Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest Derby In The World Is Back Tomorrow!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Back to the 2 horse race next season then.
I pay more attention to non league football than Scottish football.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
That's not the point, really. When Celtic v Rangers was relevant I, and many others would know both squads almost as well as we know Premier League teams' players. It was a big UK sporting occasion.

It isn't any more.

'm watching MoTD tonight and would struggle with most teams on there tbh

its not like the old days when most teams were made of of British players and played the same squad more or less every week

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
El Clasico is FAR bigger than the Old Firm game, whether on a sporting level or with regard to the political history and overtones of the fixture.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Roma v Lazio is pretty severe.The Milan derby is a big one.

Rangers v Celtic is huge in Scotland and nowhere else.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Mods- surely time to move to The Other Stuff along with all the other irrelevances?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Roma v Lazio is pretty severe.The Milan derby is a big one.

Rangers v Celtic is huge in Scotland and nowhere else.

Strange statement. With the exception of El Classico, you'll probably most derbies are only of interest in the countries in which they occur. Roma and Lazio and the Milan derby are not going to make front page news.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Strange statement. With the exception of El Classico, you'll probably most derbies are only of interest in the countries in which they occur. Roma and Lazio and the Milan derby are not going to make front page news.

I don't think any derby is going to make front page news.If I say the Milan derby is a big one it doesn't mean I think it's huge around the world.Not now anyway.
There was a time however when it beat El Classico which I personally believe is at it's peak due to the front 3 at Barca and Ronaldo.
In the days of some guy called Maldini plus Shevchenko,Gullit,Crespo etc the Milan derby in my opinion was the biggest and was watched around the world.
If a big derby is full of south americans then you will always get massive viewing figures on that continent as well as probably asia whoever is playing.
I was lucky enough to be at the San Siro for Milan 3 Inter 4 in 2006 when both teams were crammed with world stars.

At the end though most fans are interested in their own leagues.It surprised me how a main channel like Channel 4 carried Serie A live for so long.
Most foreign leagues are shown on sports channels etc and not on a main channel.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I'm sure they are,but playing in shared stadiums,never really got that

That's just because it's foreign to you.I prefer own stadiums but having shared is financially easier.

Roma will have their new stadium started within the next 12 months I hope and Milan or Inter will hopefully proceed
with their own intended stadium within the next few years.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014

A lot of the Sussex folk here are a bit naïve how big this game is.[/QUOTE]

jockstrap comment unless your from Glasgow or a religious fanatic --no one cares about -- bet it wont make the telly as a news item the Northern Ireland situation made it it big nothing else, it used to be big it isn't now ---there both shit in Europe --sweaty socks HUH !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here