Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Despite the range of figures being quoted in the press, I'm still expecting this to be announced as 'undisclosed fee', and the figure quoted as 'thought to be in the region of' will depend on who is quoting - spus friendly press (their local and lets be honest, most of the national press would side with them) will go with a lower figure their spurs sources give as a better deal for them, argus and naylor will claim higher from their albion related sources as it looks a better deal for us. One will be the lowest possibly paid, one will be the highest possible paid, the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Sky sports now saying with the performance related add ons it’s £35m

Can’t grumble too much at that I feel.

£25m + £10m in add ons is not normal.
I'm wondering if it has something to do with his 'night out'. Low initial fee to reduce the risk for Spurs and big add on if he reaches say 50 matches which he wouldn't if things end up pear shaped.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I cannot fathom out why so may on here want to know/ seem to know / have to know how much we sell players for.
Not one of us know what a player is actually worth, I find it amazing that a plumber or a civil servant or a bus driver knows how much a Premier League footballer is worth, I suppose its cos I don't play football manager.
Tony Bloom ad Graham Potter know what he is worth, and IMHO, TB wont sell him for less than he wants,
If as Sky Sports say its worth £35 million with add ons, then that was TBs valuation.
He doesn't get much wrong, he certainly hasnt so far.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When it comes to buying players from other clubs that wouldn't necessarily do our negotiating position any favours. I'm sure it is the club's interest to ensure lower figures are quoted wherever possible.

Usually maybe. But if you get really good money or pay really good money, you might want to show off that you're good at demanding good fees or that you're investing a lot. When BW was sold last year no numbers were mentioned on the official site but they did write that it was a record transfer fee. Nowt wrong with a bit of bragging.

If it is indeed £25m I wouldnt be surprised if Spurs "accidently" leaked it since it makes Levy look pretty clever.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If they want to shape the midfield in a similar manner, that is. If you want to play two or three box-to-box midfielders you might not need a Bissouma type player, compared to if you want to play Lallana and you need someone with more mobility and strength to compensate for him being mainly attack-minded.

I wouldn't be surprised if no one is brought in to replace him.
Yep. We’ve been very impressive when we’ve played a higher midfield. Obviously it comes with its risks, but we have players with great engines. I still think If the right player is available we’ll go for them but it’s certainly nowhere near as urgent as a replacement for Cucu if he leaves.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
£25m + £10m in add ons is not normal.
I'm wondering if it has something to do with his 'night out'. Low initial fee to reduce the risk for Spurs and big add on if he reaches say 50 matches which he wouldn't if things end up pear shaped.

Why would we agree to something to reduce the risk to Spurs? It’s not as if we are desperate to sell.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Still at least it gives Spurs fans two songs to sing now in 90 minutes

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/have-we-signed-yves-bissouma-yet.45403/page-25
Screenshot_20220616-174809_Chrome.jpg

More fun reading this Spuds forum :lolol:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Most of the reports I’ve read seem to have caught up with the idea that it’s a total package of £35m now. Sorry to see Biss go but we’re well prepared for it, he deservedly gets to play some champions league football, & £35m for a player with 1 year remaining on his contract is pretty decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here