Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Big Thank You to China

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It works today. You should head to China at some point. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully he's not a Muslim if he decides to go to China .... the internment camps aren't like Butlins.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hopefully he's not a Muslim if he decides to go to China .... the internment camps aren't like Butlins.

I saw a recent report on this on TV. Horrible, inhuman places where forgotten people are housed in desperate conditions with little to keep them going except the hope that one day their ordeal will end and they can return home.

I bet the Chinese internment camps aren't much fun either.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not sure about that. China were clever to massively undercut existing UK suppliers to BT 20-30 years ago that meant they got hooked on Huawei as a supplier who managed to grow from there. On 5G - the NCSC worked with Huawei over a long period and while no immediate security threats were found - the quality of code and certain aspects were of it were called out and did not improve over many years. Not sure why this is relevant to Trump as the only other major 5G suppliers are both Scandinavian

Trumps Government warned the UK Government off Huawei, said that it would weaken their willingness to share information with the UK. Not sure it was much to do with Trump himself though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Trumps Government warned the UK Government off Huawei, said that it would weaken their willingness to share information with the UK. Not sure it was much to do with Trump himself though.

And the daft thing is that there are no more backdoors into Huawei kit than there are Cisco, HP etc. Huawei actually gives you more bang for your buck.

Many moons ago I used to work for a UK defence company who had a licence to sell weapons systems to China. The licence was only granted on the condition that there was a 'backdoor' into the systems for UK military intelligence. So why anyone thinks the Chinese, the USA, Russia, etc wouldn't do the same is beyond me. The answer is - manufacture your own kit in country.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My constituency has held a large Tory majority for the whole of its existence (except for the short period where Nick Soames was kicked out of the party for opposing a no-deal Brexit).

As a non-Tory voter, my vote doesn't matter.

Yet you have the freedom to move to a constituency of your choice and vote there.

No such freedoms or rights in China.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here