Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nick Harris at The Mail was given the same access, article here:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
For those who still like paper it's a full 3-page spread and a great read for the £3. Jason Burt had unprecedented access to the club so you can read what the players have for breakfast, dinner and takeaways too!
In the initial message he says "3500 words in print, 7000 online". So he must have this the wrong way round. I thought it didn’t seem like 7,000 words online. Damn. Now I have to decide whether to shell out for the paper…

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can anyon confirm where the article is longer? I might reluctantly buy the paper if that's where the long version is.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Great article.

Several things fall into the 'well, I didn't know that' category:

The training facilities are even better than I imagined.
We 'scout' the car park attendants of opposing teams.
We've got a climbing wall for the goalkeepers.
We have a kitchen on the team bus.
The catering operation is run by a Michelin starred chef we headhunted.

Talk about paying attention to the details !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great article.

Several things fall into the 'well, I didn't know that' category:

The training facilities are even better than I imagined.
We 'scout' the car park attendants of opposing teams.
We've got a climbing wall for the goalkeepers.
We have a kitchen on the team bus.
The catering operation is run by a Michelin starred chef we headhunted.

Talk about paying attention to the details !
I couldn't find any reference to Will Carvalho, the new chef, having received a Michelin star at any time, and it's not mentioned in this quite comprehensive Medium article:

Here and there you may see a mention that he "worked in Michelin-starred restaurants", or similar, which isn't quite the same.

(I'm absolutely not looking to nitpick here - I was just curious as to his background when I read the article last night)

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Torygraph by far the better article
The Mail one seems to be split into different bits - e.g. all their De Zerbi stuff is on a link within the article linked to on NSC.

Definitely very similar though, seems both writers were in the room(s) at the same time with the interviewees

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I couldn't find any reference to Will Carvalho, the new chef, having received a Michelin star at any time, and it's not mentioned in this quite comprehensive Medium article:

Here and there you may see a mention that he "worked in Michelin-starred restaurants", or similar, which isn't quite the same.

(I'm absolutely not looking to nitpick here - I was just curious as to his background when I read the article last night)

"has worked in Michelin starred restaurants" - "is a Michelin starred chef"

Journalism innit :wink:

(ducks and runs for cover before a certain NSC journalist sees)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

You're not nitpicking at all Bozza - it's a valid point, and a mistake on my part.

I read the article from start to finish, and still interpreted it wrongly. And I haven't had a drink yet either.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
"There was a game last season, Stern tells me, when an opposing team got the better of Brighton via a high, consistent press. And won.

‘We knew we could try to play through that press,’ he says. But instead De Zerbi noted the opponents’ press left them vulnerable to counter-attacks. The next time they met Brighton changed tactically to address that, via long accurate keeper distribution, and won."

1695553669931.png

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

If the Telegraph told me it was Christmas I would check the calendar

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
"There was a game last season, Stern tells me, when an opposing team got the better of Brighton via a high, consistent press. And won.

‘We knew we could try to play through that press,’ he says. But instead De Zerbi noted the opponents’ press left them vulnerable to counter-attacks. The next time they met Brighton changed tactically to address that, via long accurate keeper distribution, and won."

View attachment 166901
Smug eddie looks like another manager who's followed RDZ and taken up smoking and they've photoshopped the exhaled cloud out!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Lovely stuff.
Lallana's comment about if Milner had joined the club 3 years ago he wouldn't have been happy with the dressing room was interesting.
And I'd have loved to have seen Mitoma's face when presented with the sushi.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lovely stuff.
Lallana's comment about if Milner had joined the club 3 years ago he wouldn't have been happy with the dressing room was interesting.
And I'd have loved to have seen Mitoma's face when presented with the sushi.
I'm going for either game show levels of enthusiasm or a polite request for the chicken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here