Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big piece in the Telegraph [and The Mail - see post #41]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting to read about Jack Stern - I thought de Zerbi had brought his own GK coach with him. Oh well, live and learn!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Interesting to read about Jack Stern - I thought de Zerbi had brought his own GK coach with him. Oh well, live and learn!

He did, Ricard Segarra. He’s definitely still with us as he’s in the photos of the RDZ and the coaches getting the performance of the week award for the Man Utd win.

Both he and Jack Stern are listed as first team goalkeeping coach on the club website whereas when Ben Roberts was here Jack was listed as assistant goalkeeping coach. Maybe they are jointly running the goalkeeping department now.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I didn’t know RDZ was a smoker.

Everyone who has ever dealt with De Zerbi talks about his obsession with football. “Football and cigarettes,” Brighton’s head coach says, laughing, as he sits in a side room having just completed his press conference ahead of facing AEK Athens.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I get this sneaky feeling barber is going to leave soon.....this might be his last season. Clever for him to say that there are people in the club that can do his job better than him

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

He did, Ricard Segarra. He’s definitely still with us as he’s in the photos of the RDZ and the coaches getting the performance of the week award for the Man Utd win.

Both he and Jack Stern are listed as first team goalkeeping coach on the club website whereas when Ben Roberts was here Jack was listed as assistant goalkeeping coach. Maybe they are jointly running the goalkeeping department now.

You can hear directly from the man himself (Jack Stern) - he was on the Albion Unlimited podcast a few weeks ago.

Albion Unlimited

Stern is an Albion fan himself after moving to Heathfield at the age of 8 - Jack Stern joins Albion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You can hear directly from the man himself (Jack Stern) - he was on the Albion Unlimited podcast a few weeks ago.

Albion Unlimited

Stern is an Albion fan himself after moving to Heathfield at the age of 8 - Jack Stern joins Albion.

You could just summarise what he said in relation to the subject being discussed here. That would be a lot easier than having to scan through a podcast.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Great read, thanks for bringing it to our attention! I love this club more and more each day.

I'm another that never pegged RDZ for a smoker though! :smokin:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Remember James Horncastle saying De Zerbi smoked a lot, it’s not unusual for Italian managers/coach’s to smoke. His nervous energy does give off a smoker’s vibe!

The only time I’ve ever really smoked is when on holiday in Italy as it’s the only time in my life I thought it looked cool! Italian’s just look good!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Great read, thanks for bringing it to our attention! I love this club more and more each day.

I'm another that never pegged RDZ for a smoker though! :smokin:
Great article. But I think you will find that it’s Thomas Tuchel who is the manager that is pegged.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
For those who still like paper it's a full 3-page spread and a great read for the £3. Jason Burt had unprecedented access to the club so you can read what the players have for breakfast, dinner and takeaways too!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
For those who still like paper it's a full 3-page spread and a great read for the £3. Jason Burt had unprecedented access to the club so you can read what the players have for breakfast, dinner and takeaways too!
I read it on a digital subscription and I found it strange how the article suddenly ended

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So RDZ was our number one target on a shortlist of 3. Who do we think the other 2 were and are they still on the list?

I recall that Bo Svensson, Kjetil Knutsen and Franck Haise were all linked at the time.

Kjetil Knutsen is still doing great things at Bodø/Glimt. 5 wins and a draw in 6 matches this season.

Bo Svensson's Mainz are bottom of the Bundesliga, with a draw and 4 losses in 5 matches.

Franck Haise is currently struggling at Lens who are bottom of Ligue 1, also with a draw and 4 losses in 5 matches.

I hope Fluminense coach Fernando Diniz, who is also currently Brazil's interim coach, is on our current shortlist. He looks like he has the potential to be special in an RDZ type of way.

But thank God we chose Roberto, it is possibly the best decision the club has ever made.

Last edited:

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
De zerbi is a smoker?
Everyone who has ever dealt with De Zerbi talks about his obsession with football. “Football and cigarettes,” Brighton’s head coach says, laughing, as he sits in a side room having just completed his press conference ahead of facing AEK Athens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here