Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I do rate Bissouma a lot but his Hollywood shooting really needs to stop. Can't remember the game but last season Bissouma was having a terrific match, and then out of nowhere blasted a shot from miles away, more or less hitting the corner flag. Potter subbed him straight afterwards and even mentioned his wild shooting in the post match interview.

So don't be surprised if Potter is looking to get rid. Quality player but extremely frustrating for a manger I'd imagine.

Erm what? There is absolutely no chance looking to get rid. Potter basically has said he is world class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I heard Liverpool were looking at Calvin Phillips as windjammers replacement, that would be great weaken Leeds and remove any interest in Bissouma in 1 move.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2021
Erm what? There is absolutely no chance looking to get rid. Potter basically has said he is world class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully that's the case but there's been plenty of rumours circulating of him leaving and if we're offered another Ben White type fee, I wouldn't be shocked if Potter lets him go, regardless if Potter's stated he's world class.

He's replaceable and we might already have the adequate replacements here in Mwepu and Caicedo?

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
I do largely agree with you, and I think he’s the best player to ever play for us in my lifetime at least (I’m 43). However, I can’t agree with your last sentence, as we all know, our poor shooting is a massive issue!

Wow really, the best player to ever play for us? Have you forgotten Mr Vicente Rodríguez

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Crazy, just crazy.

My apologies, but it seems that many on here hold Bissouma in far higher esteem than l do. One of our better players, yes probably, but walking straight into the midfield of one of the top four? then no not for me.

It's all about opinions though, thankfully.

I don't see him 'walking into' one of the top 4 teams, but he has the raw potential and skill to do so imo. The tackles and blocks he pulls off together with his skipping over and around players is sublime.

Old jug ears, despite all his oddities, loves Biss which I've not seen him go on about any of our other or any other bottom half player as much, except Grealish probably. Like him or not, he knows his football stuff.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Why is it so way off the mark when we've just signed someone for £20m who looks almost identical in style of play to Bissouma?

That still doesn't qualify "Potter looking to get rid" does it? My understanding of a squad is that you have several players who can play the same position.

Jul 25, 2021
That still doesn't qualify "Potter looking to get rid" does it?

I think you've missed a bit of that sentence:

"So don't be surprised if Potter is looking to get rid. Quality player but extremely frustrating for a manger I'd imagine."

"So don't be surprised if Potter is happy to let go. Quality player but extremely frustrating for a manger I'd imagine."- Would that qualify?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I think you've missed a bit of that sentence:

"So don't be surprised if Potter is looking to get rid. Quality player but extremely frustrating for a manger I'd imagine."

"So don't be surprised if Potter is happy to let go. Quality player but extremely frustrating for a manger I'd imagine."- Would that qualify?

Stop digging or you may meet one of our Antipodean posters coming the other way.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
I do rate Bissouma a lot but his Hollywood shooting really needs to stop. Can't remember the game but last season Bissouma was having a terrific match, and then out of nowhere blasted a shot from miles away, more or less hitting the corner flag. Potter subbed him straight afterwards and even mentioned his wild shooting in the post match interview.

So don't be surprised if Potter is looking to get rid. Quality player but extremely frustrating for a manger I'd imagine.

I really hate the reactionary and insulting responses from some here on NSC but this requires a "You're a f*cking tool that knows F8ck all about anything you window licking oxygen thief``' style response

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’d be staggered, not surprised, if Potter was looking to ‘get rid’. More likely he’s desperate to keep hold of one of the best defensive midfielders in the PL who scores the occasional worldie and will the absolutely pivotal to the upcoming season for us. One or two speculative shots a game is no big deal……he’s probably still ahead of his XG given where he attempts them from.

Jul 25, 2021
I’d be staggered, not surprised, if Potter was looking to ‘get rid’. More likely he’s desperate to keep hold of one of the best defensive midfielders in the PL who scores the occasional worldie and will the absolutely pivotal to the upcoming season for us. One or two speculative shots a game is no big deal……he’s probably still ahead of his XG given where he attempts them from.

I personally think if someone comes in with a £50m offer, Potter will sell. Just my opinion though......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I personally think if someone comes in with a £50m offer, Potter will sell. Just my opinion though......

Ashworth, Barber and Bloom might have some input………I don’t actually disagree but firstly I’m not sure anyone is going to offer £50m, and secondly everything I’m seeing indicates Biss is very happy here. I think a new contract announcement is more likely than a transfer…….with a massive bid for him this time next year if his trajectory continues.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Well, Bloom probably would. Obviously. A very good price for a very good player (and witout the 'English' premium that White had). Does any sane person seriously think we wouldn'r/shouldn't?
Yes of course we'd like to keep him - but nurture, develop, improve, sell-on, rinse and repeat is the policy. FWIW I think it's great, and £50M for Biss would be great business. Also shows prospective buyers that the next one off the production line ain't gonna come cheap either! :thumbsup:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I have two questions,

What are you smoking and can you get some for Swanny?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ashworth, Barber and Bloom might have some input………I don’t actually disagree but firstly I’m not sure anyone is going to offer £50m, and secondly everything I’m seeing indicates Biss is very happy here. I think a new contract announcement is more likely than a transfer…….with a massive bid for him this time next year if his trajectory continues.

[emoji106]

His contract is running down (as far as we know) so we would accept £50m.

However like you I suspect Biss has already signed an extension. Quite a lot of hints from the club feed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
[emoji106]

His contract is running down (as far as we know) so we would accept £50m.

However like you I suspect Biss has already signed an extension. Quite a lot of hints from the club feed.

Well, if he has, he hasn’t singed a new contract by 14th, I will be BOOING him at Burnley :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do I see Bissouma on the montage at the stadium in today’s Argus photo about what you need to enter the stadium?

If so and it’s gone up recently that is quite encouraging isn’t it?

E3374A2C-C25F-4034-ADD0-C17C047C1351.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here