Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's all gone very quiet on the Bissouma front hasn't it.

What's the consensus?

- He'll sign a new contract before the end of the window
- One of the big 6 will sign him this season
- He'll run down his contract and leave on a free at the end of next season

Probably should have done a poll, but cba.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

What's the consensus?

Not signing a new contract before the end of the window, really cant see that happening. Maybe afterwards if he isnt sold.

Its gone quiet and thats nice but I'm not celebrating until the window closes.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If he does leave somebody will have to drive him there.
I would be very, very disappointed in him if he ran down his contract and left for f all. However, he's a premier league footballer so it's certainly possible he will stick 2 fingers up at the club and fans.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If he does leave somebody will have to drive him there.
I would be very, very disappointed n him if he ran down his contract an left for f all. However, he's a premier league footballer so it's certainly possible he will stick 2 fingers up at the club and fans.

I'm sure DA/TB/PB would see it as a massive failure on their part, if that did happen.
As a fan, I wouldn't mind it so much, as long as he carried on playing to the same standard for 2 full seasons.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My guess is a new contract with 1 extra year ( so 3 years total ) signed on September 1st.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

What's the consensus?

I reckon the probability of the bolded bit happening is about 0.001%. He'd be doing himself out of very significant wages (ie the difference between the salary on his potential new deal and the salary on his existing deal) for the best part of two years. He would also run the risk, if he suffered a career-changing injury, of never being able to make that up. It is also just about impossible to imagine the club allowing him to remain as a player under those circumstances (ie, they would sell him next summer - SOMEONE will come in with a bid). It is also always possible that the club has a further option year anyway (which would mean he would have to run his contract down over THREE full seasons).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not signing a new contract before the end of the window, really cant see that happening. Maybe afterwards if he isnt sold.

Its gone quiet and thats nice but I'm not celebrating until the window closes.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I reckon the probability of the bolded bit happening is about 0.001%. He'd be doing himself out of very significant wages (ie the difference between the salary on his potential new deal and the salary on his existing deal) for the best part of two years. He would also run the risk, if he suffered a career-changing injury, of never being able to make that up. It is also just about impossible to imagine the club allowing him to remain as a player under those circumstances (ie, they would sell him next summer - SOMEONE will come in with a bid). It is also always possible that the club has a further option year anyway (which would mean he would have to run his contract down over THREE full seasons).

I agree. Bissouma of all people should have seen from the Ben White sale that TB will not stand in a player's way as long as the offer is reasonable. So he has no reason to run his contract down. His best option is to play at his top level to make sure those bids come in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what position is Biss going to start in today?

Before he's returned to his holding midfield role, at halftime, allowing him to orchestrate another comeback win.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So what position is Biss going to start in today?

Before he's returned to his holding midfield role, at halftime, allowing him to orchestrate another comeback win.

Our strongest midfield pair is Lallana & Bissouma in my opinion. Both deep, one destroys, one dictates.

However, Groß is almost as good as Lallana in the centre and then we have Mwepu, Moder, Molumby, Alzate, Mac Allister, Caicedo, Richards all trying to get a gig too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here