Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

Sorry I don’t understand...was it a joke?
You didn't put 'I' in front of 'fancy a break', so it could have been read as 'fancy a break?'.

'Have a break, have a Kitkat' was a long running advertising campaign slogan.

So, SimmoSays makes a joke based on that, then ten minutes later he's forgotten all about it, apparently!
Was what a joke?
:moo:
:shrug:

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You didn't put 'I' in front of 'fancy a break', so it could have been read as 'fancy a break?'.

'Have a break, have a Kitkat' was a long running advertising campaign slogan.

So, SimmoSays makes a joke based on that, then ten minutes later he's forgotten all about it, apparently!
:shrug:

Lol he was taking the mick out of my earlier joke so I was getting him back

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Supposedly, he was let go because his attitude wasn’t wonderful.

Well that wouldn’t surprise me one bit smiff82. We’ve all seen his petulance on match day. I can only imagine what he is like at other times.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Have a break, have a quick crap.

Why quick? Nothing so under-rated as a good crap; nothing so over-rated as a bad shag.

On topic: I was a bit worried in the first 5 minutes, but after that I thought we played really pretty well - albeit against what I think will turn out to be a lower (relegated?) Championship team. Trossard really looks the business - he just needs a goal to hopefully get that monkey off his shoulder, and hopefully become a little calmer in front of goal. Montoya and Locadia look totally different players. Murray seems to have gathered a yard of pace (!). Dunk and Duffy remain imperious. Bit worried about playing a back 3 against PL teams - we got stuffed last year when we tried it. Burn? Nice to see him playing on the left wing at times; a little agricultural in defence occasionally. Maty had little to do, but when called upon did just fine.

Friday will be a much better gauge. Then it’s the real thing - we were abject v Watford last year - let’s not be this!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A really polished and professional performance against a tough, battle hardened Championship outfit. The Trillion Trophy Stadium is never an easy place to go so to emerge such convincing winners was excellent.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why quick? Nothing so under-rated as a good crap; nothing so over-rated as a bad shag.

On topic: I was a bit worried in the first 5 minutes, but after that I thought we played really pretty well - albeit against what I think will turn out to be a lower (relegated?) Championship team. Trossard really looks the business - he just needs a goal to hopefully get that monkey off his shoulder, and hopefully become a little calmer in front of goal. Montoya and Locadia look totally different players. Murray seems to have gathered a yard of pace (!). Dunk and Duffy remain imperious. Bit worried about playing a back 3 against PL teams - we got stuffed last year when we tried it. Burn? Nice to see him playing on the left wing at times; a little agricultural in defence occasionally. Maty had little to do, but when called upon did just fine.

Friday will be a much better gauge. Then it’s the real thing - we were abject v Watford last year - let’s not be this!

It was against a good Chelsea side that day and although we only lost 2/0 last season playing two CB’s we seemed to be more in the match the previous season until they scored there last two goals late on...so perhaps the idea shouldn’t be written off just yet

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It was against a good Chelsea side that day and although we only lost 2/0 last season playing two CB’s we seemed to be more in the match the previous season until they scored there last two goals late on...so perhaps the idea shouldn’t be written off just yet

Oh, I’m not writing it off - after all, it allowed us to attack more fluidly. Just a concern about the number we might concede, s’all. Fewer 1-0 games (to either team) I suspect.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Without going OTT, or using blue and white tinted spectacles, after that performance I feel a bit more comfortable with the sacking of CH than I did before.

I think I'd have preferred Bernardo on the left of the back three, but Burn did OK tbf.
It was good to see that when the ball crossed the half way line, several Albion players went with it!
Trossard looked good.
Alzate impressive when he came on - I predict he will make his full debut before Christmas.

Good performance. Mind you, Watford won't give us the ball back as often as Birmingham did!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Without going OTT, or using blue and white tinted spectacles, after that performance I feel a bit more comfortable with the sacking of CH than I did before.

I think I'd have preferred Bernardo on the left of the back three, but Burn did OK tbf.
It was good to see that when the ball crossed the half way line, several Albion players went with it!
Trossard looked good.
Alzate impressive when he came on - I predict he will make his full debut before Christmas.

Good performance. Mind you, Watford won't give us the ball back as often as Birmingham did!

We have the advantage of opposition teams not knowing exactly how to nullify us before we even kick a ball :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have made a couple of changes to my Fantasy League team following yesterday.

Anyone else?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We pressed them with three up top when they were in possession. Was I watching Brighton?

And IMO, this is the thing we need to get better at, football seems to evolving more and more to pressing high and winning the ball.

Equally, we need to combat it better when it’s done to us.

For me that was Chris’s biggest weakness and the only thing I would criticise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here