Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
About 15m light in my opinion judging by what others are going for.

Got to be one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
£30m for a guy who was not going to sign a new deal and leave on a free?

I think that's EXCELLENT business for us.

It's one of those transfers that I think every party involved can be happy.

Spurs. Good player and good price
Bissouma. Career progression
BHA. A good fee 12 months away from £0
BHA fans. Got to see a good player for a good amount of time.

Good luck to him. It's an exciting move.

This to the power of infinity.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
About 15m light in my opinion judging by what others are going for.

Got to be one of the best midfielders in the Premier League.

In normal times, I'd agree. Maybe more like £20 or £30m light to be honest, but with 1 year left on his deal, no option to extend and no intention to re-sign his market value will plummet every month he gets closer to an exit. Remember he can arrange to sign abroad any time from January on a free, so there's a risk that we only have 6 months to guarantee a fee.

I actually think this is a great deal all round, albeit one I'm still sad to see go through

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
There is no way he has the same contacts as Naylor and the dribble he writes is on par with the Sun.

He almost certainly does.

They both have their problems. Naylor is a boorish manchild who think he’s much more important than anybody else & Owen works for a company who appear to prioritise how many adverts you can cram on to a single website over if the website is actually useable.

In an ideal world they’d swap employers so I can justify paying for The Athletic & never have to even consider reading The Argus ever again.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don’t forget Bissouma’s agent ��

200.gif

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Basically we are getting paid 1 million quid for every game he is not going to play for us next season. That is nuts. Anymore than 30 million would be incredible given he only has maximum 38 games left but as if he doesn’t miss a few of them.

Good luck to him.

Best player I have seen in an albion shirt.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Basically we are getting paid 1 million quid for every game he is not going to play for us next season. That is nuts. Anymore than 30 million would be incredible given he only has maximum 38 games left but as if he doesn’t miss a few of them.

Good luck to him.

Best player I have seen in an albion shirt.

I like your reasoning on the games to money front but would have to disagree with your opinion on "Best player".

When he had his mind right he was excellent but too many times , especially this season, he wasn't focused and was a passenger. The best players put that aside and perform at high levels all the time. IMO

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Brian Owen doesn't know dipshit so it's hardly worth a read nowadays.

He isn't going to be unearthing too many undercover club stories, he does however get all the press releases and opportunities to interview players and manager, is able to ask the club for comment etc. What he doesn't do is write daft opinion pieces like Naylor used to do, call fans delusional or go to the other end of the spectrum like all the Leeds reporters do, and feed delusions. I don't read it often but he seems a decent writer. If and when we drop out of the PL and the national press no longer give a shit about Brighton, it will be a choice of him or Naylor, if you want to read anything other than the club site or gossip on here.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Does anyone know how to make a short clip video or gif from 4 seconds in in this video to 27 seconds?

I've got a friend who thinks that McTominay is better than Bissouma. I'd like to send him the clip of Bissouma flicking the ball over McTominays head and McT having to foul him to stop him.

Last edited:

theboybilly

I like your reasoning on the games to money front but would have to disagree with your opinion on "Best player".

When he had his mind right he was excellent but too many times , especially this season, he wasn't focused and was a passenger. The best players put that aside and perform at high levels all the time. IMO

This, is how I see it. Biss can be a joy to watch but he isn't always 'on it'. He's excellent at breaking up play but then so is Caciedo now. Biss doesn't impress in front of goal - Mwepu anyone? (And Moises is there too for that matter) I'll miss Yves but this isn't the loss many think. Don't forget the games we lost at crucial through suspension either. We're well covered in midfield with Moder and Alzate who, though different are much more consistent in many ways

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
All these people now talking about the squad strength despite losing Bissouma, presumably you aren't the people who were recently questioning what Dan Ashworth did for the club?

We are in a position to lose Bissouma without having to spend big money to get in a replacement because we built a squad over many windows. We're able to be competitive at this level because of the forward planning Ashworth and his team have been doing for years. Caicedo came in and looked sensational and that's what we need to keep on doing, getting them in young and cheapish so that when they're blooded into our team and outgrow us we can sell for a big fee with their replacement already at the club.

I'm excited for Alzate and, when he returns, Moder.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He might end up being the new Bridcutt. Excellent for us, but a shadow elsewhere.

Or he might flourish.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Spurs mate of mine doesn't see how he gets in ahead of Bentancur and Hojberg.

Interesting angle but I can't see Biss going anywhere to warm the bench. Would imagine assurances of playing time have been given.

1. I imagine it will be Bentancur and Bissouma

2. Why do people in 2022 not understand its a squad game and plenty of minutes to go around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here