Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham Call in Receivers

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Carson Yeung <cough> fit and proper person <cough> boardroom factions <cough>

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Isn't there a cut of point if points are to be docked? I reckon any deduction will apply next season?

If they do apply a deduction it will be applied this season. The cut off point is after the 4th Thursday in March (the old transfer deadline day). If a club enters administration after that date then the deduction is suspended until the end of the season, if the team are relegated the points deduction is applied the following season, if the club stay up they will have the points deducted from their final total for the season potentially relegating them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If we are going to get out of this situation, I would rather we did it ourselves , rather than rely on a 10 point deduction. that will not make us a better team, fighting for survival though will.

I'd rather we managed to stay up by any means available.

SAC

May 21, 2014
If we are going to get out of this situation, I would rather we did it ourselves , rather than rely on a 10 point deduction. that will not make us a better team, fighting for survival though will.

I suspect that even with a 10 point deduction, Birmingham could finish outside of the bottom 3.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'd rather we managed to stay up by any means available.
Rules are rules. If they are served with a points deduction then so be it. Why didn't they sell that player for 5 million?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Rules are rules. If they are served with a points deduction then so be it. Why didn't they sell that player for 5 million?

Exactly that was my point also.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Agree with this sentiment entirely. The second we start grasping those straws we are in trouble. Focus on the job we have to do. What happens to others is out of our control and all that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Isn't it all a bit academic anyway.

If Brum win on Saturday they'll be 10 points clear of us & equal or better than the Albion on all things goal.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
On a positive note we beat a Gary Rowett team - fashioned by his tactics and motivational skills - Burton Albion - 0-3 away in the League Cup after other teams slipped up there, so let's try and do it on Saturday at home against his current team. Then the maths will be better as well.

Plus Rotherham have Derby, Wolves and Watford up next and have been deprived of Alex Revell.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Isn't it all a bit academic anyway.

If Brum win on Saturday they'll be 10 points clear of us & equal or better than the Albion on all things goal.

I don't think they'll win. I think we are going to win 3-1. There you go. I said it! I feel better now.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Would that holding company have benefitted from the sale? I'd assume there would be more than one holding company involved with owning and running Birmingham City, if so, the player sale money wouldn't necessarily go into the accounts of the holding company that has gone into receivership

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here