Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City FC v Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Match Thread***

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
:albion2:
How anyone can see this as a "good away point" is beyond me. Some of our fans are so content with being average, I really do not understand it. Two points dropped at the death AGAIN against a team that are 20th. It's devastating just knowing that we are going to concede every time we get ourselves into this position.
Poyet has to do something about this, and he has to do it NOW if we are going to stand even the slightest chance of getting into the play-offs this season.
Not going to read or contribute to NSC tonight, cannot be bothered to listen to people saying how amazing we were and how we aren't allowed to complain because we've won a few games recently.

sounds like you went.........so it is a big kick in the nuts to go all the way up there , think yer gonna win and get done at the death , again, i feel for you mate.........my dog wont dare come back in the house till the morning.....:albion2: faaaaaaaaarrrrk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
5 point gap to 6th, and watford on fire.... Even if ulloa hits the ground running, we will sit back on leads and will concede imho.

Smart money will not be on us finishing top 6

My predictor has us going from 7th to 6th after todays results :thumbsup:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It was a freak goal, 99 times out of 100 Kuszcak would deal with the ball. Our problem is our inability to kill teams off or keep the pressure up when ahead. If we had played another 10 minutes against Derby last week they would have got the draw.

We need to keep momentum in a match and not switch off as we tend to do a lot. Focus!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we had had either of the other two keepers in goal instead of TK we would be well outside of the playoffs not just outside with 57 points still to play for. So give him a break as he will realize that he dropped a clanger today.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Ok it sounds like we made a great comeback after going a goal down only for TK to drop a clanger in injury time but surely if we had taken our chances and scored a 3rd goal of our own then we would not be agonising right now. We aren't consistently ruthless enough at killing teams off, so a late equaliser then becomes irrelevant.

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't think it is the end of the world to go to St Andrews and get a point, yeah it's frustrating without a doubt, but I don't feel the need to tell the manager where he is going wrong, he's the pro, not me. And the PiG comment from kevtherev is just the funniest post I have read on here for a long time. 19 games = 57 points still to play with. The doom merchants are in full swing again.

Yes we are still in it but we really keep shooting ourselves in the foot late on when we have been on top, so you can blame PIG this time but what about the other 5 games, i can only put it down to being negative and defensive late on surely that lays at Gus's door. It's great that he thinks as a unit we can hold out all teams for the last 20 but we ain't no Man U or Barcelona yet.

I just feel for the lads as mentally they might start getting the jitters, when it matters most playoffs etc with losing so many points late on.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's a shame how happy some people seem to be that we conceded and they can now moan and criticise everything. It would have been a shame to end our run of not winning from a losing position as well, because people would have had to stop moaning about it.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We've played 27 games, and that is (from memory) Kusczak's first big mistake for us. Now I'm not slating Casper or Brez, but i'm sure they'd have made a few more big mistakes than PIG in 30 odd games. Keepers make mistakes, David De Gea cost £24 milllion and was making them week in week out not so long ago.

I'm more worried about how deep we seem to sit as soon as we get any form of lead for the last 30 minutes. We did it at Ipswich, but luckily got a goal on the counter to make it 3-1, Derby sounded like they were all over us last week last 20 or so, Birmingham today, Wolves away.. I could continue.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ok it sounds like we made a great comeback after going a goal down only for TK to drop a clanger in injury time but surely if we had taken our chances and scored a 3rd goal of our own then we would not be agonising right now. We aren't consistently ruthless enough at killing teams off, so a late equaliser then becomes irrelevant.
If as has been said we were not taking chances after half time, why not make a striker change earlier, Hoskins on the bench doing nothing, Lua Lua as we know can push a team back with his pace, and Vicente??... why bother giving him so little time,...... I saw the chyanges as fairly negative.... we were asking for them to push us back.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
We've played 27 games, and that is (from memory) Kusczak's first big mistake for us. Now I'm not slating Casper or Brez, but i'm sure they'd have made a few more big mistakes than PIG in 30 odd games. Keepers make mistakes, David De Gea cost £24 milllion and was making them week in week out not so long ago.

I'm more worried about how deep we seem to sit as soon as we get any form of lead for the last 30 minutes. We did it at Ipswich, but luckily got a goal on the counter to make it 3-1, Derby sounded like they were all over us last week last 20 or so, Birmingham today, Wolves away.. I could continue.

Agreed but is the Albion problem rather deeper than this as in how deep do we sit ?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It's a shame how happy some people seem to be that we conceded and they can now moan and criticise everything. It would have been a shame to end our run of not winning from a losing position as well, because people would have had to stop moaning about it.

I think it is frustration because if we want to reach the play offs we need to be winning this.it is going to be tough clawing these points back on teams like Watford.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The biggest disappointment for me is that it would have been the first time we have won after being behind since the Doncaster game & that is a monkey we really need to get off our back.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He made some great saves to keep cardiff out - 1pt he won us
He made great saves to keep burnley out when we were 1-0 up and at 1-1, we went on to win 3-1 - 2pts he won us
Played the long ball for Orlandi to feed CMS who won us a penalty v watford - 2 points won
Injury time save v Millwall to keep it at 2-1 (not to mention key saves earlier in the game) - 2 points won
Point blank save to prevent el abd own goal v charlton - 1pt won

8 points that I can think of that Kuszczak has "won" for us.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
And gus is still waiting to get one over Lee Clark.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
We really have been experts in dropping points this season, there's gonna be a hell of a lot of pressure on Ulloa to deliver.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here