Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham vs Burnley

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I prefer to have minimal expectations of our rivals' games. Saves getting frustrated. The fact is, Boro and Burnley are highly likely to win their games, that's why they're where they are. Boro have an absolute gimme at relegated Bolton, and Burnley should get three points off Birmingham, who have flopped lately, and whose players are quite clearly ticking off the days until their end of season piss up in Las Vegas. Blues' play off hopes are long gone- if they even manage to give Burnley a decent contest, I'll be surprised. Enough said, meanwhile, about Bolton. They are dreadful.

Tuesday is the big one. We need to do our bit, and then see what happens at Turf Moor.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The current form table over the last six matches makes interesting reading...

View attachment 73704

Lovely to see us top of the pile but also slightly concerning that our "worst" remaining opponent is only just in the bottom half on form. Basically, most of our opponents are in good nick. We are going to have to fight tooth and nail for every point.

That said, Fulham had won three on the hoof and then... :lolol:

I bloody love this season.

I can't see Birmingham anywhere in there and QPR's bit of a peak in form should cause us some concern.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Bham and Bolton are pretty much bottom of the form table. Easy wins for our rivals tomorrow.

Burnley are 17 unbeaten and they could easily do what happened to us after our long run. If they lose to Birmingham, can see them not winning the next two either. However more likely is burnley will beat Birmingham and draw versus boro and Preston.

However if this happened

Burnley 1-0 bham
Burnley 0-3 boro
Burnley 0-0 Preston

Brighton 2-0 QPR
Brighton 3-0 Charlton

Burnley GD 29
Brighton GD 29 (with scoring 3 more goals)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I prefer to have minimal expectations of our rivals' games. Saves getting frustrated.
It's a good rule, so I'm sorry for this next bit:
The fact is, Boro and Burnley are highly likely to win their games, that's why they're where they are.
They're not likely to win them all. They're where they are because they're averaging about 2 points a game.
Boro have an absolute gimme at relegated Bolton
Agreed.
Burnley should get three points off Birmingham
According to the bookies, they probably (it's marginal) won't win.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
However if this happened

Burnley 1-0 bham
Burnley 0-3 boro
Burnley 0-0 Preston

Brighton 2-0 QPR
Brighton 3-0 Charlton

Burnley GD 29
Brighton GD 29 (with scoring 3 more goals)
Then we'd be 3 points ahead and need 4 from the last 2 games. GD would be in Burnley's favour, because finishing level on points would mean they win a game while we lose one. Despite yesterday, we've got no chance of being promoted on goal difference.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Birmingham have seemingly given up and Bolton are useless. Can't get too excited about today however I hope I'm proved wrong.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just realised Bolton v Middlesbrough is a lunchtime kickoff.

Will be very surprised if Middlesbrough fail to win.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I've bet on 3 aways today.

Burnley.
Boro.
Derby.

I've never won and no doubt someone will let me down but who.

£20 = £88.20 return if they all win.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
burn.JPG

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Listening to the Bimrmingham commentary. Burnley desribed as functional and direct.

I think they were at the Amex, but I think this is underestimating them.

Now they are saying Burnley have players who can score out of nothing.

Birmingham have the edge without creating chances. Sounds like 0-5 to Burnley now.

Joey Barton heads the thigh of Caddis. Watch this sort of thing in Rugby matches. :vuvu:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Watching a stream, fairly even. However, Birmingham missed a sitter on the break. Barton in the refs ear, Barnes lucky not to see yellow after flying elbow.

This is anti-football though. Hoofed end to end by both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here