Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Billy Arce

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Contract expires in the summer, wonder if he’ll be worth trying to sign for a longer term.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
He can add to his tally of six goals in his last 30 games then. We’re saved.

Indeed, can't wait.

All joking aside this has been an utterly bizarre saga. Signed, possibly never even been to the country, played for about 6 different clubs, hardly set the world alight at any of them, been to prison, written off cars, makes no mention of the Albion on any of his social media, the club don't even follow him either or vice versa, yet now he's on his way to prove himself. I genuinely thought we'd torn up his contract some time ago but everyone forgot to mention it.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Contract expires in the summer, wonder if he’ll be worth trying to sign for a longer term.

Much longer and he'll end up with a testimonial. Either way the only way he can do any worse than Locadia is if he refuses to get off the plane at Gatwick.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Better, way better. I've never seen him play except for a few poor quality steams from South America on Bet365 but I can confirm we will now win the league. I'd imagine City and Liverpool will try and block this but 2022 will forever be remembered as the year we finally bought in a 30 goal a season striker.

These steams you mention, were they from turds? Are you insinuating our Billy is shite ! How very dare you:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed, can't wait.

All joking aside this has been an utterly bizarre saga. Signed, possibly never even been to the country, played for about 6 different clubs, hardly set the world alight at any of them, been to prison, written off cars, makes no mention of the Albion on any of his social media, the club don't even follow him either or vice versa, yet now he's on his way to prove himself. I genuinely thought we'd torn up his contract some time ago but everyone forgot to mention it.

So you're saying there's a chance?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If this has got any legs to it whatsoever, it’ll surely mean that Mitoma will get to stay at USG and surely bag himself a winner’s medal if he keeps scoring and assisting for them. Good for his development I suppose.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How does he qualify for a work permit ?

He’s played in the last two Copa Libertadores which is now on the same level as the Champions League under the new work permit regulations. It’s possible that has tipped him over the edge for the points required for a work permit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
These steams you mention, were they from turds? Are you insinuating our Billy is shite ! How very dare you:lolol:

Well, TBF, in some ways he's been better value than Locadia, little Percy, and most of the time, Jahanbakhsh. He's never actually got in the way when the rest of the team were trying to play a PL fixture.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The news about him returning are a bit odd but could see a few reasons and how this could play out:

1. "DAMN SON, YOU'RE GOOD!" Billy the boy turns up, shits (in a positive way) on everyone in training and GP shrugs and says "this guy" and he ends up in the Brighton PL squad. Very very very (I could add some more 'very' here but you get the point) unlikely.

2. "He's quite good, lets do it." Brighton wants to take a look at him with the possibility of loaning him out to USG if it is possible to recall Mitoma. Obviously the clubs are sharing information and TB probably doesnt want to scam himself, so they need to do a quality check. In this case Mitoma would make Brighton stronger, USG would get a decent winger as replacement and TB wouldnt have to spend any money. I see this one as perhaps not likely but possible.

3. "I'm not going to Ecuador. You're coming here". We know Quito couldnt afford to keep Billy and we also know Brazilian teams are interested. Whether its to sell him or perhaps end his contract six months before it runs out, it is probably practical to have him in the physical vicinity if any negotiations are to be done. And rather than DA travelling to Ecuador or Brazil to make things happen, they prefer to bring Billy to England. This, I would imagine, is the most likely scenario.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The news about him returning are a bit odd but could see a few reasons and how this could play out:

1. "DAMN SON, YOU'RE GOOD!" Billy the boy turns up, shits (in a positive way) on everyone in training and GP shrugs and says "this guy" and he ends up in the Brighton PL squad. Very very very (I could add some more 'very' here but you get the point) unlikely.

2. "He's quite good, lets do it." Brighton wants to take a look at him with the possibility of loaning him out to USG if it is possible to recall Mitoma. Obviously the clubs are sharing information and TB probably doesnt want to scam himself, so they need to do a quality check. In this case Mitoma would make Brighton stronger, USG would get a decent winger as replacement and TB wouldnt have to spend any money. I see this one as perhaps not likely but possible.

3. "I'm not going to Ecuador. You're coming here". We know Quito couldnt afford to keep Billy and we also know Brazilian teams are interested. Whether its to sell him or perhaps end his contract six months before it runs out, it is probably practical to have him in the physical vicinity if any negotiations are to be done. And rather than DA travelling to Ecuador or Brazil to make things happen, they prefer to bring Billy to England. This, I would imagine, is the most likely scenario.

Or maybe not:

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19798689.billy-arce-claim-dismissed-brighton-source/

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder if we’ll find Billy Arce a club tomorrow?

His loan to Quito seemed to end on the 31st December. His contract with us runs our in the summer. But his career never really took off. It would be odd if we’re going to pay him for 6 months doing pretty much nothing in South America?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/billy-arce/profil/spieler/450237

Argentinian transfer window remains open for another month, the Brazilian one just opened and will be open for about three months... probably similar in a lot of other South American countries which is his most likely next destination.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s on his way to London with his agent !

f9df368403d99b08151ba79adca798bc.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here