone.

I believe he has a deal with the club to “listen to offers” at the end of the season. Naturally it’s in everyone’s interest to complete the season first and then we will deal with everyone’s contract situation. There’s a number of players for which decisions have to be made.

There’s been noises from all parties, including Biss himself, for some time that suggest he’s off. I think we all accept it’s right to not stand in his way, it’s actually a good sign and healthy to start the conveyor belt process which will in turn make us a very attractive prospect to young talent.

The more clubs interested = the better. That’s what we want. Tony and the club are perfectly poised to get a great deal for us.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
A number of players are going to be in demand over the summer. It is now down to Bloom to show the ambition to keep them.

Now - the players themselves may want to leave, particularly if it is a big club or a major hike in salary. There is nothing can be done about the first - and the second is again down to Bloom and whether he will change the wage structure like he did for Lallana.

If players do leave then finding replacements will be the most difficult part - not counting that the club will need to spend £60/70million just to stand still in the PL. So - if Bissouma, White and maybe Lamptey leave, then the club need to be looking to spend up to £150million on replacements and strengthening the squad. iI that doesn't happen then next season could be a struggle.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
We'd all love him to stay, but it looks unlikely. Swap deal with Liverpool with Origi + cash or less likely Chelsea with Abraham + cash, perhaps?

If Abraham is a target (and he should be) then it would be a straight up exchange or Brighton would have to add a cash sweetener.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here