[Albion] Biggest ****ing ref ever?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry, I'm not having that. I can cope with refs making mistakes. I cannot and will not accept their inability to stop their watch properly and cut out time wasting quickly. As I say every week, it's the easiest part of their job. The ref didn't cost us the game but he didn't do his job properly. AGAIN!!
It’s always something though isn’t it. We get the refs we deserve.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It’s always something though isn’t it. We get the refs we deserve.
Of course it's always something (3 recent PGMOL admissions that they got major decisions wrong against us of course), it is all part of the pantomime and players cheat in every conceivable way but I'm sick to death of their inability to do the easiest part of the job and I don't care whether it's another team doing the timewasting or us. Finally after all these years the refs got it right at the world cup and our useless lot have just decided that they can't be arsed dealing with it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Of course it's always something (3 recent PGMOL admissions that they got major decisions wrong against us of course), it is all part of the pantomime and players cheat in every conceivable way but I'm sick to death of their inability to do the easiest part of the job and I don't care whether it's another team doing the timewasting or us. Finally after all these years the refs got it right at the world cup and our useless lot have just decided that they can't be arsed dealing with it.
I agree with that.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The concussion rule is hardly the ref’s fault. This just shows what scumbags a lot of footballers are. The rule was brought in to protect their welfare. What’s their reaction ? Use it to win football matches. This rule needs changing.
100% this.
Crying wolf over head injuries is shameful, embarrassing and need stamping out immediately - not in a few seasons time.
As someone suggested earlier, a mandatory 5 mins off the pitch to be assessed - sub allowed (if requested) or play with 10 men until the 5 mins have elapsed.
I think we'd see a hell of a lot less of this, if implemented.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
100% this.
Crying wolf over head injuries is shameful, embarrassing and need stamping out immediately - not in a few seasons time.
As someone suggested earlier, a mandatory 5 mins off the pitch to be assessed - sub allowed (if requested) or play with 10 men until the 5 mins have elapsed.
It's SO SO easy to deal with. And I say it every week. Physios should be allowed on at the refs discretion whilst play goes on around them. The players would jump up like f***ing Lazarus.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So this respect for referees and officials in general who are only human, the appalling culture we have in football towards, grassroots now needing bodycams etc….

….going well isn’t it?!!!! :lolol:

Come on people, maybe we just lost a game of football and are in need of a scapegoat?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
100% this.
Any time the game is stopped for a head injury the player who went down should be given a mandatory five minutes concussion check absence with no substitute

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, from my angle it looked cast iron, but I guessed that VAR would have had the proper take on it.

Assuming they checked the correct tackle 😂

They did check the right tackle, but they were looking for a penalty to Fulham, and thought it was a foul to us

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's SO SO easy to deal with. And I say it every week. Physios should be allowed on at the refs discretion whilst play goes on around them. The players would jump up like f***ing Lazarus.
I'm all for allowing play to be stopped for potential head injuries - it would be crass, otherwise. The way forward is for those with said 'injuries' to take a standing count, like in boxing - 5 mins on the sidelines would surely stop all this nonsense.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
The concussion rule is hardly the ref’s fault. This just shows what scumbags a lot of footballers are. The rule was brought in to protect their welfare. What’s their reaction ? Use it to win football matches. This rule needs changing.
Really, really good point and needs to be acknowledged. Problem is most pundits are ex-players (Simon Jordan often points this out) and therefore won't ever suggest this could be true.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
And when fans don’t agree with the ref’s use of his discretion? Call him a useless cheat and drive more referees away from the game.
When I say at his discretion, I mean they can't just come on and off willy nilly. If a player goes down with a head injury he can just call one physio on and the play goes on. This should help referees combat this and help the game flow.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Any time the game is stopped for a head injury the player who went down should be given a mandatory five minutes concussion check absence with no substitute
I disagree - give the manager the option from the subs still available, or play on with 10 men, until that 5 mins has elapsed.
Some head injuries are genuine, so we can't assume they're not, hence the option of a sub.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So this respect for referees and officials in general who are only human, the appalling culture we have in football towards, grassroots now needing bodycams etc….

….going well isn’t it?!!!! :lolol:

Come on people, maybe we just lost a game of football and are in need of a scapegoat?
Long before their winner, the ref's performance was lambasted from within the stadium.

From the off he allowed endless time wasting, Leno holding the ball for an age on repeat, kicking the ball away repeatedly when we wanted quick free kicks.

Put it this way, if you're a coach who seeks; a stop-start game, no momentum, playing time lost down a blackhole.... Darren England is your man.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
After the injustice of last week, it felt like the ref was going to do everything in his power to make sure it didn’t seem like he was going to give anything in our favour so every single decision went Fulham’s way. Either that or the Premier League genuinely don’t want us anywhere near the top 6.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thereby guaranteeing players play on with concussion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports