Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Hadn't realised Casemiro was out there until about the 40th minute.
Until he fouled someone you mean!
He's different. He's a better and quicker passer than Moises and Mac which isn't necessarily what RDZ wants. As Dunk hinted, he's not as focussed on one touch passing as it might seem. He's going to have had to learn to adapt his game.
He'll need to get stronger on the ball but he's a wee bairn, he's clearly got huge potential here. My new favourite player after two games of the most ridiculous touches and passing.
The one thing he seems to lack (at present) is that ridiculous ability of Caicedo in particular to receive the ball facing our own goal, turn and head upfield leaving one or two opponents grasping at thin air. So many of our best attacks start like that.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I love the way we often sign or promote players, don't see them for a while, maybe loan them out, consider it may not have worked out for them....... then they pop up in the first team doing a great job.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Baffling how RDZ hasn’t used him this season to provide some depth - I.e Forest but glad he’s now being recognised
I think RDZ conceded that he screwed up against Forest.
As a small explanation as to why RDZ has had so little game time: CM is not the position that you want to change when the game is in the balance and RDZ has had Mac, Moises and Pascal playing in those positions (and at least two out of those you NEVER take off).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There was an interesting comment on the Man City game on Wednesday about how Pep brings in new players and they don’t flourish until the second season When they really come good. I suspect that’s something we need to expect here. They have to understand and acclimatise to a new way of playing. Listening to Dunk yesterday it sounds almost like learning chess moves when they play the ball at the back. So I agree we need to give players time and it will take some longer than others.
I was a bit surprised about that Dunk interview: seemed to be giving a bit too much away. But it was clear from that, just as it is on the pitch, we're being taught pretty patterns.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was a bit surprised about that Dunk interview: seemed to be giving a bit too much away. But it was clear from that, just as it is on the pitch, we're being taught pretty patterns.
I don’t think it’s any mystery to scouts and coaches in the game. It’s just how you stop it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you're saying that, although Dunk gave a lot away to me, he didn't to those who are in the know
Or those that watch YouTube.

This stuff has been out there since the new year.
There are literally 100's of tactical analysis videos pulling apart 'the double pivot small box' set up.

The fact that I can write "double pivot small box" and everyone knows what is meant is testament to that.
Were I to have written that in November it only would have made sense to one man, and even then I'd have need to write scatola piccola a doppio perno.

what's going to be amazing is watching Plan B next season, because Plan A won't work so well.
Maybe randomly marauding centre backs is the start.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are literally 100's of tactical analysis videos pulling apart 'the double pivot small box' set up.
………….,,,,
You need a substantial box if you are going to double pivot through your mater years Ive always maintained.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
A few more performances like that by wee Billy before the end of the season and I'll be expecting a big money bid from Chelsea in the summer. Oh to be a fly on the wall when Todd Boehly finds out where we got him from. Or maybe they won't tell him...

TODD: WINSTANLEY! Get in here!

PAUL: (to himself) Oh God, what now? (aloud) Yes, Boss! (enters Todd's office) Is there something I can help with?

TODD: I hear that Brighton have found another South American wonderkid! How did you miss him?

PAUL: You mean Buonanotte? He-

TODD: No, not him! Another one with a British name, like that Mac Allister. Happy Gilmore or something.

PAUL: Billy Gilmour? He's not South American, he's Scottish.

TODD: Even worse! What are your scouts doing all day? If he's Scotch he must have been right under your noses!

PAUL: I mean, yes, he definitely was, but you can't really blame the scouts for this one. He-

TODD: Why not? Do you even know where Brighton unearthed this kid from?

PAUL: ...

TODD: Well?

PAUL: I, uh, I think it was Raith Rovers, Boss.

TODD: Then I want your ass on the next plane to Raith to see who else you might have missed!

PAUL: Yes, Boss. Right away, Boss.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Or those that watch YouTube.

The fact that I can write "double pivot small box" and everyone knows what is meant is testament to that.
Were I to have written that in November it only would have made sense to one man, and even then I'd have need to write scatola piccola a doppio perno.

what's going to be amazing is watching Plan B next season, because Plan A won't work so well.
Maybe randomly marauding centre backs is the start.
Nah. Hoofball, every time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think RDZ conceded that he screwed up against Forest.
As a small explanation as to why RDZ has had so little game time: CM is not the position that you want to change when the game is in the balance and RDZ has had Mac, Moises and Pascal playing in those positions (and at least two out of those you NEVER take off).
But he learnt from it, and we moved on.

That really did end well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here