Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest Win Ever in 30 years watching the Albion

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
One of the big ones no doubt.
If only 50,000 scousers/tourists had been in the stadium to witness it.........scenes :tantrum:
There were in the 1983 5th Round and we beat the Champions of Europe then and ended a massive undefeated home run. To cap it off, I had to watch from the Kop as the away end was full. Even so, this seems bigger !

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I don't really care about beating liverpool 1 nil. It happens (a fair amount this season). But the big thing is back to back wins against top 6 teams

Yes - have we ever beaten teams in the top six back-to-back before?

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Was anyone on here at that 1_0 win in 1982? In those days we didn’t take that many fans to away games.

Mind you, about 5,000 of us were squeezed into the corner about a year later for the cup game........

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And like you say [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] it's nice to win by playing football, not by a flukey VAR decision or the like.

The difference between this and Hughton, is we're not just parking the bus and clinging on for dear life..... It was tactically perfect, narrow, solid in defensive shape but also quick to get out and spring attacks.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We've got some big cojones haven't we as a team

The bravery in possession. The refusal to let the names of the opponent or club get to you.

Spirit, confidence and belief

The culture is set from the top and permeates through the team

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Surely Forest away in 79......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t say it’s the greatest win in our history but it’s in the top one

(As cloughie might say)

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It was better celebrating on the Anfield terraces 39 years ago, not the same in front of a TV.
Hopefully we don't have to wait so long for the next win at Anfield.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Appreciate its personal but I’ve been watching the Albion fairly regularly since 91 - certainly as a teen / adult since 2000s when ive gone more regularly, I’ve never known a result like it. As a football match, not a ‘history part’ of our club or meaningful game.

Just still buzzing!!!!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't really care about beating liverpool 1 nil. It happens (a fair amount this season). But the big thing is back to back wins against top 6 teams

Tough crowd! I guess you’re right though, we need to push on and into Europe. Test ourselves against the continents best now we keeping beating the best England can muster! :albion2::lolol::rock:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The difference between this and Hughton, is we're not just parking the bus and clinging on for dear life..... It was tactically perfect, narrow, solid in defensive shape but also quick to get out and spring attacks.

Totally this. It’s almost unnatural watching the final few minutes of an Albion 1 nil lead without feeling like your an extra at the Alamo. We’re calm, composed, in control. Not clinging on, screaming at the ref to blow (I still did though tonight!) It takes some getting used to as a fan and I can’t lie. It feels weird!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Appreciate its personal but I’ve been watching the Albion fairly regularly since 91 - certainly as a teen / adult since 2000s when ive gone more regularly, I’ve never known a result like it. As a football match, not a ‘history part’ of our club or meaningful game.

Just still buzzing!!!!!

I was at Anfield in 1982 with the old man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here