[Albion] Billy Gilmour

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Surely starts v Man U with veltman injured.

Steele

Gross
Webster
Dunk
Estupinian

Caicedo
Gilmour
Macillister

March
Welbeck/enciso
Mitoma

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not sure Gilmour will start, but probably minutes from the bench.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
A lot of the team fell off a cliff emotionally and physically at Forest in the second half. De Zerbi starts a (not so young for us) fresh and mustard-keen Gilmour against a footballing Wolves side. The zen bit was starting the game without any of our headline acts. Now THAT did send a message to the squad, lazy pundits and us/fans.
But if it hadn't had worked out then everyone would have (of) said it was a message to Tony. Funny old game

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I have to say RDZ's management of Gilmour does appear to be a bit strange. There seems to have been loads of games when he brought subs on and Gilmour wasn't one of them. I think it's been said on here lots of times that RDZ didn't appear to rate Gilmour and that's how it looked to me. I thought before Saturday that Ayari was above him in the centre midfield pecking order.

This is not a criticism of RDZ. Clearly he knows best and I've no idea what goes on in training or in RDZ's head. I'm just curious as to what the process was that lead to Gilmour going from a rarely/almost never used sub to starting (even allowing for the fact that MacAllister and Caicedo needed a rest). RDZ said he made a mistake with Gilmour and maybe he just had a bit of blind spot with him.

I don’t think RDZ did rate him to be honest, the few times he has played has been out of necessity when Caicedo and Mac weren’t available and I don’t think he’s really given him much of a chance outside that.

I think he played on Sat out of necessity and it wouldn’t shock me if RDZ wasn’t a bit surprised at how well he did either.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Interesting afternoon at one of the National Trust's top attractions.

This bloke came up to me and said "Hello, I'm Das" something, and the next thing I recall is waking up 15 minutes later with a broken nose and two black eyes.
That is unfortunate, I believe he usually is making Jam, or making Macrame hanging plant holders on a Sunday and visits National Trust properties more usually in the week to avoid the crowds.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is unfortunate, I believe he usually is making Jam, or making Macrame hanging plant holders on a Sunday and visits National Trust properties more usually in the week to avoid the crowds.
Good point.

With London Pompous also ruled out, I'm now stumped.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Amazing stuff.

Right environment, right attitude, great skill.

I felt a bit sorry for him with the timing of the transfer.

It's almost as if the recruitment system has a clue what they are doing.

Another glass of wine.

So, so very happy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Baffling how RDZ hasn’t used him this season to provide some depth - I.e Forest but glad he’s now being recognised

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Looked very good. I was worried how he would stand up against United's physicality, but he wasn't daunted, played his passing game, took the knocks and carried on. Mac Allister excellent alongside him. Gilmour said he's been watching him and Caicedo. but I'm seeing Lallana in the way he's playing the role.

Jimmy Grimble

Technically and tactically a very good player as he has shown in the last two games. RDZ’s lack of faith in him in that #6 role is purely on his physical attributes. You have to be outstanding in duels to be an RDZ player as it is so vital to his system. Gilmour is average-good in that aspect so it’s understandable why he hasn’t got a look in before.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Looked very good. I was worried how he would stand up against United's physicality, but he wasn't daunted, played his passing game, took the knocks and carried on. Mac Allister excellent alongside him. Gilmour said he's been watching him and Caicedo. but I'm seeing Lallana in the way he's playing the role.
Maybe the Llamas game is Wee Billy’s natural style
But learning from Alexis and Moises daily ain’t a bad way to improve your own game now is it

Well he did ok. I imagine if the game had ended in a goalless draw, playing him instead of Moses in midfield might have been one of the issues to come up. But fine margins change everything

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports