Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Big Name Film Stars You Dislike...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Great thread. I'm bound to miss plenty off though. In no particular order:

Hanks
Stallone
Bacon
Weaver
Cruise

el punal

Not really a "big name film star" but Erik Estrada who played Officer Frank Poncherello in the tv series Chips. He's got the type of face you just want to punch... Officer Frank PUNCHerello would have been more apt.
The picture says it all...

View attachment 121555

Bit of gossip here - Erik Estrada and his sidekick, Officer Jon Baker (actor Larry Wilcox), detested each other. It was almost a competition to see who could wear the tightest shirt and tightest trousers. When one them wore heels to make himself look taller the other would respond in kind. Oooh, such bitches! :catfight:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Robin Williams

This is a correct, yet tragic nomination.

His films were terrible. Sugar coated, feel good nonsense. I can't think of a single good thing he was in.

And yet he's one of my favourite stand ups. The earlier, manic stuff is better but he is so damn funny and warm in his comedy. Given how it turned out for him I do wonder if the films and stand ups were two opposite ends of his personality.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Leonardo DiCaprio
Jim Carrey

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is a correct, yet tragic nomination.

His films were terrible. Sugar coated, feel good nonsense. I can't think of a single good thing he was in.

And yet he's one of my favourite stand ups. The earlier, manic stuff is better but he is so damn funny and warm in his comedy. Given how it turned out for him I do wonder if the films and stand ups were two opposite ends of his personality.

He put in a couple of good turns as serial killer/stalker types and GMVietnam was okay at the time but he was either doing the sappy cheese or the maniacal gonzo.
Couldn’t stand seeing his stand up or seeing him interviewed. Stupid, yank “I’m crazy, me” rubbish.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Another vote for Streep.
And I’ll add Kevin Bacon, Robert Downey Jr (the smug face again) and Kieffer Sutherland (although I liked him in Young Guns).

Downey Jr has been shocking for as long as he's been known. Just astonishingly bad and unlikable. Apart from Tropical Thunder.
Sutherland i feel for as he's had to fail in fighting to escape the quality of his father's shadow, but his career has been long and full even though his range has seemingly diminished.
Streep, well, she does have the power to annoy, yes, well Mamma Mia, but heavens to betsy what an actress at times. And marrying John Cazale, with all the tragedy attached to that. Legendary.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Downey Jr has been shocking for as long as he's been known. Just astonishingly bad and unlikable. Apart from Tropical Thunder.
Sutherland i feel for as he's had to fail in fighting to escape the quality of his father's shadow, but his career has been long and full even though his range has seemingly diminished.
Streep, well, she does have the power to annoy, yes, well Mamma Mia, but heavens to betsy what an actress at times. And marrying John Cazale, with all the tragedy attached to that. Legendary.

I in no way wish to knock her acting chops, clearly the woman can put a turn in. The problem rests with me.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
It's been said already, but Hanks for me. Other than The Bachelor and The Burbs, a mostly constant annoyance, without depth even he's played a supposed range of characters. An unintriguing Jimmy Stewart.

De Niro has gone sh*t too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He put in a couple of good turns as serial killer/stalker types and GMVietnam was okay at the time but he was either doing the sappy cheese or the maniacal gonzo.
Couldn’t stand seeing his stand up or seeing him interviewed. Stupid, yank “I’m crazy, me” rubbish.

Good Morning Vietnam was ok, no more than that. I probably need to revisit the stand up to see if I was right or not, to be fair. Another thing on the "don't get bored" to do list.

Either way, take care of yourself and respect for getting out there and doing necessary but unappreciated work.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
It's been said already, but Hanks for me. Other than The Bachelor and The Burbs, a mostly constant annoyance, without depth even he's played a supposed range of characters. An unintriguing Jimmy Stewart.

De Niro has gone sh*t too.

Quoting myself, i know, and probably looking to argue with anyone at the minute, but what i really mean about De Niro is that he should stick to his comedies now. He's quite good at it. Anything deadly serious has him as a self-pastiche.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Quoting myself, i know, and probably looking to argue with anyone at the minute, but what i really mean about De Niro is that he should stick to his comedies now. He's quite good at it. Anything deadly serious has him as a self-pastiche.

Now, I assumed that you had gone off de Niro precisely because of the comedies. Every time he takes on these roles, his legacy is further tarnished.

Edit to add: not an actor, and not irrational, but I think Steven Spielberg is shithouse

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nah - not having this.

There hasn't been one big name film star mentioned in this thread that can't be linked to a decent film.

You've all got cabin fever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here