Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big points gaps in the Championship for promotion

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wow, that is some going to win 15 of the last 19 to win the league. Not a massive fan of Reading but that was some going!

The signing of Roberts in the Jan window was pivotal if I remember correctly

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think all of Leeds, Derby and Wednesday may end up higher than Reading. Can't stand Villa, but they can easily make the play offs with the classy signings they're making this window. Luckily for us, they've been half asleep in their PL hangover thus far.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It will take an amazing set of results, but not impossible. The one side I can seeing doing something similar is Derby, think it may be just beyond them though.
The way the boys are carving out results, I could see the Albion doing it too...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The story for the rest of the season isn't going to be about who can catch us / will we get caught, its going to be about whether we can be just the sixth side ever to get 100 points and whether we can win this division for the first time in our history.

But most of all it will be about Brighton's return to the top division :albion:

Screenshot from 2017-01-25 20-18-23.png

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Fancy Cardiff to get something at Reading on Saturday. Warnock has a good record against the Royals.

I see this mentioned a lot - bit of an urban myth. His record against Reading is P20 W5 D3 L12.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's easy to shit yourself about being caught but barring some huge injury crisis (realistically all 3 strikers and no replacement bought) we should wrap promotion up with games to spare.

A few years ago we had the whole Adkins keeping up thing - we weren't concerned about fat Lee Clarke at Huddersfield. We should be thinking about beating Newcastle to the title in the same way not looking at tinpot Reading and wondering if they might beat Rotherham. We're going up. It's whether we go up as Champions or not.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
In 2011/12, we (Reading) were 11 points off 1st placed West Ham after 27 games (we were 8th at the time), and we ended up winning the league.

We had to win 15 out of the last 19 games to catch them, so you'd be looking at a team hitting that sort of form from now on. Can't see it myself.
Totally agree.....It's Defo achievable but don't see any below capable of that as it's such a tough division.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looking back on our 3 previous playoff seasons we actually finished like a train and haven't yet had a good season where we've loss momentum.
Signs are encouraging:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here