Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Davies

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He isn't a man I like or respect, but he knows the job, how to get it done. I would never want him as Brighton manager though, a manager represents the club and he's not what we should want.

My end of the train carriage seemed to be full of Forest supporters. After a bit of banter, one stated we should not have got shot of Gus. I asked whether he knew why Gus was sacked, he did not. I said that i did not like Davies, to which he replied that i would if he was our manager......i said i would not...he seemed a bit taken aback.
On reflection there is no way i would like Davies as our manager, i'm quite happy to have Oscar as opposed to that irritating Davies.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Another irritating wanker like Warnock.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Is there a more dislikeable person in football. He really is an odious little man and has moulded that Forest team to play just like his personality

I thought Forest were quick to break, looked dangerous every time they moved up the field and more to the point took their chances. Saw Davies come over to his supporters a the end and got them going, That's what you need to get out of the Championship , I have no issues with him. I feel we need to toughen up throughout the club from top to bottom. Stop complaining about FFP as an excuse for not spending money and become mentally tougher on the pitch otherwise we are not going anywhere

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No they aren't.

They'll have no excuse if they don't. If it isn't a QPR-Nottingham Forest 1-2 then they've both let themselves down. You can't assemble the squad they have done and then not go up. Burnley are a flash in the pan, even WE beat them!

Forest Visitor

Mar 27, 2013
Don't understand the widespread dislike of Billy Davies. I think all fans want to see their manager passionate and 100% committed to their clubs ambition. He is a fantastic motivator of players and manages to garner a fantastic team spirit quite often by encouraging an "us against the world" agenda but so what? He has fallen out with certain elements of the press over issues with the past Forest hierarchy and that's been a bit OTT.
I havn't seen yesterdays game other than brief highlights but I don't think we're a particularly dirty side but in the past we have been a bit lightweight and easy to push over and to get out this league you have to man up a bit. The other thing with BD is that he is very honest post match and is never slow to praise the opposition where it is due.
Anyway always enjoyed browsing this board and good luck for the rest of the season. When your injury list heals up I'm sure you could still make a push for the play-offs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally I didn't see u as a dirty side...Lansbury has anger management issues and your lot cudnt cope with lua lua at times....re Davis he lacks a certain amount of grace and humility and comes across as a bit of a tosser as regards to being honest lol...listen to his comment on the first half it was far from the truth...but as others have said on here he has a certain amount of championship nous as is doing the business

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
in an alcohol induced moment I was ranting at the Forest bus and people getting on it and saying what a despicable horrible little b......d Davis was not realising that he was having his photo taken with a fan so I couldn't let it go and carried on slating him and his attitude and finished it by saying that Oscar will still be in a job as our manager this time next season but he wont be at Forest.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Personally I didn't see u as a dirty side...Lansbury has anger management issues and your lot cudnt cope with lua lua at times....re Davis he lacks a certain amount of grace and humility and comes across as a bit of a tosser as regards to being honest lol...listen to his comment on the first half it was far from the truth...but as others have said on here he has a certain amount of championship nous as is doing the business

Forest weren't especially dirty. They did spend more time kicking lua lua than the ball, but the ref generally saw this and indeed sent off Chalobah.

It's more the attitude of players like Lansbury, Chalobah and Cohen. who made us dislike Forest. Lansbury was f'ing and blinding all the way through the first half.

Poor attitude, plus lots of money, plus being effective at what they do meant we dislike them.

Can understand our frustration that we couldn't create opportunities as easily as them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Perhaps because in Oscar we have a manager that comes across as calm and honest in his interviews, it makes Davies look worse than what he is.......or maybe he really is an annoying man.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Davis is that good a manager that he didn't see at half time that either Lichaj or Chalaboah were going to get a 2nd Yellow as they couldn't cope fairly with Lua Lua and the obvious move was to take one off and bring on Halford who at least would have 2 bitres at the cherry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's doing what he's being paid to do...and it's working. He's not our manager so no big deal really if you all hate him. Comes across as a bit sour grapes though.

Forest Visitor

Mar 27, 2013
Not seen much of the game only brief highlights but Chalobahs sending off was a disgraceful decision. Not sure the circumstances could've been predicted and the less said about it the better.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not seen much of the game only brief highlights but Chalobahs sending off was a disgraceful decision. Not sure the circumstances could've been predicted and the less said about it the better.

Chalobah was harshly sent off for THAT tackle, but he had been upending KLL (amongst other players) all through the game. That was the only way that Forest could stop him. Harsh red for that tackle, but was lucky to be on the pitch then anyway.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
in an alcohol induced moment I was ranting at the Forest bus and people getting on it and saying what a despicable horrible little b......d Davis was not realising that he was having his photo taken with a fan so I couldn't let it go and carried on slating him and his attitude and finished it by saying that Oscar will still be in a job as our manager this time next season but he wont be at Forest.

Remind me not to play Monopoly with you after a drink :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here