Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
CAUC of a ref today, totally useless

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The ref was absolutely useless, we broke from a quick free kick the idiot pulls it back,, my other half said he’s giving Fulham everything and she was only half watching. Saying that there was no need for the needless offsides at this level. March had a perfect view of the line and lost his head, Undav best said about him the better not for this level.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Today showed game needs to move to 30mins in ball halves, game stops whilst ball out of play. Today we’d still all be in the Amex
Yes please, I see no other solution. I'd even say if the keeper has the ball in his hands, then stop the clock. I don't understand why football refuses to learn from other sports.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think my biggest problem with him was his refusal to either go back after waving play the advantage combined with his insistance on waving play on at the earliest opportunity. The ref can absolutely change his mind after waving the advantage, but this ref acted as if he wasn't allowed to. Which wouldn't be an issue if he waited a moment or two to actually see if there was an advantage.

I also think he ballsed up late on. You either stop play and give a free kick and give the yellow card, or you play on and wait for the next break in play. Late in the gave he played the advantage, so should have waited for the next break in play, but didn't He stopped play when Leno had it and gave the yellow card, then did a drop ball to Leno (after having signalled play on when Mac Allister was down injured, or maybe 'injured').

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
So this respect for referees and officials in general who are only human, the appalling culture we have in football towards, grassroots now needing bodycams etc….

….going well isn’t it?!!!! :lolol:

Come on people, maybe we just lost a game of football and are in need of a scapegoat?
Thanks ref

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The injury tactic is not just about time wasting - it is to disrupt the pattern of play of the opposition Which makes it all the more frustrating.
Exactly we play in a manner that leaves the opposition very little alternative.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Really? No idea at all? Nip it in the bud early. Note Michael Oliver gave a yellow in the first half to Emerson for time wasting on Weds. It can be done.
The difference being that Oliver is probably the only ref that is good at his job

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes please, I see no other solution. I'd even say if the keeper has the ball in his hands, then stop the clock. I don't understand why football refuses to learn from other sports.
The Qatar WC was brilliant on time, a game changer.

The moment English football resumed, the players through their powerful organisation said NO WAY, THAT’S NOT HAPPENING HERE, CITING WELFARE.

So were FIFA oblivious to player welfare in the WC?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Any player who is attended to should leave at the nearest point and then only return from the 4th officials area. Added to which the ball has to dead before they're allowed back. If they are fit enough to receive treatment off the pitch they can come on from the position they went off when the game is in play and on the ref's permission.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Not cheating but his head went in the second half. He was absolutely hopeless throughout, but there was a 10 minute period after the full stadium 'you don't know what you're doing' where he was visibly panicking and couldn't manage it.

The wider point really though is that he helped us in a way, as the crowd were really up for it from 65 odd mins onward and we were absolutely all over them throughout that whole period. We should have just put them away.

Instead we missed a load of chances and stupid errors, including the millionth missed placed pass of the afternoon of a pressurised and overwhelmed looking Mitoma gifted them a winner.

They and their 12th man should never have been in that position.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I know, however we wasted the first half ourselves and have long felt aggrieved by such time wasting antics going back seasons. Maybe we need to win ugly ourselves a bit more? Holding officials will protect us from etc is just naive. And believe it or not, Brighton have one games this way too. Every club does it.

We’re just feeling aggrieved because we lost and need someone to blame. Watch, I’ll get abuse for such that but if it helps people with short temperatures…
We definitely threw it away. So much control, a lot of chances. I'm sure it happened but I genuinely don't remember them being in our area apart from the goal.

He was a useless fùckwit but only got ourselves to blame.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
The Qatar WC was brilliant on time, a game changer.

The moment English football resumed, the players through their powerful organisation said NO WAY, THAT’S NOT HAPPENING HERE, CITING WELFARE.

So were FIFA oblivious to player welfare in the WC?
Definitely. Just play 14 minutes of injury time and yellow card players WHEN THEY START DOING IT not after 20 minutes of free hits and it stops in a weekend.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Definitely got a fair few decisions wrong.
Mitoma penalty shout, Fulham player had him over by pulling his shirt.
Foul given against Estupinan in the first half in front of the West Stand, Fulham player actually fouled Estupinan.
When March stopped he was fouled, looked bad when watching the highlights on the concourse.

I’m sure I also heard the Fulham fans singing “you don’t know what you’re doing”

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I just want refs to promote a flowing game and add on fair stoppage time.

Perhaps that's a :dunce: cause by me.
The whole officiating side of things is a mess, and has been for a long time. This country is inept at resolving issues, from trains to aircraft carriers, we now accept the malaise hence I’ve no faith in standards improving. We’ll be having this conversation again in 5 years. Nothing will improve. Cheating, gamesmanship, time wasting…it’s been part of the game ever since I remember it being a particularly foreign ploy back in the 70s and 80s. As usual, we were just last to catch up but it’s been established for decades now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here