Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma going to AFCON

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bad news for us but an opportunity for a 1st XI spot for someone, and a chance for Potter to evaluate whether we have his replacement already at the club. Mwepu, Moder and MacAllister will all get more gametime, and that is no bad thing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Has his bail situation been resolved ? If not, I am surprised there isn't a condition relating to overseas travel.

He's due to answer it on January 5th, that will be 90 days which is the limit someone could be on bail without the Police asking the courts for an extension. I would expect him to have to report for this before travelling for international duty. I would also assume Mali would be aware of his on going legal issue and not call him up unless they were pretty certain he could travel.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He's due to answer it on January 5th, that will be 90 days which is the limit someone could be on bail without the Police asking the courts for an extension. I would expect him to have to report for this before travelling for international duty. I would also assume Mali would be aware of his on going legal issue and not call him up unless they were pretty certain he could travel.

Big assumption. If the CPS extend again then there would be a significant doubt that he’d be allowed to leave the country.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
depending on re-arranged games , should only miss 2 league matches ., I think.

How many matches will Bissouma miss?
That depends on how far Mali progress in the tournament.

Group F games against Tunisia on January 12, Gambia four days later and Mauritania on January 20 rule him out of Palace's visit and, in all probability, the trip to Leicester on January 23.

The knockout stages begin on January 23 and the tournament runs until the final on February 6, six days before Brighton go to Watford.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Big assumption. If the CPS extend again then there would be a significant doubt that he’d be allowed to leave the country.

The CPS aren't involved yet, or if they are they are not happy that the police have enough evidence to charge hence why he is on police bail. For bail to be extended beyond the 90 days then the police would need to convince a court that they are still investigating/gathering evidence and that bail is the right thing to do rather than release under investigation.

If he is charged by the CPS then that changes everything because the 90 day bail clock stops and different restrictions on him could be imposed. If charged he's very likely to be answering the charge in magistrates court very quickly. This is where any restrictions will be put in place, bail, remand until trial etc, it's extremely unlikely at that stage he'd be allowed to travel abroad.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Depth of squad will be the difference, we showed against Brentford that we can cover Bissouma, whereas Palarse may stuggle without 3 key players, it would be handy if someone tried to buy Gallagher from Chelsea

Olise, Eze and McArthur will come in for those 3, which is quite an exciting prospect TBH.

But it is an honour for both teams that they will have players in the AFCON.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't see the need for any other sentiment on this thread other than congratulating Yves on his call up

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Good news he only misses 2 games

Bad news one of those is palace.

Btw how is there only 2 bloody league games in Jan. Depressing !!!
Have some free internet Prozac as there are 3 league games in January.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Depth of squad will be the difference, we showed against Brentford that we can cover Bissouma, whereas Palarse may stuggle without 3 key players, it would be handy if someone tried to buy Gallagher from Chelsea

Olise, Eze and McArthur will come in for those 3, which is quite an exciting prospect TBH.

But it is an honour for both teams that they will have players in the AFCON.

Dalef65

Oct 12, 2010
He said (with slightly different words) in August that he would return if he got a verbal blowjob from manager Magassouba.

Mali could win this tournament so I dont think it was too difficult to convince him.

I hope he goes on to win the whole thing. Its a big loss for Brighton but on the positive side midfield is well covered.

Unlikely I would have thought

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Congratulations to Biss on his call up to represent his country ������

��Are you crodo in disguise ?
Are you …… etc

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Unlikely I would have thought

Its generally a low scoring tournament, discipline and good defense usually take teams pretty far. Obviously there is a couple of teams that on paper looks stronger than Mali but same could be said for Zambia a few years ago or when Egypt dominated the tournament.

But you are right, it is unlikely - but it could happen, they have a decent side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here