Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biscuits for breakfast

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I've never really been a big breakfast kind of person and have often just (more now I'm older) gone for a quick snack like say apiece of toast or some biscuits. Now though biscuits are official breakfast food with the range of Belvita breakfast biscuits. Good news for me I thought but would they be any good? I wasn't convinced with the plain ones, the fruit & fibre ones didn't rock my world either so I thought that was it. Just another food fad which was all marketing & another bit of exposure for the overated Lisa Snowdon. (You got shagged by George Clooney, yes we all know now, good for you girl.)
Then this evening I noticed that there was another variety, Honey & Nuts.......Bingo!
They're friggin perfect, biscuits for breakfast is no longer just a great track by Fink but an acceptable choice for breakfast without my missus telling me off.
So it got me thinking, lots of people seem to accept that chocolate is on the menu at breakfast especially for kids with all sorts of chocolate cereals (wrong, wrong, wrong) what else do the good folk of NSC have at breakfast, besides last nights leftover curry or pizza! For me it's Honey & nuts biscuits all the way from now on.

D

Deleted member 18477

Eggs or Protein shake (i go gym before work) and sometimes bacon at weekend and then 1 of the following carb...

Weetabix
Bagel
English muffin
Toast
Quaker oats oat so simple morning bar - golden syrup flavour
Belvita forest fruit
Quaker oats oat crisp
Cheerios
Chocolate weetos
Fruit (banana, apple, grapes, strawberries, blueberries)
Innocent smoothie drink
Tropicana
Etc.

Keep breakfast simple. Wash it down with a coffee or tea.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Porridge in week, Bacon sandwich Sat, Full English Sunday.

Not exactly that every week but probably 3 out of 5 and then approx similar the other 2. Do like the occasional american pancakes as long as home made and lots of maple syrup!!! Blueberry ones are the best!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They do yummy chocolate ones with a fondant centre (like giant Bourbons) but you can only get them in France!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've never really been a big breakfast kind of person and have often just (more now I'm older) gone for a quick snack like say apiece of toast or some biscuits. Now though biscuits are official breakfast food with the range of Belvita breakfast biscuits. Good news for me I thought but would they be any good? I wasn't convinced with the plain ones, the fruit & fibre ones didn't rock my world either so I thought that was it. Just another food fad which was all marketing & another bit of exposure for the overated Lisa Snowdon. (You got shagged by George Clooney, yes we all know now, good for you girl.)
Then this evening I noticed that there was another variety, Honey & Nuts.......Bingo!
They're friggin perfect, biscuits for breakfast is no longer just a great track by Fink but an acceptable choice for breakfast without my missus telling me off.
So it got me thinking, lots of people seem to accept that chocolate is on the menu at breakfast especially for kids with all sorts of chocolate cereals (wrong, wrong, wrong) what else do the good folk of NSC have at breakfast, besides last nights leftover curry or pizza! For me it's Honey & nuts biscuits all the way from now on.

I'd just like to point out that this is not an 'advertising feature'.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
As a teen, 8 weetabix, later coffee cigarette and doughnut. These days attempting the porridge thing more regularly. Got to go for the full English at least once a week, eggs Benedict or royale on special occasions. I'd have masala dosa most days if available though.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Most of the time I usually have cereal in the week and maybe something special on one of the weekend mornings (sausage sandwich, poached egg with hollandaise sauce etc) but every now and then I do nick one of the wife's packets of Belvita biscuits when I can't be arsed/can't face eating cereal. They're not bad but a bit dry, like eating a handful of Digestives for breakfast.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Porridge and a cup of tea for breakfast followed by an apple or banana mid morning washed down with a pint or two of orange squash during the morning - keeps me going till lunch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On a weight watchers pro points diet so it varies between 2 slices of marmite on toast = 4 points with no butter or 2 toast with tinned tomatoes also =4 points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Croissant, black coffee, Guardian/Observer

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
1 X Bacon & Cheese Turnover from Forfars.

1 X Red Bull.

Every morning.

Am I going to die?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Either 2 Weetabix, or a crumpet with BOVRIL.

And tea. Obviously.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
2 Weetabix with sliced banana during the week, full English on Sat & Sun, but a healthy version with grilled bacon & poached eggs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here