Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Big day wed re stadium plans confirmation: THE VOTE IS 'YES'

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Will there be highlights later? I missed it all.

:lolol:

Believe me when I say it was as boring as hell!!

The only bit that was gripping was 30 seconds at the end of our piece when the Planning Commitee had to vote.

But they do put the webcasts up as archives, so keep an eye on that.

Not sure how quickly they do that though.

Brighton and Hove Council Webcasting

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Great news!! I agree with others,with the new stadium and new signings i am really excited about whats to come.:albion2:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Couldn't agree more TLO. Never seen the woman before but was sitting two rows behind her with "Steward" and DK. She's really horrible, looks a mess and gave a really poor performance today imo. Clearly pissed off some of the councillors by lecturing to them.
Did anyone understand what the guy from the CPRE was on about?

Totally agree Cutress had no chance as she was going on about things that had already been sorted between the club and the council.

If anyone heard the phone ring whilst MP was talking it was Dick Knights :lolol:

Great to see the council vote 10-0 with only 2 abstainees :yahoo:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Just my opinion, but...Gold? It's a damn good read I tell ye

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Due to the biblical efforts of a few,we will get our stadium.I now place on record.....it will be up to us to make it work,6000 thousand at withdean has to double at least.I

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
Fantastic news. I can't wait to go along and have a beer. Once that ground work starts and the foundations start rising from the ground it will be even better!

3 months and that will be clear to see :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was the only result really. Did anyone doubt it?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Great news - and I was gripped by the telecast full of bad ties.

Can someone explain in a couple of lines where this has got us to now. Are there more council hurdles? Will there be more application or is the contentious stuff over with now (I appreciate that funding is a whole new can of worms).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Can someone explain in a couple of lines where this has got us to now. Are there more council hurdles? Will there be more application or is the contentious stuff over with now (I appreciate that funding is a whole new can of worms).

That's pretty much it. The main stadium building can go ahead as amended.

A couple of tiny applications outstanding. Read more here

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Stadium | Stadium | Council Rules on Albion Application

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Should see the building start big now, main structure is due up by the summer.

Boy feel like I can start to taste it, dreaming of watching football without a poncho.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great news
Great thread - much more entertaining than the meeting I'm sure

Now just where is the financing coming from in the current climate?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

MP said (today at the meeting) that part of the planning permission the club had to prove that it had the funding in place. Other wise building could not start. I beleve that that should mean that there is no problem with funding.

Can some one verrify that? Steward or anyone else who was watching or was there or knows for sure?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
MP said (today at the meeting) that part of the planning permission the club had to prove that it had the funding in place. Other wise building could not start. I beleve that that should mean that there is no problem with funding.

Can some one verrify that? Steward or anyone else who was watching or was there or knows for sure?

Those were his exact words!!

Before the council would approve or even donate the land they required proof that the funding was available.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just got in and read the post. It was just like being there. ( But with witty asides.) Fortunatly though there was not ten individuals there, they have to follow Party policy in the voting. So they were never going to vote against it. Now lets see. A guy my mum likes, an ex miss Brighton and the wife of a guy I used to stand on the Chicken Run with. Counncillors. :wozza: Sorted. Well done Martin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here