Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It feel like he has gone far too cheaply and why Rottenham? Bit embarressing going there. I wonder if Rottenham uded his alleged nightclub incident to grab a bargain? How can that money possibly buy a replacement. Will the season start with more (value, quality) out than coming in?

With 12 months left on his deal, to get a figure of £30m (pretty much doubling our money on him) is a fantastic deal, IMO. Why is it embarrassing going to a club who will be playing the CL next season, have a world-class manager and quite an exciting squad. As far as the squad situation without him for us, we've got Caicedo steadily developing into a player who will probably have a higher ceiling than Bissouma. We've got Alzate to further develop and give more game time to. Mwepu will likely be even better with a) hopefully less injuries and b) a year's worth of PL experience under his belt.

Additionally, you've also got to look at the recent record of the recruitment ream in bringing in players such as Cucurella for less than £20m. If they replicate that bit of business for a player in Bissouma's position, the money raised could quite conceivably buy a replacement - with some change.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
With 12 months left on his deal, to get a figure of £30m (pretty much doubling our money on him) is a fantastic deal, IMO. Why is it embarrassing going to a club who will be playing the CL next season, have a world-class manager and quite an exciting squad. As far as the squad situation without him for us, we've got Caicedo steadily developing into a player who will probably have a higher ceiling than Bissouma. We've got Alzate to further develop and give more game time to. Mwepu will likely be even better with a) hopefully less injuries and b) a year's worth of PL experience under his belt.

Additionally, you've also got to look at the recent record of the recruitment ream in bringing in players such as Cucurella for less than £20m. If they replicate that bit of business for a player in Bissouma's position, the money raised could quite conceivably buy a replacement - with some change.

All valid points but will be ignored by the person you are quoting as they are a Leeds or Palace troll.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Agree totally, just to add, we've also got plenty of young midfielders coming through the youth ranks

We can't replace Yves like for like, but the midfield unit still looks strong to me. My first choice midfield 3, would be Mwepu, Caicedo and MacAllister. Plenty of cover there as well, Lallana, Gross and Alzate. Moder will back in, in due course. I just wonder if we'll bring through Kozlowski this season as well

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'll never forget the bit where he's keeping the ball up on his shin. I've tried that and I managed 1

That will be coached out of him at Spurs. A touch on the shin requires you to roll about aka Kane

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll never forget the bit where he's keeping the ball up on his shin. I've tried that and I managed 1

Gave me goosebumps when I first saw that, it still impresses me. Loved his time here. Fabulous player, fabulous song

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It feel like he has gone far too cheaply and why Rottenham? Bit embarressing going there. I wonder if Rottenham uded his alleged nightclub incident to grab a bargain? How can that money possibly buy a replacement. Will the season start with more (value, quality) out than coming in?

You do know Caicedo is his replacement with Kozlowski still to arrive from the production conveyor belt maybe in a year's time ?

Don't forget Undav and Mitoma have joined the squad, also maybe van Hecke, so we are already not doing too badly for new players.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agree totally, just to add, we've also got plenty of young midfielders coming through the youth ranks

We can't replace Yves like for like, but the midfield unit still looks strong to me. My first choice midfield 3, would be Mwepu, Caicedo and MacAllister. Plenty of cover there as well, Lallana, Gross and Alzate. Moder will back in, in due course. I just wonder if we'll bring through Kozlowski this season as well
Kozlowski is only 18 and contracted until 2026. Plenty of time for him.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I said to my dad when we got promoted that all I really wanted from our Premier League adventure was to have some wonderful footballing moments and for the Albion to sign a few gems who will go on to be world class.

Whilst the club have undoubtedly delivered the first part, Bissouma absolutely embodies the second part. We signed this exciting diamond in the rough and watched him turn into a continental level player wearing the stripes. I've got no doubt that Spurs will probably be another step towards the top of the game for him and he'll end up at one of the really big clubs in Europe. Great player, great song, glad to have seen so much of him in the flesh.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I seem to remember that when Biss first came to us he showed promise but was played as ACM or a box to box midfielder ? Wasn't it after quite a few games in that he was moved to the DM role and I also remember him getting 'caught out' a few times overplaying early in that role and getting some well deserved stick from the bench.

Absolutely top class now due to the work he and the development team have put in :thumbsup:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You do know Caicedo is his replacement with Kozlowski still to arrive from the production conveyor belt maybe in a year's time ?

Don't forget Undav and Mitoma have joined the squad, also maybe van Hecke, so we are already not doing too badly for new players.

It's not even as if that's the only options.
MacAllister has had some incredible performances when playing DM.
And then there's Moder, I was perfectly happy with him being Biss's immediate replacement, up until the injury.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Rottenham?
How old are you? Very childish calling Spuds Rottenham :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here