Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest Win Ever in 30 years watching the Albion

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Great win, but Hereford, then the FA Cup semi final and of course the Charity Shield in 1910 all bigger. I'd also throw in a random shout for Peterborough away the season after Hereford when we were second from bottom of the football league. After that game I remember walking to the car thinking the club would be all right.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't really care about beating liverpool 1 nil. It happens (a fair amount this season). But the big thing is back to back wins against top 6 teams

You do know they’re the official BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD and we just BEAT THEM AWAY right?! The 3 points are just the added bonus - it’s about far far far more than 3 points tonight...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great win, but Hereford, then the FA Cup semi final and of course the Charity Shield in 1910 all bigger. I'd also throw in a random shout for Peterborough away the season after Hereford when we were second from bottom of the football league. After that game I remember walking to the car thinking the club would be all right.

Come on I did clearly state in my first post what my definition of ‘biggest win’ was in terms of this thread - in terms of a football match - certainly not anywhere near our ‘most important biggest wins’, obviously...!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
You do know they’re the official BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD and we just BEAT THEM AWAY right?! The 3 points are just the added bonus - it’s about far far far more than 3 points tonight...
They've been shit for the last few games

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They've been shit for the last few games

They won 3-1 away at one of the leagues in form sides West Ham, and then the game before beat Spurs 3-1 away. Are you sure you’re a BHA fan?!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Spoke to my daughter in Southampton tonight before game her old man is a Pool fan ( says it all as he is local , good guy though ) , i asked him if he was scared , no he said , you should be i said . Now normally at this point i`m in the shit , but guess what .....NOT TONIGHT ......YOU BEAUTIES :bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
They won 3-1 away at one of the leagues in form sides West Ham, and then the game before beat Spurs 3-1 away. Are you sure you’re a BHA fan?!

Lost to burnley & Southampton (& now Brighton).

Big European clubs must be terrified

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We did ok

Was only beating #teamslikeliverpool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lost to burnley & Southampton (& now Brighton).

Big European clubs must be terrified

[MENTION=38145]Palacefinder General[/MENTION] - one for you.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Come on I did clearly state in my first post what my definition of ‘biggest win’ was in terms of this thread - in terms of a football match - certainly not anywhere near our ‘most important biggest wins’, obviously...!

I went straight to the post sorry. Yes, certainly up there, but think early 80's wins away at Liverpool might pip it, and I think objectively the Charity Shield win was the two best teams in the country going head to head, so that probably pips it, but definitely up there.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There were in the 1983 5th Round and we beat the Champions of Europe then and ended a massive undefeated home run. To cap it off, I had to watch from the Kop as the away end was full. Even so, this seems bigger !

One of the best away games ive been to, tonight was good but will never beat that cup win, mind you tonight i didnt get a kicking in the car park after the game from any salt of the earth scousers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I went straight to the post sorry. Yes, certainly up there, but think early 80's wins away at Liverpool might pip it, and I think objectively the Charity Shield win was the two best teams in the country going head to head, so that probably pips it, but definitely up there.

Agreed but as I’m a younger fan and started going in 91 as a 4 year old, I personally can’t think of a bigger one. Even Man City at withdean... appreciate its different for older generations etc.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

Oh come on. That was ancient history. None of us was there or even saw it on TV. The ref wore plus fours and a tie and it was second on the programme to a London League Match between Chelsea and QPR.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
FAChShd1910a.jpg

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Oh come on. That was ancient history. None of us was there or even saw it on TV. The ref wore plus fours and a tie and it was second on the programme to a London League Match between Chelsea and QPR.

I can't agree with your reading of history. The league structure at the time was that there was 1. The Southern League (clubs like Brighton, Pompey, Spurs, Orient, West Ham) and the 2. Football League (mainly northern clubs but not all, Arsenal were a Fottball League club down south). The winners of both played off in The Charity Shield, hence the unofficial title "Champions of England". It might be a long time before we have that title again. For me it's the most significant achievement in the clubs history and the second most important game played by the club (after Hereford).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here