Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour How good was he tonight?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
My favourite Billy moment tonight was his last ditch sliding tackle just in front of the D. If he could add goals to his game then we're talking Luka Modric territory.
A goal to his game… yet to score a domestic goal for any side!

And the nutmeg to play himself out of trouble has to be the moment for Wee Billy tonight. Zidane would’ve been proud of that one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He is our heartbeat. We miss him when he doesn't play.

Genuinely didn't think 12/20/30 years ago we'd be playing European football now and a young Scottish lad would be our best player

Big balls Billy. What a player
I said a few months ago, his play reminds me of another Billy. Billy Bremner.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Best game for the club by a mile.

MoM for me….. sorry Pascal, you were brilliant too, oh, and so were you Igor, Hinsh, Dunk……..

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Lots of fantastic performances last night but he stood out for too. He was everywhere! What a player RDZ is turning him into. What a coach RDZ in terms of instilling confidence and believe in his players too!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Billy was superb last night. A real coming of age performance. My favourite moment, of many great ones for the wee man last night, was when he was arguing with their shithouse number 99, both in each others faces but both probably had no clue what the other was saying.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
He was absolutely outstanding last night, and noticeably voted the best player on the pitch in the BBC website, giving the lie to the idea that fans don't know what they're watching. Then I saw a stat on TNT or something - I forget the channels here but was watching it staying at a mate's later - that he played 60 passes in the game with a 100% completion rate. Literally perfect.

Love, love his reaction to the goal going in too. To see us so good at the moment, and the players and staff sharing the fans' passion... what times we're seeing.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
as a Scot he has a special place in my heart. He was beautiful last night and is quickly becoming a top, top player

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
MacAllister upgrade
He seemed to me he was playing much higher at times last night than he has done previously this season - not only was he pivoting so well in a CDM position but he was carrying the ball much further and for longer periods, taking our attack forward in a way that was instrumental in getting the ball to our forwards - it was purely down to Billy that I think that‘s one of the best MF games we’ve played all season. His vertical passing was sublimely accurate as usual and he was instrumental at times shutting down wide channels and giving Jack support too.

Perhaps it’s my starry-eyed, post-Euro-group-win, match high talking but I thought there were several players last night who probably had one of their personal best, if not the best, match of the season for them so far IMO - Pedro, Buonanotte, Gilmour, Dunk, Gross particularly come to mind. But as for the wee Scot, for the first time this season, the team looked really balanced and threatening in the MF I thought - like RDZs planning and rotating strategies had all come together at the perfect time..

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A 100% pass completion rate for a centre mid, over 90 minutes, in a high tempo high stakes matches is absolutely unheard of. Especially when you think how much possession we had & that he was at the heart of it all. The absolute elite midfielders in world football rarely manage that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It was 97, not sure where this 100 came from. Outrageously he misplaced a pass.
I’m pretty sure Adingra touched it before it went out of play, so I would imagine it’s classed as complete?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here