Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham City FC v Brighton and Hove Albion FC ***Official Match Thread***

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If we hadn't thrown away any leads in injury time this season we'd be a point behind Palace with a game in hand of them. Instead we're 7 points behind with a game in hand.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Keeping it in perspective though, I would have taken a 2-2 draw today. Keep the unbeaten run going, score a couple of goals and take a point. Draw away, win at home and we'll be ok. :thumbsup:

We may have lost a little bit of ground today, but there's plenty of time to make that up and realistically, the top 2 are out of sight now anyway now so we're playing for 3rd-6th. We're very well positioned and our team has a new glittering striker to include into it so it's all positive so far as I am concerned.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Kuszczak was bought in specifically not to drop the clangers that Brez and Ankergren did. Sounds like he dropped a massive bomb today, not slightly at fault, massively at fault. Any other position on the pitch and Ankergren would be in Tuesday night. With Ankergren in line to start agianst the gunners, he should play on Tuesday and if he plays badly bring Kuszczak back in the the Arsenal game,,,if not the Ankergren keeps the shirt,,,,only fair.

:lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
5 point gap to 6th, and watford on fire.... Even if ulloa hits the ground running, we will sit back on leads and will concede imho.

Smart money will not be on us finishing top 6

We're not defensively adept enough. I can see why Gus is looking at centre backs, clearly the weakest area of our team.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Frustrated as hell but feeling the initial surge of anger ebbing away. Still bossing games. The pressure on Ulloa to find the net is going to be huge because we really need him to do so. It really does seem as though we are a reliable striker away from taking off. We're five points away from the playoffs and could have been right in the mix but for the points squandered.

It's OK. We're in the mix, we have new blood and competition for places. Still have to pinch myself that we are even in a playoff hunt in the second tier.

And relax...

D

Deleted member 2719

Well there's a surprise, 90% of posters now moaning and telling the manager where he could do better... get over it guys... 19 games to go and we didn't lose!

So you are in the minority.
Whats that 10, 12 or 14 points lost now when we have dominated?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Exactly, that is possibly why we sit so deep. We are likely to get caught out by a through ball.

Hence today's alternative heartbreak-loss scenario, getting caught on the break back around 60 min or so while pressing for that third goal to put it away.

Everything in football is over-determined. There are far more available causes then there are observable effects.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Latest table:

championship190113.png

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Frustrated as hell but feeling the initial surge of anger ebbing away. Still bossing games. The pressure on Ulloa to find the net is going to be huge because we really need him to do so. It really does seem as though we are a reliable striker away from taking off. We're five points away from the playoffs and could have been right in the mix but for the points squandered.

It's OK. We're in the mix, we have new blood and competition for places. Still have to pinch myself that we are even in a playoff hunt in the second tier.

And relax...

Good post.

We are going to Birmingham City as favourites and coming away gutted with a draw. Things are pretty rosy for us at the moment.

Onwards and upwards.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Kuszczak was bought in specifically not to drop the clangers that Brez and Ankergren did. Sounds like he dropped a massive bomb today, not slightly at fault, massively at fault. Any other position on the pitch and Ankergren would be in Tuesday night. With Ankergren in line to start agianst the gunners, he should play on Tuesday and if he plays badly bring Kuszczak back in the the Arsenal game,,,if not the Ankergren keeps the shirt,,,,only fair.

You always post shite, but this is the best yet. By far the best keeper we have and possibly in the division. Every keeper will make mistakes in a season and therefore costs goals. Ankers and Brez are liabilities while PIG is class. #clueless twat

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So you are in the minority.
Whats that 10, 12 or 14 points lost now when we have dominated?

I don't think it is the end of the world to go to St Andrews and get a point, yeah it's frustrating without a doubt, but I don't feel the need to tell the manager where he is going wrong, he's the pro, not me. And the PiG comment from kevtherev is just the funniest post I have read on here for a long time. 19 games = 57 points still to play with. The doom merchants are in full swing again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It would be very harsh to drop Kuszczak after 1 mistake. All keepers make them, this time it has cost us but if we were 3,4-1 up no one would be talking about it.

I wouldn't drop him. I can blame for today, but wouldn't leave him out of the team on Tuesday.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
How anyone can see this as a "good away point" is beyond me. Some of our fans are so content with being average, I really do not understand it. Two points dropped at the death AGAIN against a team that are 20th. It's devastating just knowing that we are going to concede every time we get ourselves into this position.
Poyet has to do something about this, and he has to do it NOW if we are going to stand even the slightest chance of getting into the play-offs this season.
Not going to read or contribute to NSC tonight, cannot be bothered to listen to people saying how amazing we were and how we aren't allowed to complain because we've won a few games recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here