I’m alright Jack, everything collected today :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought this strike was called off around a week or so ago

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
I have no sympathy for the people on strike - they have been offered a good pay rise. The unions hold everyone to ransom and inevitably will get more money for their members etc. Ultimately, if you aren't happy, find another job - it's as simple as that.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I have no sympathy for the people on strike - they have been offered a good pay rise. The unions hold everyone to ransom and inevitably will get more money for their members etc. Ultimately, if you aren't happy, find another job - it's as simple as that.

The trouble with Refuse Workers are that they tend to be the people who can't get other jobs. No qualifications etc.
And they have Union Reps stuck in the 70s just like Carry on at your convenience. One little thing and its 'everyone out'.

If they are on a fair salary and offered a fair increase it should be accept or resign.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The trouble with Refuse Workers are that they tend to be the people who can't get other jobs. No qualifications etc.
And they have Union Reps stuck in the 70s just like Carry on at your convenience. One little thing and its 'everyone out'.

If they are on a fair salary and offered a fair increase it should be accept or resign.

They have views that are stuck in the 70s?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Times like these, you realise the people some always dismissed as anonymous worker drones are actually real people doing hard graft, providing the essential services we all take for granted (like the Bin Fairy who magics your crap elsewhere) and just trying to keep a roof over their family's head and keep food on their family's table. If you disagree with any of the above, you just might want to give your head a bit of a wobble

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Times like these, you realise the people you always dismissed as anonymous worker drones are actually real people doing hard graft and just trying to keep a roof over their family's head and keep food on their fam ily's table. If you disagree with any of the above, you just might want to give your head a bit of a wobble

Real people who by fluke have the power to blackmail their employer to give them more money and if they stop work for 2 weeks then get overtime to catch up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Real people who by fluke have the power to blackmail their employer to give them more money and if they stop work for 2 weeks then get overtime to catch up.

Nothing like a strike to animate those who always assume that real people with real families with real bills to pay are just there to magically service away your needs.

Hope there's enough folks on here old enough and/or jntelligent enough to remember that time when NHS / Fire Service were considered scumbags for being pushed to the limit to demand a wage that came even close to reflecting their value to society

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I know a binman. He's a good bloke. I know I wouldn't want his job.

I tend to find people's issues with strikes, beyond it being a bit unsanitary, is down to being pissed off that people doing a job they view as beneath them are probably getting paid more than them :shrug:

So what do they earn in Brighton and Adur/Worthing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here