Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bissouma to Real Madrid

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
At some point we have to signal to talented young players that you can come to Brighton, make a name for yourself, and then make the big money move of your dreams.
At this point in our development as a PL club it's the way of Southampton, Leicester, Dortmund.

I sometimes wonder if the Nunez negotiations didn't work out because we are not a selling club, and at that time we were firmly holding on to Ben White no matter what (which was the right decision).
The player and his agent needed a stepping stone. Maybe Benfica was always it. Time will tell. But holy sh1t have you seen his goals/finishing?

I'd hope the players that shine here want to pay their dues before they move on (ideally we get another season out of Lamptey).
Bissouma has been around for what, 2 1/2 years? It will be a massive shame to lose him, but I could see him going in the summer (Jan would be madness).

If we can create an environment that's seen as developing and marketing the best young talent, we should be able to attract the best young talent. And so it goes on until the club gets a better footing in the Premier League and players want to stay and help (dare I say) win things.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Really ? Seriously ? I mean honesty ?

He’s good, even very good but come on ?

Yes he’s comfortably good enough for Real.

Bissouma has been under rated by Brighton fans who didn’t appreciate what a talent we had on our hands since day one. I remember having debates with people on here who thought Stephens should start ahead of him! [emoji23][emoji2357]

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
The only thing I don't get is the comparisons to Pogba.

I see him more like Viera tbh. He wins the ball back and it quite literally sticks to his feet. He's so athletic and does stuff that looks impossible.

But I'm not seeing the forward vision / long passing that is part of Pogba's game.

I see them as different players. Both equally important but with differing skillsets / roles within the overall team.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yes he’s comfortably good enough for Real.

Bissouma has been under rated by Brighton fans who didn’t appreciate what a talent we had on our hands since day one. I remember having debates with people on here who thought Stephens should start ahead of him! [emoji23][emoji2357]
I agree he has fantastic potential. Yves Bissouma always has looked good since he arrived. His biggest fault when he arrived was losing the ball just outside our penalty area......regularly. He has almost eradicated this fault and his talent has alerted the 'big' clubs. I am not sure Real Madrid would take a punt on him though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He has been playing consistently at 7.5-8 out of 10 this season. Such a huge jump up in standard from first half of last season. Hard to get off the ball, doesn't dive in any more, seems to turn into space every time, goes direct when he wants to. Just fabulous to watch and I wouldn't be surprised if all the big clubs are circling (and that he will go). But I'd be staggered if he went in the Jan window.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He has improved and matured a lot but he is still at the raw potential stage, when we are talking higher level.
He can’t, for example, win you a game on his own. One day, he will have that in his locker.
Another 18 months at Brighton would be sensible for all concerned.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is exciting news. If all goes well for Yves, he'll be able to play with Joniesta, who I believe has been a Real Madrid player for some years now (or am I confusing them with Barcelona? It's definitely one of them).

I hope you meant this as a warning, more than just a reason to rip the piss out of those deluded fools from up the road ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think Beeney to the mighty Leeds was seen as a club saving transfer at the time.

Indeed. But not quite what was meant. Top flight transfer for megabucks, not £250K to keep the receiver happy :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An incredibly quick progression by BASSouma. Just 15 months ago he was an energetic loose cannon, taking pot shots into row Z, never passing to team mates in over ambitious dribbles.

Now bossing EPL midfield contests, he’s everywhere .... in a positive way.

£60m and not a penny less.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just rumours. But its going to be a club of that size. Liverpool, Real, Bayern, PSG, Juventus etc.

presumably, sell him now, to the highest bidder, and rent him back till the end of the season ends; assuming it does, at some point

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I could see a deal being done with a loan back to end of the season. If it means we could finally get a decent striker then whilst I wouldn’t like to see him go, that may be the best we could hope for if there is genuine interest (and it does seem to be gaining momentum this one).

it's only down to him :)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think he's a year off being ready to start for a huge club and would shirley cost them too much as a back-up. I expect the most scary propersition is the likes of Everton or Leicester deciding he's the player to spunk a wedge on when they've sold some young English player for triple some kid's value.

Manager's favourite type of player at Spurs in the Summer though I could imagine happening if not for their tight owner. Parrot to us on loan for a year as part of the deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here