[Albion] Bissouma going to AFCON

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Better than the Ashes for viewing times with the bonus that we won’t be thrashed. At a guess I’d say the meridian line goes from Telscombe Cliffs to South Africa.

It doesn’t.

1DFE7150-7067-41A8-9D5B-FA9E9AD4467D.jpeg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We're near Chippenham, and yourself? Tbh I'm probably less interested in Harry and Meg than Crodo is... they've never sent us a Xmas card!!

Yes, Chippenham area too. I’m holding out for us getting Bristol City away in the cup one year, as it’s difficult getting to Amex as much as I’d like.
Let me know if you ever fancy meeting up for a telly game

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yes, Chippenham area too. I’m holding out for us getting Bristol City away in the cup one year, as it’s difficult getting to Amex as much as I’d like.
Let me know if you ever fancy meeting up for a telly game

I rarely get to the Amex either nowadays. Could be fun to meet up sometime (when Covid has calmed down) and watch a game. [MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] makes it at least 3 in Wiltshire. Happy new year 🍻

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Because AFCON is a regional tournament and the world cup a global one.

Yup.

What I'm saying is that European clubs will just have to live with losing their best African players whenever there is the AFCON. Nothing to moan or complain about.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Yup.

What I'm saying is that European clubs will just have to live with losing their best African players whenever there is the AFCON. Nothing to moan or complain about.

They are trying to move the AFCON to the June/July to avoid clashing with the European season, as well as a some of the African domestic leagues that run a similar schedule to most European leagues. This does present some issues with the weather though, the up coming Cameroon tournament had to be moved back to Jan/Feb (before it was then delayed a year due to covid) as June and July sees the rainy season in Cameroon so organisers weren't keen on it taking place then.

The 2019 tournament held in Egypt took place in June and July that year, and the next AFCON is scheduled for June/July 2023 in Ivory Coast.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
They are trying to move the AFCON to the June/July to avoid clashing with the European season, as well as a some of the African domestic leagues that run a similar schedule to most European leagues. This does present some issues with the weather though, the up coming Cameroon tournament had to be moved back to Jan/Feb (before it was then delayed a year due to covid) as June and July sees the rainy season in Cameroon so organisers weren't keen on it taking place then.

The 2019 tournament held in Egypt took place in June and July that year, and the next AFCON is scheduled for June/July 2023 in Ivory Coast.

June/July is fine if it's held in Southern Africa, as demonstrated by the 2010 WC.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
I've not seen it mentioned but are you allowed to travel overseas if on bail - hypothetical question?

Depends on the terms of the individual persons bail conditions. If there are no travel restrictions on their bail conditions they need to make sure they are in the country on the date they are required to attend the police station to answer bail.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The CPS aren't involved yet, or if they are they are not happy that the police have enough evidence to charge hence why he is on police bail. For bail to be extended beyond the 90 days then the police would need to convince a court that they are still investigating/gathering evidence and that bail is the right thing to do rather than release under investigation.

If he is charged by the CPS then that changes everything because the 90 day bail clock stops and different restrictions on him could be imposed. If charged he's very likely to be answering the charge in magistrates court very quickly. This is where any restrictions will be put in place, bail, remand until trial etc, it's extremely unlikely at that stage he'd be allowed to travel abroad.

A BRIGHTON and Hove Albion player arrested on suspicion of sexual assault has been released under investigation.

The player, in his 20s, was held by police after an incident at a seafront nightclub.

A second man arrested with him has had police bail extended till the end of the month.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said a man in his 20s has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/198...pected-sexual-assault-released-investigation/

Not sure if this changes much/anything?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sky Sports have coverage of all 52 matches, ten games will air on BBC, including two of the quarter finals, both semi finals and the final.

Cameroon is an hour ahead so kick off times should be very reasonable for watching here.

That's great news. I'll be aiming to watch the Mali games where the stars align. Congrats to Biss though, he deserves to be on the international stage

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's a preview of Bissouma's/Mail's group here
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/58967715

The Mali games are

Wednesday, 12 January: Tunisia v Mali (1pm), Mauritania v The Gambia

Sunday, 16 January: The Gambia v Mali (1pm), Tunisia v Mauritania

Thursday, 20 January: The Gambia v Tunisia, Mali v Mauritania (7pm)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports