Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bill Archer's Lies

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
In a parallel universe, one of the infinite number that some people say must exist, there must be a 100,000-seater stadium at Toads Hole, which was opened in 2000, with Bellotti, Archer and Stanley walking out to rapturous applause.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A stadium at Toads hole would of been much easier to get to for me :/

Me too! The whole site is pretty horrid to look at as well, something needs to be put in there at some point. I'm sure there are plenty of NIMBY groups out there to stop it happening, but it isn't a bad idea. Plenty of wasted space there at the moment.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Something purporting to be a planning application was certainly submitted to Hove Borough Council, because they sent a copy of it to ESCC, where it passed across the desks of a number of people (including me) who were asked to comment on the transport implications. We confined ourselves to saying that it was impossible to comment without the Transport Assessment (which Archer refers to in his letter as something he was spending money on). I don't know how much, if anything, was actually spent on the transport study, but it never arrived - and the planning application therefore just ran out of time.

As I remember it wasnt the application something along the lines of a plan view of rectangle with the word "stadium" written on it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In a parallel universe, one of the infinite number that some people say must exist, there must be a 100,000-seater stadium at Toads Hole, which was opened in 2000, with Bellotti, Archer and Stanley walking out to rapturous applause.
If only the idiots here had given them the support they asked for.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
On the other side of the coin, Steve Gritt was a nice man wasn't he. Wonder how many of these letters he had to write?

I think my letter dates back to about 2001, just after we won the Third Division.

Steve Gritt Letter.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
'I own this club lock stock and barrel'

...and there's nothing that you or any of those mindless morons can do about it.'

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My favourite club corrospondance was the letter from Eversheds solicitors to Roy Chuter threatening to sue him and him tearing it apart. It was then published in Gulls Eye (and later, Build a Bonfire). Brilliant!
Agreed. That is pure solid gold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here