Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Gilmour How good was he tonight?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yeah, don't overhype Brighton players.
There's no overhyping here. Gilmour is the real deal.

Brighton v Marseille (14/12/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Brighton v Burnley (09/12/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Brighton v Brentford (06/12/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Chelsea v Brighton (03/12/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

AEK Athens v Brighton (30/11/2023): Player of the match - Lewis Dunk. Second - Billy Gilmour

Nottm Forest v Brighton (25/11/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Brighton v Sheff Utd (12/11/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Ajax v Brighton (09/11/2023): Player of the match - Lewis Dunk, Third - Billy Gilmour

Scotland v England (June 2021): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How good has Billy been this season?! He was immense last night and I fully agree with the OP.

Astonishing the number of 50/50’s and headers he wins. It’s the size of the fight in the dog. He’s fierce without being reckless.

He and Groß are our first choice pairing by miles, neither have great pace but both know their game so well they aren’t often exposed.

My MOTM - superb performance.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Chelski will sign him back for 60m lol
I think he’s worth at least that.

He had a slow start (and all the stuff that came out in the news about that crazy woman stalking him really won’t have helped) but back end of last season into this season he hasn’t skipped a beat.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me, with Groß and Dunk. He is controlling games in a way I’ve seen few do for this. Literally stands and demands the ball - complete confidence and self-belief.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I just watched a recording of his interview on TNT Sports last night with Steve Sidwell and Michael Owen. What stood out for me though from it was the fact that Jules Breach is just lovely. 😍
Oooh she’s nicer than my wife.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Urrrrggh sex. She can stop giggling or I’ll take down her particulars!
You know when you make those sort of risque comments? Are you just flirting in that sort of crude way that middle aged divorcees do, or do you genuinely like me sex wise?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shed End/Sanchez thread :laugh:

IMG_6516.png

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Even our rivals are sitting up and noticing Gilmour.

Over on the Marseille perspective thread:

'Gilmour c'est vraiment un super joueur !'

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Really enjoyed watching him on Thursday night. Clearly you can’t please all of the people all of the time but Billy, you were fantastic.
Agreed. He's coming on well isn't he? I always knew he was a baller, but was afraid he was too small to impose himself in the warzone that is midfield. My concerns appear to be unfounded. It's not just his overall performance. It's his pass completion rate, which is at or near 100%. OK, most of the passes tend to be short. A while ago, I commented that he seems to want the ball the whole time. He's always available to take a pass. That's a very good sign. So too, are the nutmegs; they show he is confident and enjoying his football.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He's like a Jack Russell, always at the heels of their players, doesn't care about their size and rep and just has that terrier mentality.

Interesting interview after the OEM game where he talked about RDZ constantly giving him a hard time when he arrived to push him more and get better. I remember RDZ interviews at the time saying that WBG needs to do better. Excellent man management from the gaffer, knowing what to do to get him upto his current standard.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's no overhyping here. Gilmour is the real deal.

Brighton v Marseille (14/12/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Brighton v Burnley (09/12/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Brighton v Brentford (06/12/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Chelsea v Brighton (03/12/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

AEK Athens v Brighton (30/11/2023): Player of the match - Lewis Dunk. Second - Billy Gilmour

Nottm Forest v Brighton (25/11/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Brighton v Sheff Utd (12/11/2023): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour

Ajax v Brighton (09/11/2023): Player of the match - Lewis Dunk, Third - Billy Gilmour

Scotland v England (June 2021): Player of the match - Billy Gilmour
Scottish fans do like a vote on the BBC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here