Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

big signing soon

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can you rule out Robbie Keane? If he is not money driven then on the face of it would he rather play in a nice place like Brighton winning games than somewhere like Wigan losing games and struggling against relegation. I can see there being a desire for this type of player to make this choice. Doubt it would be Keane though.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can you rule out Robbie Keane? If he is not money driven then on the face of it would he rather play in a nice place like Brighton winning games than somewhere like Wigan losing games and struggling against relegation. I can see there being a desire for this type of player to make this choice. Doubt it would be Keane though.

When was the last time a top-level footballer wasn't money-driven? It just doesn't happen. And it's not even about the money, the money doesn't make any difference to someone like him anymore, it's to do with the ego. His mates are on 80-100K a week, he's not going to say to them "I'm going down to the coast to play for Brighton on 10K a week".

I'd like to be proved wrong though.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
When was the last time a top-level footballer wasn't money-driven? It just doesn't happen. And it's not even about the money, the money doesn't make any difference to someone like him anymore, it's to do with the ego. His mates are on 80-100K a week, he's not going to say to them "I'm going down to the coast to play for Brighton on 10K a week".

I'd like to be proved wrong though.

That's pretty much how I see it

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Roy Keane coming in to replace Gus who is off to villa for £3m? :thumbsup:

No, Ricky Villa is Keane to come here to replace Gus who is off to Birmingham for £3m

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm sworn to secrecy....but I know who it is!!....it's ...Aarrghh!

Thanks for letting us know, now all we need to do is find a decent song to go along with Aarrghh - is he Irish, by the way :)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm sworn to secrecy....but I know who it is!!....it's ...Aarrghh!

If there really is someone on the way, and if you really do know who it is, then I can gaurantee you that you are not the only person who knows that is 'sworn to secrecy'. Why don't you just register a new account and say who it is on there? Nobody would know it was you...

Or you could be talking rubbish or just passing on a rumour of course, which is probably more likely.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Thanks for letting us know, now all we need to do is find a decent song to go along with Aarrghh - is he Irish, by the way :)

What about the H block classic - Der der der der, Aarrghh.

Unless he's another winger then we could recycle - Aarrghh, Aarrghh runs down the wing for me, da da da da da da da da da da

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Aaarrrghfur Fuckssake.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011